• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon BDSP - Recent Happenings Thread

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I beat Cynthia again and my goodness she kept wrecking me with her Garchomp spamming Earthquake and then by some dumb luck she got greedy and used Swords Dance like 3 times. My Empoleon was able to take it down with an Ice Beam, first using up the Berry that weakens the ice type move, and the 2nd time it actually made Garchomp faint. I never felt this much stress in a Pokemon game.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I’ve been soft resetting to encounter Shiny Arceus. Been doing it on and off since the event game out however this past 2 weeks been doing it hours on end with no luck

Phil Rohan

I've caught Uxie and Azelf (which mercifully didn't take as long as they have done in previous games), and I now have the National Pokédex. Time to start catching all the vast number of Pokémon that are now unlocked. I'm especially hoping for a Dome Fossil - I have multiple of all the other Kanto and Hoenn fossils, but I don't have a Dome yet, despite spending hours grinding in the Underground earlier.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Averaging about 3 hours a day resetting and that’s everyday, still no Shiny Arceus

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I finally had my Shiny Arceus encounter. Like every capture I wanted it in a Pokeball, however because of how long this took to get the encounter I tried for a long time to get it in the pokeball but had to give up and use my Master ball on it when it had 1 struggle left in it before knocking itself out.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I finally had my Shiny Arceus encounter. Like every capture I wanted it in a Pokeball, however because of how long this took to get the encounter I tried for a long time to get it in the pokeball but had to give up and use my Master ball on it when it had 1 struggle left in it before knocking itself out.
That reminds me when i was capturing Tapu Fini, i was using a Paralyzis strategy and she exhausted most of her moves while i had my Tapu Bulu with Leftovers. Eventually she was stuck using struggle since she was unable to cast a new Aqua Ring (When i checked her she had nothing left except 5 Aqua Ring) but her previous ones never expired.

It was a slow battle of attrition and she broke more than 30 ultra balls. (I didn't have timer balls or even Dive Balls if those would work)
Only 1 other Pokemon that was even close to this was Entei in Omega Ruby but he didn't exhaust his moves or use Struggle.

~AussieWonder~

My gosh, I just hatched a shiny (modest) Piplup. Haha the funny thing is, I didn't even notice (initially), and then upon looking at its sprite, I was like "hmmm there's something a bit different about this one" upon which it clicked. Excited would be an absolute UNDERSTATEMENT - it's my first shiny starter.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
That reminds me when i was capturing Tapu Fini, i was using a Paralyzis strategy and she exhausted most of her moves while i had my Tapu Bulu with Leftovers. Eventually she was stuck using struggle since she was unable to cast a new Aqua Ring (When i checked her she had nothing left except 5 Aqua Ring) but her previous ones never expired.

It was a slow battle of attrition and she broke more than 30 ultra balls. (I didn't have timer balls or even Dive Balls if those would work)
Only 1 other Pokemon that was even close to this was Entei in Omega Ruby but he didn't exhaust his moves or use Struggle.
I see my legendaries using Struggle quite often as I only ever using a regular Pokeball to capture all of my Pokémon. But I wasn’t prepared to waste more months resetting for a shiny Arceus.

Pokefan_1987

I see my legendaries using Struggle quite often as I only ever using a regular Pokeball to capture all of my Pokémon. But I wasn’t prepared to waste more months resetting for a shiny Arceus.
That's quite a restriction for catching anything late in the game. Are you doing it as a challenge or just because you prefer how regular Pokeballs look?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
That's quite a restriction for catching anything late in the game. Are you doing it as a challenge or just because you prefer how regular Pokeballs look?
I prefer the regular pokeball look, think the anime inspired me as aside from Totodile, Forretress and Corsola they were all caught in regular balls.

So i have always done that myself, never had an issue with it and adds it’s own twist to my game play. However after how long this shiny Arceus took to appear I caved and now hate myself for doing so haha

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I finally dug enough Mysterious Shards in my Pearl game to catch everything in Ramanas Park. Finished up the park with Mewtwo. Now onto the 3 mythical Pokémon. I was going to attempt to shiny hunt them but I’m pretty burned out on BDSP so I think I’m scrapping that idea. Once I catch Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus I will be working on finishing the Sinnoh Pokédex in Home and winning some contest ribbons. I think once the Pokédex is complete and shiny Sceptile has the twinkling star ribbon I will close out my trek through Sinnoh and then return to PLA to shiny hunt and Shield to finish the 3 Galar Pokédex.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I've beaten the E4 and went through aqll the in-game areas. My team was Empoleon, Vespiquen, Rhydon, Machamp, Rotom, Jynx. Not having a Fairy move for Spiritomb, or a proper Grass type really made the E4 a hassle.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’ve been hopping back & forth between BDSP & Legends lately finishing up every postgame activity (Home connectivity helps), & I think I’m just about done with both of them. All I have left to do is beat Cynthia in the second rematch & defeat Arceus in Legends, though I’m personally worried about both of them because of how tough they are

I was lucky enough to sweep Cynthia last time partly because I had Manaphy & Palkia on my team, and partly because I was expecting to face her post-Stark Mountain team when I actually fought her pre-Stark Mountain one, but now I know this is the real challenge

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I defeated the E4 in my main BP game and got the National Dex. The high level Groudon and Heatran I had transferred into the game really took care of them all. Had to use two or three Revives on those two but I had no real issues. Cynthia’s Spiritomb was KO by one Prepice Blades attack and Milotic was taken out quickly by a single Solar Beam.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

I defeated the E4 in my main BP game and got the National Dex. The high level Groudon and Heatran I had transferred into the game really took care of them all. Had to use two or three Revives on those two but I had no real issues. Cynthia’s Spiritomb was KO by one Prepice Blades attack and Milotic was taken out quickly by a single Solar Beam.
Just be careful. All of the Gym Leaders have stronger teams. The E4 have stronger teams now and all of the E4 get a 2nd upgrade when you catch Heatran

gandhisahil131

I can do the pokerus just give me a little bit to move one over etc. I don't need anything in return they will get released anyways, but if you just have spare torchics I could take one lol what nature do you want Adamant?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well folks, I've done it - I've beaten Brilliant Diamond! It's not a 100% perfect file since I've ignored Contests, the Battle Tower, rematches with Barry, the battle(s) against Dawn and my Pokedex is not fully complete, but it will do.

I worked my way through the Battle Zone, which was surprisingly windy! I haven't done the Sinnoh post-game since I was a kid back in the mid-late 2000s and trying to get to Stark Mountain was a chore. I met up with Buck and was able to capture Heatran with little issue, and continued my Legendary captures with Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai and Shaymin. With this completed, it was Pokedex time! I decided early on I was going to leave Ramanas Park - farming the Underground for the rare items to access the Legendaries sounded awful since I'm really not that invested in BDSP anymore - so I just worked on the non-Legendary Pokemon, since having all of them on one file means I can breed teams for future playthroughs if I want to. Took about 15 hours or so? Lots of breeding, lots of Pokemon Go transfers, some Sword transfers and the odd foray into the Grand Underground but now all I'm missing is some trade evolutions (which my friend will help me with), Stantler and Gulpin / Swalot! So if anyone has those Pokemon, I'd love to grab one of your spares?

In-between training up Pokemon for the Pokedex I took on the Gym Leader rematches - nothing to report there, my team was in the mid-70s at this stage and crushed them without major hassle. Same with the first Elite 4 and Cynthia rematch, which I took on at level 80. The second Elite 4 + Cynthia rematch? Absolutely killer, my non-EV'd team was crushed from Bertha onwards (look at my team and find the Earthquake resist). Lucian in particular was a real pain and I actually struggled with him more than Cynthia? Alakazam is nuts I swear. Honestly most of the issues stemmed from my team just not being super duper strong, but I liked them all the same! Was nice to use my favourites for once, and in the end I came out on top with less item usage than my opponents.

Where to from here? I don't know. Maybe Let's Go Eevee, maybe Legends: Arceus, maybe not Pokemon at all. Guess we'll see! Would like the Gulpin and Stantler at least to call it a proper day though.

Brilliant Diamond Team:
395.png
Royal the Empoleon
Level 85 | Hardy Nature | Torrent
Surf / Ice Beam / Grass Knot / Flash Cannon

My trusty starter, and honestly one of the weaker members of the team. Empoleon just didn't seem to hit that hard with any of its moves even with solid coverage, and the Steel typing is a double edged sword in this game. Turns out a Water type weak to Ground and Fighting moves that is also neutral to Fire isn't too amazing, but I can't say there are many better choices out there. I still had fun using it, and I do love the Piplup line, so happy times all the same!

407.png
Bandit the Roserade
Level 85 | Lonely Nature | Natural Cure
Giga Drain / Shadow Ball / Dazzling Gleam / Sludge Bomb

Roserade was actually pretty good! Budew was not, but I needed a trusty partner for my starter for levelling balance and it served its role perfectly. Once Bandit became Roselia it was actually decently usable, and Roserade really picked up once it got Sludge Bomb. Grass STAB wasn't overly useful since my team has Electric and Grass coverage galore, but Poison STAB was fantastic! It was relatively speedy, reasonably bulky and it did exactly what I needed it to do. Awesome team member.

467.png
Amaterasu the Magmortar
Level 86 | Calm Nature | Flame Body
Flamethrower / Psychic / Mach Punch / Thunderbolt

This guy is the definition of hassle - a Shining Pearl exclusive (I'm playing Brilliant Diamond) who needs an item to evolve... which you can't get in Brilliant Diamond. Not a great start, but Magmortar was honestly incredible! Fire types do so well in Sinnoh it seems, especially ones with decent coverage - this guy had priority (albeit from an egg move) with Psychic + Electric coverage, which it turns out is an amazing combo across the game. It's not super fast, but Magmortar hit ridiculously hard and especially in the late-game and post-game it might have made MVP status. It was really good.

464.png
Titan the Rhyperior
Level 85 | Brave Nature | Solid Rock
Earthquake / Megahorn / Avalanche / Rock Slide

I was wary using Rhyperior, because like Magmortar it needs a post-game item to evolve and it has the Slow experience group meaning it might hog exp. from the rest of the team. It never actually happened though, and I had way more fun using the line in BDSP than I did in Let's Go! It was still slow, and got nailed by moves I didn't expect it to, but once we had Earthquake going this gal just took off and destroyed. I could always rely on Rhyperior to tank a hit and KO back even against some terrifying opponents, and for that I think it rocks (pun intended).

468.png
Virtue the Togekiss
Level 86 | Gentle Nature | Serene Grace
Dazzling Gleam / Grass Knot / Flamethrower / Air Slash

Togekiss... is a weird one. I loved using it because it's cute and a Fairy type and that's a killer combo! It has solid coverage, I got it early enough and Togepi + Togetic weren't too horrible to keep around either. It just didn't seem to hit particularly hard, and the Pokemon you'd want a Fairy type to counter had coverage for it which kind-of made it irrelevant. It was tanky and Fairy is an amazing typing to possess, but Togekiss did end up a little bit underwhelming. Was still my go-to Garchomp counter, which they succeeded at for the most part.

466.png
Raijin the Electivire
Level 86 | Rash Nature | Motor Drive
Thunderbolt / Ice Punch / Earthquake / Psychic

Electivire is my favourite Pokemon, and Electric types are always good in any Pokemon game because they zap all the common Water and Flying types. This time was no different! Thunderbolt go brrr, and when it didn't... Earthquake and Psychic covered things. Ice Punch wasn't used much at all but I like BoltBeam coverage for the aesthetic, so that was nice. Electivire wishes it had a good Physical Electric STAB since Thunderbolt did miss vital KOs sometimes, but I won't hold it against them too much. Was amazing for the Elite 4 and Champion, can't recommend it enough!

Total Play Time: 65hrs 27mins

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Alakazam is nuts I swear
It's absolutely nuts! I took it on with Dialga and Manaphy on my team and it still swept the remainder of my team. I highly suggest having either a super fast pokemon or a Trick Room user for support

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
It's absolutely nuts! I took it on with Dialga and Manaphy on my team and it still swept the remainder of my team. I highly suggest having either a super fast pokemon or a Trick Room user for support
Initially I tried to bait a Shock Wave using Empoleon to switch in Electivire and get a Motor Drive boost, but every time I tried it Alakazam would use Nasty Plot then sweep. Ended up just tanking the hit with Empoleon and going for Torrent-boosted Surf, then relying on another team member to tank a hit and KO back if Empoleon couldn't manage it. Think it was the most terrifying Pokemon in the League outside of Flint's Infernape and some of Cynthia's Pokemon.