• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Binding of Souls (and an apology)

StoneSpoon

<Insert thingy here>
It has been edited. Hope it's better.

Morgie04086

temperamental artist
Hey, I realize that this roleplay has finally started but I don't think I'll be able to participate. I'm way too busy at the moment. Sorry for any inconvenience; I'm rather disappointed myself.

Foo Fighter

Nostalgia is my pal
I know that the RpG has already begun, but considering that morgie just dropped out would you find it in your heart to let me take her place? This is one of those things Id kick myself for missing out on.

Trainer:

Name:
Connor Amnes

Description:

Connor is an averagely sized boy, standing at 5’9. He is a little bulkier than most people, but this is mainly muscle. His skin is usually quite tan from working the Great Marsh. His face is rugged and warm. His darkish brown hair curls down just below his eyebrows and covers his ears as well. His eyes are a strikingly vibrant shade of green. He tends to smile a lot, sometimes without even noticing. His mouth is quite large, but this fits his personality nicely. He wears a darkish green jacket that is almost too big for him. He wears it unzipped with a white T-shirt underneath. He wears loose black jeans that partially cover up his black and white tennis shoes. His belt is a brown leather one with some etched in marking around It.(They don't mean anything really, there just there to look cool) Most people consider Connor to be “In Shape”. He tends to carry himself lightly, often slouching down lazily. He usually keeps his weapon on a whip holster attached to his side.

Personality:
Connor is a lighthearted person. He finds it tough to take things seriously in life. Connor likes to crack jokes at inappropriate times and enjoys seeing others laugh. His behavior sometimes goes too far and he finds himself often offending someone who he was just trying to tell a joke to. Due to this Connor often has a testing period when he meets people. He’ll introduce a little more of himself slowly until he feels totally comfortable with somebody. Connor can be proud, but he never tries to take himself too seriously, but this sometimes can leave him pondering his decisions in life. In competitions, Connor is way competitive. He enjoys the feeling of winning and usually takes things a bit too far. When this happens Connor simply shakes it off as a joke and then buries the embarrassment inside him. When Connor feels lonely he finds reconcile in his Pokémon. They are what keep him so jovial.

History: Connor was born in a fairly large settlement on the island. The settlement had an interesting facility that allowed visitors to come and view a varied amount of Pokémon living in their natural habitat. The facility was fascinating to Connor. The attraction housed an astonishing number of Pokémon that would usually not have been found so close together. The creator of this habitat decided to let Connor help around at an early age, he mainly ran errands for the man. He considered the facility his home away from home and took comfort in combing the boggy grassland for new Pokémon. When he was around ten he was allowed to start working directly in the marshy area under some supervision. Up until then he had just been an errand boy and never got to do any real field work. Connor spotted his first Carnivine on the very first day on the job. Carnivine were quite rare in the area and the owner was very impressed. Connor then decided that he would dedicate himself to meeting and befriending the same Carnivine. Connor came back and visited the Carnivine every day bringing with him hand picked berries. Eventually the Pokémon was willingly to go with him out of them marsh. The two have been inseparable since. He only recently received the strange dream where he met a vast array of characters and a powerful Pokémon pleading for his help.

Weapon: Connor’s weapon is a long brown whip passed down from his father to him. The handle was forged into a more electronic piece that was developed from pokeball technology. The new handle offers better grip and control of the whip.
Other:

Pokémon:

Species: Carnivine

Nickname:

Personality: Carnivine is a shy Pokémon. It is very wary around new people and likes to stay close to Connor. When frightened Carnivine likes to wrap himself around Connors waist and wait. Recently Connor has been developing Carnivine into a more battle ready Pokémon and he has proven to be quite fierce in tough moments.

Other:

Attacks: Crunch Bites the foe with vicious fangs
Vine whip strikes the foe with slender whip like vines
Bullet seed shoots out a plethora of glowing seeds
Wring out (I imagine this as Carnivine wrapping its vines around the foe and squeezing really hard,)

Binding Form: Connor’s legs transform into a tangled mess of vines and he is granted the ability to levitate a little off the ground. His skin turns greenish along with his hair. His mouth becomes exceedingly large and his teeth become razor sharp fangs. While in this form his speed increases and is main method of attacking is leeching onto an enemy with his fangs and wrapping them up in Vines.

Last edited:

Benandcheese

Mastermind
Alrighty, both of you guys are fine. I'm going to let you in, seeing as how people are leaving and the RP is getting off of the ground.

Just a note: There is a difference between the meeting place for the trainers and the Rocket headquarters. The meeting place is where the Rockets first landed, whereas the headquarters is extremely far inland over a large mountain pass. Also, I am considering creating a Rocket character, but I may not. I think it would be cool if there could be a big fight with a Rocket leader in the meeting place. So, someone make one or I will.

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
I have the potential for one... Picasso's original partner. Do I use the same sign-up? Also, I stated that she was a low-ranked officer. Is that fine?

stephenrayswann

boredom....its wierd
Trainer:

Name: Sora Mararu
Description: Sora is about 5 foot 6 and weighs 125 pounds. He has medium long black hair and wears glasses to cover his Hazel green eyes. He has a tattoo of a dragon on his back and loves to wear red and black clothing.
Personality: Sora hates to be around others. He only opens up to certain people. He love to fight people and train his pokemon. He tries to stay secluded from people because if he opens up to anyone, he fears that he will be betrayed by them.
History: When Sora was 5, he got his first pokemon. It was a Mudkip. One day, he went walking with his Mudkip and got caught in a storm. They both fell into a lake and his mudkip was lost. Sora was saved by his older brother who just happened to be walking by. He never found his Mudkip.
When Sora was 11, he started his journey. He wanted to go around the Kanto region to meet new people and train himself so he can train a pokemon. It turned out good and Sora traveled back to his brothers house in Sinnoh.
Weapon: Katana, The hilt is black and red and the blade is a shiny silver.
Other: Sora loves the fire type.

Pokemon:

Species: Luxray
Nickname: Lux
Personality: Lux has a calm personality. It resembles Sora's personality, he tries to keep away from other pokemon and is devoted to Sora.
Other: A normal luxray has a shuriken type object on there tail. Lux doesn't, instead he has an orb on the end of it. Lux also has a star shaped scar on his forehead from when he was a Shinx.
Attacks:
Shockwave:A fast and unavoidable electric attack.
Thunderfang:Has a chance of paralyzing and flinching the foe
Crunch: Crunches with sharp fangs. May lower DEF.
Chargebeam:High chance of raising user's SP.ATT one stage

Binding Form: When Sora binds with Lux, he grows black and blue fur. His ears turn into lux's ears and he has a star shaped scar on his left cheek. (Face) On the back of his hands appear to yellow orbs that hold his electricty. His sword turns black and gold and it focuses his electricty into it to strengthen his attacks.

StoneSpoon

<Insert thingy here>
Stephan... did you even read any of the requirements Benand listed? That isn't even close to being the minimum of the things Benand asked for.

Last edited:

stephenrayswann

boredom....its wierd
ok, I am sorry. No need to be mean. I haven't been on the forums for weeks and i just get back on. I will fix it or you can delete it.

StoneSpoon

<Insert thingy here>
I'm not a co-owner of this. I'm just saying that there wasn't a possibility for you to be accepted with such little information.

Yaya

Level 78 Pidgey
Yaya's Rocket Signup

Name: Roy Izagi

Description: Roy seems to carry an aura of power and hatred wherever he goes, he always seems to carry a look of pure disgust on his face, whether he be staring down an opponent, or laughing at that opponent's demise. Roy's hair is dark brown, straight in the front, and spiked at the back, about halfway down his neck. Roy has blue eyes, slightly tanned skin, and wears a black shirt with a rocket symbol the size of a Pokeball on the left side above his chest, he also wears black sweatpants.

Personality: Roy could be considered insane, ever since he was 9, he could not control his actions, he could only do what his body told him to, not his brain, the incident at age 9, it gave him a clear picture of one thing.

Death.

That's all Roy can do, kill, he kills for a living, he kills for his life.

And partnered with his he's damn good at it too.

History: Roy was not born into the Rocket Legion, he was a member of a remote village in Kaelrin, when told the story of Giovanni, Roy did not feel hatred, he felt envy.

"Roy, are you okay? Roy, that man is awful, he enslaved us all! W-what are you doing, Roy? Roy!"

His mother, 18 years ago, her final moments, before using a tool, a skinning knife, to end her life, he felt her blood sliding down his arm, he laughed, he laughed as hard as he could, took his finger, slid it against the blood, and licked it.

After, a new Roy, a mentally disturbed Roy, walked to the nearest Rocket Grunt, and asked to know Giovanni's location.

"Hah, punk, you think you can kill the great Giovanni? Get back to work you scum."

"No, I wish to join him."

A stunned Rocket Grunt walked him a long distance, when he met Giovanni, the head of the Rocket Legion, he pledged alliegence to the Rocket Legion, and received a weapon and a Pokemon from Giovanni, a hooked dagger and an Absol, he released the Absol, gripped the dagger tight in his right hand and whispered two words.

"Soul Binding,".

Weapon: Hooker Dagger, a blade made of steel, the hilt made of iron, and a handle made of
Dragonite Skin, Roy uses a deception type of fighting style.

Other: Roy is a Rocket Assassin, he has become infamous around Kaelrin villages, earning the Nickname, "The Traitor."

Pokemon:

Species: Absol

Nickname: Higeki

Personality: Higeki is Roy's brain, or at least it acts like it, Higeki is a strategist, leading Roy to a perfect place to go for any assassinations, it almost seems that Higeki is Roy's master, and Roy is the Pokemon.

Other: Higeki has etchings on his horn, in order to specify how many people Higeki and Roy had assassinated.

Attacks:

Taunt: Taunts the foe into only using attack moves.

Shadow Ball: Hurls a black blob that may lower the foe's SP. DEF.

Swords Dance: A fighting dance that sharply raises ATTACK.

Hidden Power(Psychic): The effectiveness varies with the user.

Binding Form: When Roy binds with Higeki, he grows fur like Higeki and grows a horn from his forehead, he can use his dagger or the horn on his head to attack.

Last edited:

Benandcheese

Mastermind
Ysavvryl: Yea, use the same sign-up and being low-ranked is fine.

StoneSpoon: I am glad that you told stephenrayswann that he needs to read the guidelines, but in the future just leave it to me.

Stephenrayswann: As Stonespoon said, your sign-up does not meet the guidelines from the first post. Also, sign-ups are closed (save for the opportunity I gave to holy lucario, since he asked me personally before the sign-ups close).

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to look at your SU Yaya. I'll take a look at it in a little bit.

Last edited:

stephenrayswann

boredom....its wierd
ok, i didn't meet requirements, so, what are the requirements again? I didn't see anything at the first page stateing, FIRST PAGE...any ways, if the sign ups are closed, then why are other people sigining up?

Ysavvryl

Pokedex Researcher
The requirements are on the first page of this sign-up thread, within the form itself. And two of us are signing-up enemies.

Name: Diana Laurent

Description: Diana has bronze-brown hair that rests in a wave and gets curlier as the humidity rises. She has dark green eyes, but is farsighted; she wears oval brown glasses. Tall and trim, she is a graceful looking person. While much of the time she is expected to wear the traditional black uniform, when off-duty, she likes red tops and black pants or skirts. Her fingernails are always neatly manicured and polished. Any jewelry she wears is simple, usually in gold.

Personality: She’s bitter about everything. Very little meets her standards and what doesn’t makes her angry. When dealing with higher-ups, she is obedient and gracious. If you have the misfortune of working under her, though, she is strict, harsh, and intolerant. And that’s when dealing with fellow Rockets. When dealing with Kaelrins or her Ditto, she can be brutal and cruel.
On her own, she has some artistic skills and occasionally doodles on scrap paper. However, she’s sensitive about this and won’t admit to enjoying it.

History: Diana’s paternal grandfather was reportedly a Kaelrin, but it cannot be proven or disproven. This may not seem like much, but it has been a big deal. Her parents never rose to commanding levels (nor did any of her grandparents, for that matter) and the suspected ‘tainting’ is a point against her when it comes to promotions and pay raises.

That didn’t stop her from trying to climb the corporate ladder. After completing standard education, she entered an officer’s school. The teachers there were very strict and repeated the lessons she’d been taught her whole life: the Kaelrins are weak, science trumps all, reason trumps all, Giovanni is the greatest man to ever walk the Earth, and so on.

The emphasis on technology, science, and reason worked against her natural talent at art, so she has repressed any whims of art that tried to tempt her. Unconsciously, this is a great source of her bitterness and she’s jealous of anyone who is good at art. But her artist side was almost allowed to come out ten years ago.

Diana had just been given her first position of authority; it was only organizing daily patrols in a certain area, but it was still a source of pride. She was allowed to choose a Binding Pokemon from a small group and picked the Smeargle with a dagger that drew power symbols. But he rebelled against her, going so far as the cut off his own ear. She lost control over him at that point and was immediately demoted to grunt level.

Ten years later, she has a completely passive Binding Pokemon and has regained a minor officer’s title. It’s still not enough, though. She wants greater power and authority within Team Rocket and will do what it takes to get that.

Weapon: A dagger with a nine-inch blade, which will automatically return to its user when thrown. It has a gray blade and a handle with a Pokeball symbol.

Pokemon:

Species: Ditto
Nickname: (none)
Personality: Ditto is a nervous wreck. It tries to be careful, but then gets yelled at for being slow. Then it tries to work quickly and gets yelled at for being reckless. As such, it is uncertain of doing anything except as ordered. And it will be perfectly obedient, doing exactly what Diana tells it to do. If not ordered to do anything, it will shrink up and try to keep out of her notice.
Other:
Attacks: Transform: Alters the user's cells to become a copy of the foe.

Binding Form: Diana’s body becomes a little unstable. The color, texture, and length of her hair shifts to whoever she happens to be looking at. The dagger has the exact same power as the original (fires elemental orbs). However, it activates differently. This dagger must be pointed at something of the element desired (tree for Grass, sky for Fly, Pokemon for that Pokemon’s type, etc.) to get anything but the Normal element.

Benandcheese

Mastermind
Ysavvryl & Yaya: Both of your sign-ups are decent. But I have a problem with both of your Rocket characters. That problem being the personality. My problem is that they are slightly boring characters. All I get from the signups is that both are angry, cliché evil characters. Just add some depth to their personalities.

Everyone: I'm gonna edit the first post of the SU thread to accommodate Rocket characters. You may wanna take a look at it.

Benandcheese

Mastermind
Yaya: The personality hasn't really been helped much. Yes, the Rocket Legion is evil. However, that does not mean that they should be only that. I really want these characters to be multi-faceted and Roy is not. Please add depth to him.

Everyone: I'm sorry, I have been gone on vacation and didn't get a chance to tell you. Also, do NOT post discussion type comments in the roleplay thread. If you'd like to say something directly to another RPer, PM them. Your posts on the RP thread should involve at least some RPing. In other words, there should be no posts ONLY containing OoC statements.

Benandcheese

Mastermind
Seth: In regards to your PM. I believe I made a statement about your revisions on page 3. You should take a look at that unless you have edited it since then (of which you have not informed me).