• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon biology

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I prefer thinking Quagsire is always happy like the derp it is

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
ONE9NFg.png

For many long-time Pokemon fans who've seen almost all the mediums, Adventures take on Lance is often regarded as one of the few almost invincible Pokemon trainers out there and it's partly because of his unorthodox tactics that will take anyone by surprise. It's not his strongest but one of his unorthodox tactics is definitely something for any experienced Pokemon trainer to fear and that's Lance using Dragonair's power to manipulate the weather to creating storms to even becoming invisible to the naked eye by combining it's power with his other Pokemon's moves. Adventures Lance is truly the creative Dragon Master here and not only is this power seen in Pokemon Adventures but it's actually canon in the games as well through Dragonair's Pokedex entry which states that it does indeed have the ability to manipulate weather however this entry is almost specific to Dragonair and even in the Pokemon Adventures manga, Lance's Dragonite is never shown manipulating the weather like Dragonair meaning when Dragonair evolves into Dragonite, does it lose the power to manipulate weather? Also where does it come from, the jewels around it's neck? After all Dragonair also loses those jewels as well when it evolves.

derekrandall

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Many mammals in real life have been shown to be very intelligent. This would also apply to their Pokemon counterparts. Specimen under the ownership of a human could even be taught to do many tasks.

If there were a dolphin Pokemon it would probably be the most intelligent Pokemon in existence.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Intelligent enough to be able to use five moves?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Many mammals in real life have been shown to be very intelligent. This would also apply to their Pokemon counterparts. Specimen under the ownership of a human could even be taught to do many tasks.

Pokémon in general are not only intelligent but sentient, and easily able to be taught tasks. It has nothing to do if they happen to be based on real-world mammals or not.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What if the reason Unown can only learn one move is that it is actually the most idiotic Pokemon?

shoz999

What if the reason Unown can only learn one move is that it is actually the most idiotic Pokemon?
I don't know about that, I think it's limitations says a lot that it's made with a specific purpose by Arceus. On the other hand, it's not really a robot. It is sentient life that can think and feel emotions.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

That's not how it works in the slightest.

shoz999

Surprisingly a lot of people don't know this but the Unown can actually express feelings. It's been seen in previous 3D Battle simulators and the Pokemon Adventures Diamond & Pearl manga but if you really want to see it for yourself right now, you can check an Unown on Pokemon amie or refresh from Gen 6 and 7. Unown are surprisingly adorable.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That's not how it works in the slightest.
It was a joke! I was trying to be funny, it was that or rant again on how I hate Unown

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Many mammalian Pokemon can be petted, like their real life counterparts. In some species however it is not wise to pet a wild individual, but those under the ownership of a human are generally safe.

shoz999

c8jbvoe.jpg

hEbEW06.jpg

So? What do you think of Dusclop's terrifying Pokedex entry lol? The Adventures manga shows Dusclops creating a black hole, not once but twice and it doesn't function like a blackhole that tears apart matter but more like science fiction, a shadowy portal to the unknown and pulls anything or anyone caught in it's pull. The pull is so strong that you won't be standing but your body will be sucked towards it unless you hold onto something.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
A lot of fiction misrepresents black holes. On the subject of Dusclops, it says that there is nothing but a void in its body. I believe that real Pokemon is actually the eye, or more accurately the creature's soul. The body is just an animated husk to better interact with the world. This applies to all forms. There's no internal anatomy in the Duskull line, it's just a red soul and a costume that etherial power animates. The "weight" is the force of ectoplasm "inflating" the shell

shoz999

A lot of fiction misrepresents black holes. On the subject of Dusclops, it says that there is nothing but a void in its body. I believe that real Pokemon is actually the eye, or more accurately the creature's soul. The body is just an animated husk to better interact with the world. This applies to all forms. There's no internal anatomy in the Duskull line, it's just a red soul and a costume that etherial power animates. The "weight" is the force of ectoplasm "inflating" the shell
I know that. That's why I said I think it's more plausible for Dusclop's blackhole to follow that of sci-fi's common designs of a blackhole than an actual literal blackhole.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The same would apply to the "black hole" Gardevoir is able to create. Its not some world-ending thing like a real black hole of appreciable size would be, but just the standard RPG style fantasy black sphere that can be used as a weapon to suck things in and/or hurt them.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Palkia, however, could probably create a world-destroying black hole. Like crunching the Earth down to the size of a penny

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Palkia is usually depicted as trying to fix anomalies in space, not create them. He probably could create a black hole (or an object so dense it collapses into a black hole), but I doubt he would.

Also it would crunch the Earth down to something so small it doesn't even seem to exist in 3-dimensional space and our current understanding of mathematics breaks down trying to measure it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Giratina could also create a black hole since it is essentially anti-matter.
Well yeah, anti-matter has the same properties of matter except for reversed charge and turning into energy when it encounters matter, so Giratina could just make so much anti-matter in one spot that it passes the Schwarzschild Radius and becomes a black hole. Speaking of Giratina, I assume that it can transform into regular matter, it would have to so it doesn't just explode interacting with the air