• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Best in Type!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uii

Breeder and Trader
I was very curious and was contemplating in making a set of type-focused teams using the least common types, ghost, dark, ice, and steel. So I wonder, what are everyone's favorites/most reliable pokemon per type? It could be rated in terms of usefulness, cuteness, popularity, etc. But I'm just curious.

To begin, here is my list I thought of.

Ghost-
Spiritomb-Beautiful tank, 108 spirits are awesome
Froslass- Yuki-onna inspiration makes it lovely.
Mismagius- Loved Misdreavus, Love the hat and cry.
Gengar- Doppleganger and sweeper extraordinaire!
Dusknoir- French, Cycloptic, and Huge
Rotom- its cute, no?

Dark-
Weavile- Fast and annoying
Spiritomb- same as before
Drapion- tough looking and purple
Houndoom- Reminds me of play Julius Caesar, plus FIREBALLS.
Honchkrow- Mobster boss ftw.
Umbreon- Defensive, Cute.

Steel-
Steelix-Its fun when it EQs and explodes
Bronzong- Metal Bell!
Empoleon- Love the typing
Forretress- Reminds me of an Oyster Walnut
Skarmory- Ultra Mecha Robot potential/ physical tank
Heatran- Melty

Ice-
Mamoswine- Great power.
Froslass- Same as above
Lapras- Rare and mysterious
Walrein- Walrus adn the Carpenter~
Glaceon- Cute! Snowcloak is fun.
Weavile- Same as above

Last edited:

Uii

Breeder and Trader
If you want to say something, say it. I posted here because it is a general pokemon discussion, and pokepolls imply polls don't they? I ask what's a favorite, and why. Conversation, if you may.

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
They imply polls when you add a poll.But if i am ever wrong(which i admit that im usually am)
Favorite Ghost: Sableye
Favorite Dark: Shiftry
Favorite Ice: Abomasnow

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Fav Ghost: Giratina, He's just great.
Fav Dark: Houndoom, Amazingly Cool With a Good Moveset
Fav Steel: Jirachi, He's cute, strong, and he has a good moveset and ability
Fav Ice: Articuno, Very beautiful, with good stats and Move-Pool Especially the Sheer Mind

Last edited:

Uii

Breeder and Trader
I didn't add a poll because its not something to be polled on and still get the results I seek. Abomasnow keeps sounding like Obamasnow to me.. But I had her on my team for some time. Hail is fun with Snow Cloak.

Favorite steel is Skarmory, use it on all of my teams.
Look up at my name to find my fav two dark types...

Empoleon Bonaparte

Poképolls don't require polls as in little colored bars. So, this should go in Poképolls.

Ghost: Rotom Wash Forme
Dark: Absol
Steel: Scizor
Ice: Walrein

kabzy

Grass Trainer
My favourite type would have to be grass, and the 4 favourites are Celebi, Vileplume, Breloom and Tangrowth.
Celebi makes an awesome lead, much better than Roserade imo, as it has great base stats.
Vileplume with HG/SS move teeter dance can make a great bulky annoyer paired with stun spore and leech seed.
Brelooms sub punch set works very well, and can often guarantee more spores.
And Tangrowth, even though its moves arent great, its defense really surprised me, and knock off helps annoy lotsa pokemon.

PS this is general discussion, its not a poll, read his post carefully first.

Profesco

gone gently
If you want to say something, say it. I posted here because it is a general pokemon discussion, and pokepolls imply polls don't they? I ask what's a favorite, and why. Conversation, if you may.

I'll say it: "What is your favorite ______?" is a closed question, better known as a poll.

On top of that, we have, in the Poke Polls section, a stickied thread asking this very question. It is part of an entire set of stickied polls concerning every aspect of Pokemon.

Better luck next time, Uii.

Status
Not open for further replies.