• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I decided that I was going to move all the battle ‘mons I had in BD into home. Unfortunately the Garchomp I personally hatched is flagged to not allow transfer for some reason. So I’ll be sending another help request into Pokémon Home. It seems there’s a bunch of bugs in their V2.0 update. *sigh*

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I decided that I was going to move all the battle ‘mons I had in BD into home. Unfortunately the Garchomp I personally hatched is flagged to not allow transfer for some reason. So I’ll be sending another help request into Pokémon Home. It seems there’s a bunch of bugs in their V2.0 update. *sigh*
Even if it was trained it's easy to get a decent garchomp in BDSP. The catch is the moves they might know is unpredictable sometimes. or gibble hidden near the bridge.

As for your garchomp does it have Hidden Power move or Dynamax form? you might need to check if your pokemon has a move that was removed in the remake.

Det. Viper

Even if it was trained it's easy to get a decent garchomp in BDSP. The catch is the moves they might know is unpredictable sometimes. or gibble hidden near the bridge.

As for your garchomp does it have Hidden Power move or Dynamax form? you might need to check if your pokemon has a move that was removed in the remake.
If it was a regular Garchomp then I wouldn’t be all that upset. But I went and MM’d and hatched a shiny one. That’s a little bit harder to replace. So it’s sitting in BD right now as I wait to figure out if anything—which probably not—is going to be done about it.

Pokefan_1987

If it was a regular Garchomp then I wouldn’t be all that upset. But I went and MM’d and hatched a shiny one. That’s a little bit harder to replace. So it’s sitting in BD right now as I wait to figure out if anything—which probably not—is going to be done about it.
Well that's a shame when it's a legit shiny.

Det. Viper

Well that's a shame when it's a legit shiny.
As of today it is still being flagged. To my surprise I am still in contact with the Home Support Team as they try to determine why it is being falsely flagged. I ended up moving all my breeds and shinies out of BDSP and into Home as a precaution.

Entradius1

Just some dude
So with the update to pokemon home I decided to continue playing shining pearl. I transferred over some pokemon, completed the national pokedex, and now that I have more interesting pokemon, I started playing brilliant diamond. I wish I could have transferred over pokemon months ago since the pre-national pokedex feels too limited.

I am annoyed that I cannot transfer moves between the generations anymore. Among other things I had a pretty good shiny Electivire that lost Ice punch and cross chop. I had hoped that BDSP would receive an update with move tutors to help allieviate the lack of egg moves but I was disappointed. It also does not help that obtaining certain TMs requires either grinding materials in the underground or farming tons of BP. This change has caused me to only transfer over pokemon that learn good level up moves instead of pokemon that have good movesets because it is tedious to have to redo almost every moveset on the pokemon that I have transferred.

Det. Viper

I’m beginning to wind down my game of Brilliant Diamond. I withdrew all my breeds and Ditto. All I have left there is a couple Pokémon looking for some contest ribbons. Although the game is quite average I think I’ll remember it for being the game I had the most luck hatching shinies with a total of 14 successful hatches.

One last thing is to finish getting ribbons on a Scyther. I caught a shiny Scyther in LeafGreen and transferred it throughout the games and generations where it picked up all the champion ribbons and all 20 Hoenn contest ribbons and even got a picture of it hanging in the Lilycove Art Museum. I tried to get it a ribbon in Kalos but the Maison was too much for me. In Alola it got the easy battle tree ribbon. Upon transfer to Galar I was able to mint a gold cap it so it took out Leon with ease. I moved it to Sinnoh and it received the footprint ribbon and was the star of the show in all 6 contests. Now I just need to get the story ribbons for Tuesday through Friday. It will end its journey by going back in time to Hisui where it will evolve into Kleavor and have its picture taken at the studio.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
And that's it folks - I've beaten the main story for Brilliant Diamond! Victory Road was a bit confusing but nothing outrageous, got my team to Level 60 or so in time to crush Barry with relative ease and take on the final battles! I can't remember too well how they went, but they were definitely more challenging than any other fight I've come up against so far.

Aaron was taken down by Magmortar, Rhyperior, Electivire and Togekiss with no major challenges there except Heracross threatening the 2HKO with Rock Slide on Togekiss. Bertha was destroyed by Roserade, Rhyperior and Empoleon - 4x weaknesses and low Special Defense worked wonders there (plus Rhyperior beat Sudowoodo without major problem). Flint was fairly tricky actually due to Rapidash knowing Hypnosis, Lopunny being surprisingly tanky, Drifblim being faster than Electivire no matter what and Infernape having a Focus Sash? But we made it all the same. Lucian wasn't too bad although Mr. Mime setting up Light Screen was a chore but a combination of Roserade, Magmortar, Empoleon, Electivire and Rhyperior nailed it. Cynthia was also quite challenging, and I had hoped to have my team each take down one of her Pokemon but it wasn't quite meant to be. Rhyperior beat Spiritomb, Roserade beat Gastrodon and Roserade (Empoleon helped with the latter), Electivire beat Milotic, Magmortar beat Lucario despite having to be switched into Aura Sphere and Togekiss was meant to beat Garchomp... but I think it got crit by Poison Jab and was KOed, so Empoleon did the affection "survive on 1HP" thing and KOed back with Ice Beam. And that's it!

I don't really know how I feel about BDSP now that I've cleared the main story? I like that it's a simple fun way to play Sinnoh on the latest console since the original DP is so slow, but it is rather easy with the Exp. Share on all the time for all team members alongside the game not scaling for that. It's a bit like Let's Go in that sense, which is fine (although I thought Let's Go scaled its levels fairly well). It's a very pretty game and I like the chibi art style more than I did when first revealed, but the battle animations are starting to wear on me now a bit in terms of the effort made there (watching Empoleon use Surf and just seeing the whole sprite move upwards as if jumping is bleh). It's just fine, where SwSh was "good", Let's Go was "decent" and Legends: Arceus I hear is "amazing". So... yeah.

I'm not done with the game at any rate - so much left to do! Which includes...
  • Complete the Pokedex (all 493 Pokemon)
  • Beat all the gym leaders again
  • Clear the Elite 4 & Cynthia on their highest difficulty
  • Beat Palmer at his strongest (Singles 49 - I'll be ignoring Masters)
  • Compete in a Contest
After that I'm considering the file complete and I will move on to Legends: Arceus, which I've still not played in-depth yet.

Brilliant Diamond Team:
395.png
Royal the Empoleon
Level 64 | Hardy Nature | Torrent
Surf / Ice Beam / Grass Knot / Flash Cannon

407.png
Bandit the Roserade
Level 63 | Lonely Nature | Natural Cure
Giga Drain / Shadow Ball / Dazzling Gleam / Sludge Bomb

467.png
Amaterasu the Magmortar
Level 63 | Calm Nature | Flame Body
Flamethrower / Psychic / Mach Punch / Thunderbolt

464.png
Titan the Rhyperior
Level 63 | Brave Nature | Solid Rock
Earthquake / Megahorn / Avalanche / Rock Slide

468.png
Virtue the Togekiss
Level 65 | Gentle Nature | Serene Grace
Dazzling Gleam / Grass Knot / Flamethrower / Air Slash

466.png
Raijin the Electivire
Level 64 | Rash Nature | Motor Drive
Thunderbolt / Ice Punch / Earthquake / Psychic

Can't speak for how good my team was when every member basically 1-2HKOed everything they battled and I can count on one hand how many times any of them were KOed, but these are some of my favourite Sinnoh Pokemon of all time and I'm glad I got a chance to use them all! Heck Electivire is my favourite Pokemon of all time so using my Raijin was awesome. I have no regrets using this squad, they're rad and I recommend!

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

My first team that beat the E4 was Togekiss Gardevoir, Infernape, Garchomp, Lucario and i don't remember the last one. But it was a real pain getting every into a minimum of level 55. Took me a few tries and have never beaten them again. This game is REALLY TOUGH. I could beat half of pokemon ultra sun in 3 days single week compared to this. (I haven't caught Heatran yet, then the E4 are supposed to be even tougher.)

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
My first team that beat the E4 was Togekiss Gardevoir, Infernape, Garchomp, Lucario and i don't remember the last one. But it was a real pain getting every into a minimum of level 55. Took me a few tries and have never beaten them again. This game is REALLY TOUGH. I could beat half of pokemon ultra sun in 3 days single week compared to this. (I haven't caught Heatran yet, then the E4 are supposed to be even tougher.)
It always surprises me when people say the Elite Four and Cynthia are ridiculously hard, because I didn't have much issue with them. Don't get me wrong, they are hard, but not impossible. I must've just been really lucky.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Got the eighth badge, the Beacon Badge from Folkner.

Here's my team:

Quake - Torterra - lv 62
Apollo - Houndoom - lv 58
Hilda - Lickilicky - lv 62
Barbara - Crobat - lv 50
Hannibal - Staraptor - lv 55
Barry - Azumarill - lv 51

Luthor

I started temporarily moving Pokemon from BDSP into home to get them registered. There's a lot to get though.

Det. Viper

I started temporarily moving Pokemon from BDSP into home to get them registered. There's a lot to get though.
Yes there is. I didn’t like that they had the update to have each individual Pokédex from the Switch and Go. I started with using the GTS to register all the Go legendary Pokémon and now I’m going with LGPE (and I hate it). Hoping to do BDSP next then tackle the 3 Galar ones. I hope it doesn’t take you too long to get them registered

Luthor

Yes there is. I didn’t like that they had the update to have each individual Pokédex from the Switch and Go. I started with using the GTS to register all the Go legendary Pokémon and now I’m going with LGPE (and I hate it). Hoping to do BDSP next then tackle the 3 Galar ones. I hope it doesn’t take you too long to get them registered

Yeah. I can only do so many before I get bored. Yeah I didn't like that but well bit by bit i'll be able to update most. Excluding the ones not yet in Switch games.

Pokefan_1987

Yeah. I can only do so many before I get bored. Yeah I didn't like that but well bit by bit i'll be able to update most. Excluding the ones not yet in Switch games.
It's starting to depend on how many pokemon you don't have from pokemon go in your home app. for me it's been a lot because of how few i have.
This is partly to how i don't use Pokebank that i have more limited ammount of pokemon available in the box. Two pokemon subscriptions that i don't plan to use and i don't have Nintendo Online either.
I've got enough with Playstation +

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I've been working on completing the regional Pokedex before progressing with the post-game, if only so I can say I caught all 150 Pokemon prior to getting the National Pokedex! It is not as easy as I was hoping it would be - I forgot how annoying Honey trees, baby Pokemon and Spiritomb were. I am only missing 7 Pokemon though - Lucario, Milotic, Chimecho, Whiscash, Seaking, Spiritomb and Heracross - and even then I have the basic stage of all of them except the latter two. Spiritomb is a royal pain with the NPCs in the Underground but it does at least offer me opportunities to run around with the baby Pokemon to evolve them via happiness (why do they need day/night cycles to evolve? Such a hassle) and Heracross is a rare encounter on honey trees, but only certain ones? I have found a website which determines which trees they are for me, but even still that's 3-4 trees every 8 hours or so with a small chance to find a Heracross. Nightmare. I bred a shiny Combee though! Male, but still cool.

Pokemon GO once again saved me on that front - I had a bunch of Pearl exclusives on there which I could transfer in plus some rarer/more annoying Pokemon to find like Snorlax (Munchlax is in the Underground but I figured it would be easier to transfer Snorlax in). I suspect Sword will help me when it comes to trying to fill out the National Pokedex since 493 Pokemon is a lot (well 491 since Deoxys / Arceus aren't accessible without transfer or beating Legends: Arceus). It's become a bit of a grind which is a shame but Sword + GO should cover me for the most part? Guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Phil Rohan

Yesterday I beat Volkner (although like with Snowpoint Gym, it took me ages to work out how to actually get to the leader after beating all the trainers.) I also caught a Mantyke in the Grand Underground, having so far failed to find one on Route 223. (They're not even that rare there.)

Det. Viper

I finally got around to continuing my game of Pearl. I just got through cycling road so I am not very far into the game. However, I did a little clean up of my Home account and decided to use a few in a game rather than release them. Also, since I will have most of my Pokémon gaining boosted experience I decided to use a team larger than six for the first time. It weird walking around with a conglomeration of Pokémon from Go, LGPE, PLA and BDSP.

Current team:
Phione (BDSP); Luxio (BDSP); Prinplup (BDSP); Golbat (BDSP); Palkia (Go); Dugtrio (LGPE); Shieldon (Go); Monferno (PLA); Gyarados (PLA); Snubbul (Go); Pidgeot (LGPE)

The team will likely shrink as I continue. But I do find it slightly ironic that the evil team is trying to awaken Palkia and I’m just casually walking around with one.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I got a 2nd copy of the game, since I got my 2nd switch from last year. I am going to try and complete the Pokedex. I haven't done this since Platinum way back in 2009 and I remember putting in 600 hours in that game (yes I loved it that much)

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
It is done! I have caught all 151 Pokemon found within the Sinnoh Pokedex - a friend was kind enough to trade me a Heracross (and Palkia, albeit for 'dex purposes only) and evolve my Machoke / Haunter / Kadabra / Graveler whilst I worked on evolving Riolu, Chingling and Feebas. Spiritomb was a pain to get but luckily for me you can visit the Battle Zone before getting the National Pokedex, so I unlocked the Underground areas there and found enough NPCs to talk to which let me catch the spooky lad. Did some transfers from Pokemon GO and now my National Pokedex is sat at 298 Pokemon I think? Got lots of breeding to do, a bit of level grinding and then the Mythical/Legendary hunts and I should be done with the whole thing? Once the Pokedex is done it's just Gym Leader + Elite 4 / Cynthia rematches and the Battle Tower (which I may skip to be honest, depends on if I can get a Razor Fang without it). Cool stuff!