• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon biology

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Pokemon based on animals kept as pets, especially mammals kept as pets, have breeding programs in captivity. There are many reasons for this. One is to create desired specimen for showing off in public shows.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I see Jirachi living in a bazare dream world a bit (because its usually asleep....like, asleep for 1000 years till it wakes up for 7 days only).

Which makes me almost think of discord from my little pony, in a way.
I still don't get why Jirachi spends a millennium asleep, only to wake up for 7 days and go back to sleep. I'm also wondering how Komala is, well, aware of anything at all. It should be part Psychic type out of necessity

TwilightBlade

Regarding the biology of fossil Pokemon, are they all part Rock-type because they were once actual rocks/fossils or were they always part Rock-type even before they became extinct?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Regarding the biology of fossil Pokemon, are they all part Rock-type because they were once actual rocks/fossils or were they always part Rock-type even before they became extinct?
I see two explanations
  • The Rock type is a result of imperfect recreation and filling in gaps in DNA
  • Only Rock type Pokemon have hardy enough genetics that modern technology can resurrect them

NeedsAName

My two cents on the fossil fiasco

Due to the leak of Dracozolt (Electric/Dragon), Arctozolt (Electric/Ice), Dracovish (Water/Dragon), and Arctovish (Water/Ice), we now know that not all fossil pokes are Rock-type. I think that the previous fossils (as well as Relicanth) were all Rock-type because rock-types are just naturally hardier and survive easier. This also makes sense since the Galar fossils are all broken and brittle.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think the reason why Machamp has four arms is because they've become so muscular they need new limbs to contain it. Machoke wears that belt to contain its muscles and regulate its strength. Perhaps on evolution it becomes too much even for the belt and must manifest two new arms through evolution

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I still don't get why Jirachi spends a millennium asleep, only to wake up for 7 days and go back to sleep. I'm also wondering how Komala is, well, aware of anything at all. It should be part Psychic type out of necessity
Not sure if it has any application to the games, but based on the movie and how Jirachi's period of being awake coincides with the period a certain meteor nears Earth every thousand years, that perhaps the meteor emits some kind of radiation or other energy that Jirachi requires to be in its awakened state.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Not sure if it has any application to the games, but based on the movie and how Jirachi's period of being awake coincides with the period a certain meteor nears Earth every thousand years, that perhaps the meteor emits some kind of radiation or other energy that Jirachi requires to be in its awakened state.
I think the movies would. The movies are usually promotions for mythical or next gen Pokemon. I got the impression that Jirachi originates from the certain meteor(among its basis is a falling star)