• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Berry Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charze

Always flyin'
This will all be updated over the break.

Welcome to, the new game...
Pokemon Berry Farm

128006932216.jpg

Based on a game I played in World History...

This is a game of survival and competition, with a lot of chance. You may enter this game at anytime.

Cue Backstory:

As a small farming Pokemon, you make your living by growing and selling Berries and eating them yourself. But as with every industry, there's always competition, so you need to be the smart farmer. Perhaps you can spend your extras on tools or watering pitchers, or hire workers to increase production exponentially while having to pay expenses? Or maybe you decide to present offerings to the Gods for good harvest or rainfall? At the same time you want to increase your standard of living by buying nice things and upgrading your farmhouse and land. What will happen?
You Decide!

To Enter, Let me know that you would like to join along with a Pokemon and its name, and he or she will be your farmer. As of now you start with a farm house, a lone acre and a berry crop.

You will gain your harvest of berries each "Year" (not really a year, probably a day or two depending on my schedule for the time being). The set number is 10 baskets of berries a year, and you need to eat 5 each year. Of course these numbers can be varied numerous ways, mainly depending on the your purchases and Gods and Nature (Both controlled by me :D )

What you may do in the year:

Visit the shrines- Either or a combination of the Groudon, Kyogre, Shaymin, or the mighty Arceus shrines where you can leave an offering to them consisting of at least 1 basket. This is not required but may help keep land fertile and keep droughts away. Keep in mind, Gods may get angry if they're under-appreciated, but do like giving gifts.

Visit the shop- Here you may purchase various things to help your farm or improve your life in general.
Here is the Current Market:

The Market:

Charze's Shop
Tools:
Watering can(4 baskets)-Increases yearly output by 2 baskets
Hoe(6 baskets)-Increases yearly output by 3 baskets
Farm worker(Pay 5 baskets a year)- Will add 10 baskets (usually) to yearly output as long as employed. (you may choose to terminate at anytime but will still have to pay 2 baskets for the year terminated)

Goods:
Farmer Hat(4 baskets)- Its an awesome farmer hat(5 points)
Rifle(10 baskets)- I don't know why you'd need it, but it looks nice over your fireplace. (15 points)
Log Cabin(30 baskets)- Changes your farm house to a Log Cabin(40 points)
Landorus Shrine(20 baskets)- A shrine honoring Landorus, the God of Good Harvest.(30 points)
Tree House(15 baskets)- Who doesn't want one of these?(20 points)

Barn Stuff:
Barn(50 baskets)- Adds a barn for all your Miltank(can hold 20) (75 points) *Can store cows or have space rented out*
Barn Upgade 1(150 baskets)- Allows your barn to hold 50 Miltanks
Barn Upgrade 2(500 baskets)- Allows your barn to hold 100 Miltanks
Cow/Miltank(15 baskets)- Can provide 20 baskets if in a barn per year. Always needs 10 baskets to eat per year.

More to come...

Sableye's Shop

;302; Hey everyone! Happy Holidays!
Candy Cane- 5 baskets
Menorah- 20 baskets
Christmas Tree- 30 baskets
Charizard Statue- 75 baskets

;006; Nice statue Sabes.

;302; I know, I try.

Loan Sharpedo

;319; Hey Guys! Have I got something for you! You need baskets for your little farms? Well since I’m such a nice guy, I’m gonna let all of you be able to borrow some from me. Just you know sign here and you can pay me back whenever (with intrest) and talk to me if you wanna work out a pay off plan. Just shoot me a message!

State Farm

:502: Hello fine farmer. My Name is Lyle, and I have just the thing for you. You work hard and want to make sure you get what you deserve as a hard-working farmer. So when the elements, Gods and workers get you down, my Insurance Plan is here to help. This plan can help you by replacing a portion of the berries any Gods may have destroyed, repairing your house and barn from weather damage, helping with lost animals, and even things like replacing workers that have gone on strike. All this for only an unbelievable price of 29.99 Baskets a year! Get your plan today!

-------------------------------------------

*Note*: For right now you may only have one of each Good.

The barn is a money making tool. After buying a barn, you can buy cows Miltanks for it, costing 10 baskets each and their milk can be sold for 20 baskets. (Don't worry, it's humane, you can be their friends :D) But since they are Pokemon they still need to eat 5 baskets.

Alternatively, if you want, you could rent space to some of the other farmers. This can be done by posting an ad on the forum or from private messages between each other. I would recommend somewhere around 5 baskets for renting per year, but I'll leave that amount up to the owner. But I need mutual confirmation from both the tenant and owner. (tip, try working out a deal BEFORE buying cows/Miltanks)

Of course, you may always choose to save some baskets in your storehouse if you wish to.
You lose if you are in debt or do not have enough Berries to eat. (That will probably be hard, but just saying.)

You may do all 3 or only one or more. It's your choice.

After making your business decisions (from the Shop), Please post your actions for that week, Along with your farmer name, and how much over all you have leftover. I will give a year conclusion of what everyone harvested for the next year.

Jobs
Jobs are very crucial to the success of this game.

The Reminders- This is the person who sends out reminder messages to everyone. If you look at the very bottom of the first post, it has an easy way to send messages to all who are playing which I put there for mine and now your own convenience. This is a simple job but I will pay you 10 baskets a "Year." I'm may only take one right now. One PMs at the beginning of a new year, one PMs during the year as a second reminder
All Reminder positions are currently full.

The Ambassadors to the Gods- This is a very important position, as it is basically the people that run the game. Your job is to help take off a huge burden of mine which is figuring out harvests. I unfortunately do not have the time to do this for everyone. You will be assigned farmers and be responsible for recording their orders, making sure it is the correct form, figuring out the God Gifts(which I have to approve, which is why you must send them in early), then getting them to me. Some very important things, is that if you can't not recorded that year for whatever reason, you HAVE TO let me know so I can account for that. You will have to send them to me about a day before the year starts. However it is very rewarding as I will give 30 baskets a year and maybe eventually more, if you do your job. I will take as many as I can get, and the more we have, the easier it is to do our jobs.
I'm always taking people in this job.

I would like you to all follow this new form for orders:

Farmer Name- Starting Total
Expenses- X (X=the sum of eating, pay, feed, and any other expenses)
Purchases- (list purchases with berry amounts for each)
Gifts to the Gods- (list the total amount to each)
(Total Remaining # of Baskets) [+(Total Boosts of tools/cows/job)]*

*Your current boost is with your Harvest amount

Example:
Charze-500 baskets
Expenses- 50
Buying 1 Cow, 5 Hoes, and 2 Workers (-50)
Gifting 50 to KS and GS, 100 to AS
Leftover- 200 [+55]

Questions can be asked on the thread, and I'll also take suggestions or ideas on how to improve the game, PM or post. (Please feel free to post or talk strategy or whatever to fill my posts :D )

Even if you plan to only save what you have you must let me know. If I receive no decision, you will not gain nor lose but be idle except for eating 5 baskets, but constant no responses may result in the destruction of your farmer. I will do my best to keep track of everything but I recommend you keep your own stats and do the math yourself in case I make a mistake, and feel free to let me know I did.

Also, if you are looking for a way to further your farming, check out Zaboo's({(•)___(•)}) new game Pokemon Tycoon (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=550421), where you can get a Pokemon, level it up and evolve it to have as your own.

I am cooperating with the game so you can exchange between your berries and cash in order to succeed in both.

Now you can sell your berries for cash in Pokemon Tycoon!

You can sell 5 baskets of Berries for $1. I need all purchases in multiples of 5. Don't complain about it being to small, since you will soon be getting very high harvests and will be able to rack up some serious cash.

Be the Richest Berry Farmer there is!

TOP 3 FARMERS!!!

1. Zaboo the Rotom (820 pts.)

2. Totoro the Snorlax (409 pts.)

3. Jackson the Ditto (287 pts.)

Current Farmers Jobs in Italics [#Cans, #Hoes, #Sickles, #Miltanks, #Workers, Job Amount]

As of: Beginning of Year 15

Mug the Dewott (Mug) [1C, 13H]
Zaboo the Rotom ({(•)___(•)}) [26H, 50M, 10W]
Jackson the Ditto (Kissmygrass96) Calculator [5C, 4H, 3W, JOB +25]
Totoro the Snorlax (Blastoiseboy19) Calculator [6C, 6H, 10M, 1W, JOB +25]
Claus the Delibird (FireTypeLover) [2C, 3H, 1M, 2W]
Axel the Audino (chihaya01) [2C, 3H, 1S, 1W]
Digipoke1 the Combusken (digipoke1) [IC, 3W]
Milo the Shuckle (Rayquaza is green) Reminder [4C, 2H, 3M, 2W, JOB +10]
Paras the Parasect (Hypno12) [2C, 1H, 1W]
Joker the Zoroark (DarkRecon) Reminder [2C, 3H, JOB +10]
David the Emolga (doctorwho2010) [2C, 1W]
Sam the Scizor (~Sam~) [1C, 3H, 4W]
Morpheus the Musharna (Mon1010) [5C, 4H, 1W]
Silver the Blastoise (CyberBlastoise) [1C, 1H, 2W]
Reiji the Murkrow (XatuGamer)
Mr. Tap-dance the Lickitung (ShinyRaikou) [1C, 2H]
Sarah the Shiny Snivy (kyoopa)
Zion the Tepig (ebilly99)
Fifi the Zweilous (hydreigonpwns206)

FireTypeLover;Blastoiseboy19;Kissmygrass96;{(•)___(•)};Mug;chihaya01;Charizard31;digipoke1;Rayquaza is green;Hypno12;DarkRecon;doctorwho2010;~Sam~;CyberBlastoise;Mon1010;ShinyRaikou;kyoopa;ebilly99;hydreigonpwns206

Last edited:

Mug

Sgt. Sunshine
Okay, sounds cool. Do I start with anything-- or am I just a poor, novice farmer working my way up?

Last edited:

ZFXZFX

Name: Flame
Pokemon: Ninetales

Sounds kool ^.^

Charze

Always flyin'
Year 1

Ok, I will begin now.
Again welcome to the first year (still not really a year) of Pokemon Berry Farm.

The Gods are pleased with your entry into the world of Berry Farming, and after a long year of farming, they have gifted you a Plentiful Harvest.
Each of you harvest 20 Baskets of Berries.

Mug-20
Zaboo-20
Striker-20
Jackson-20
Totoro-20
Flame-20

*These numbers are all the same now but will vary in the future based on your economic decisions.

Remember, you must have 5 baskets to eat each year, so really you can only spend and/or save up to 15 this week.
May I recommend buying tools (watering can, hoe) as these will be your main source of increased income.

After making your business decision (Shop found on First Post), Please PM me your actions for that week, Along with your farmer name, and how much over all you spent.
Example:

Charze
Purchasing 1 watering can (WC), 1 hoe (H), 1 Log Cabin, 1 worker (W)
Gifting 1 Basket to Kyogre Shrine (KS) and 1 Basket to Groudon Shrine (GS)
Eat 5
Total: 53

Remaining baskets I will record as "stored," as you can save up and use them later. I recommend you record your own information at home as well, in case there is human error on my part (which you simply need to inform me of the error)

Questions can be asked on the thread, and I'll also take suggestions or ideas on how to improve the game, PM or post.

Thank you and best of luck farming.

Next year will most likely begin Wednesday.

I have 3 questions.
1. Can I hire more than one worker?
2. What's the advantage of having a log cabin?
3. For the "Total," this refers to the number of baskets used up, right?

Charze

Always flyin'
I have 3 questions.
1. Can I hire more than one worker?
2. What's the advantage of having a log cabin?
3. For the "Total," this refers to the number of baskets used up, right?

1. As of now you can hire as many workers as you want, but you will have to pay them each year. 5 workers is 25 Baskets a year. (5 for each)
2. It's mainly a sign of wealth currently. "Wealth" will come into play eventually and be sort of a point system to show who the richest farmer is. (that way you having something to buy with your soon to be abundance of berries)
3. Total, yes, I am referring to amount of baskets spent on the goods you listed in your message.

Loreni333

Taking Over Serebii
Can I try to make a bunch of new minor gods that do fun stuff? XD
I can see lots of possibilities already.

Charze

Always flyin'
Can I try to make a bunch of new minor gods that do fun stuff? XD
I can see lots of possibilities already.

I had been planning on adding something like that, but no ideas yet. I'd love to hear some ideas if you have some though. They probably won't be in the game until I get a good system going, then we can start to add a bunch of stuff.

Armando Payne

May I enter? If so then
Name: Tajiri
Pokemon: Galvantula

Charze

Always flyin'
Year 2

Year 1 is now over.

You come to find this year that you haven't had a great harvest, but the regular at 10 baskets. All of you have boosts so this changes.

Mug- Groudon was pleased with your offering and you find an extra basket in your field. +2 Tool boost.
Overall Harvest- 13. Total Crops-23

Striker- Groudon was pleased with your offering and you find an extra basket in your field. +7 Tool Boost.
Overall Harvest- 18. Total Crops-18

Jackson- The gods were very pleased with your offering and you found that a whole row of plants grew, yielding 5 baskets this year. +3 Tool boost.
Overall Harvest- 18. Total-23

Totoro- The gods were pleased with your offering and you found an extra 2 baskets on your field. +5 tool boost.
Overall Harvest- 17. Total-20

Flame-The gods were pleased with your offering and you found an extra 2 baskets on your field. +3 tool boost. +10 worker boost.
Overall Harvest- 25 Total-27

Zaboo- The gods were very pleased with your offering and you found that a whole row of plants grew, yielding 5 baskets this year. +20 worker boost.
Overall Harvest- 35. Total- 36

Overall Harvest is the amount total you got from this harvest. Total is harvest plus any remainder.

The amount you get from the gods varies, so keep that in mind.
Also remember, farmers with workers must pay 5 baskets each year for each worker. Workers are typically reliable, but may sometimes produce less or go on strike, another luck element to the game. It's most likely neither of these will happen too soon.

Tajiri the Galvantula is new this year, so because of that, we'll give her a +5 boost. Tajiri, you currently have 15 this year to do with as you wish. Remeber you must eat 5 but the rest is up to you how you will spend it.

I will be updating Saturday Morning, which gives you over two days to get those into me. When sending in your purchase PM, remember your farmer name must be on it.

NEWS:

The abbreviation for Watering Can is now (C) not (WC) This is to prevent mix up with worker (W)

Extra Acre at the shop is currently unavailable while the game is starting up.

Shop or additional God ideas would be great. (really any kind of idea will help, I'm open to suggestions.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.