• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Cryogonal has been arguably the best spinner in RU for quite a while now, although Kabutops is surprisingly good. Hitmonchan is nice and all, but it often doesn't do much besides spin and occasionally hit something with a decent powered Mach Punch. It also does next to nothing to spin blockers. Hitmonlee is good too, but it just doesn't have much staying power, and it also has trouble with spin blockers. Sandslash is almost as bad as Claydol was, although the extra power is kinda nice.
Wait, wut? When did you get Mod Status, JF? Congratulations, I guess.

Anyway, I used a mixture of Eviolite Wartortle and Hitmonlee when I played RU. I'm surprised to hear that Cyrogonal is good, I remember using it in NU and it sucked.

As for the future of Sand, Stoutland getting Superpower is arguably better than Sandslash. That team on Smogon (waht was it called, Euthaniasia?) showed that Stoutland can be used effectively in OU and with the inclusion of Superpower, this is even more so. I predict the rise in LO sets though, Superpower's not something you want to get locked on to and even Return from Stoutland at -1 will cause problems for weakened pokemon (hazards, anyone?). Sand Rush Sandslash does sound fun and worth a try, but I'm not expecting much, for the reasons people have already mentioned.

However, aren't Garchomp and Excadrill going to get an OU retest? If either stayed down that would give something extra to Sand. Woo, go sand!

Phoopes

There it is.
However, aren't Garchomp and Excadrill going to get an OU retest? If either stayed down that would give something extra to Sand. Woo, go sand!

Yeah, when OU and DW OU eventually merge, all the stuff is gonna get a retest. Excadrill, Garchomp, Blaziken, Deoxys-S, Thundurus, and others. Also, Darkrai was mentioned, but I don't know if that will get another OU test or not.

Has anyone noticed Eelektross' move tutor moves? It most notably gets Aqua Tail, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Signal Beam, and Superpower, which is a great improvement to its movepool. Now it can get past its two main counters, Lanturn and Rotom-H, with Giga Drain and Aqua Tail, respectively. OU anyone? GameFreak must like Eelektross.

Klaus™

Banned
yeah, and if you noted tynamo's one tutor move, youd see it was magnet rise :/ what if rotom-fan got magnet rise!!!

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Has anyone noticed Eelektross' move tutor moves? It most notably gets Aqua Tail, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Signal Beam, and Superpower, which is a great improvement to its movepool. Now it can get past its two main counters, Lanturn and Rotom-H, with Giga Drain and Aqua Tail, respectively. OU anyone? GameFreak must like Eelektross.

Not to mention it can run a use of Super Fang

Metapod with Electroweb will wreck metagame=p

I dunno if it's been mentioned, and it's super minor, but Hydreigon won't be having to choose between Dark Pulse and Earth Power anymore, along with being able to use Heat Wave for doubles and Superpower.

Wait, wut? When did you get Mod Status, JF? Congratulations, I guess.

Anyway, I used a mixture of Eviolite Wartortle and Hitmonlee when I played RU. I'm surprised to hear that Cyrogonal is good, I remember using it in NU and it sucked.

Lol, thanks!

But yeah, Cryogonal is really good. In fact, I'm not quite sure why it isn't used more. For one thing, it has Recover, making it the only spinner in the game with recovery bar Starmie. It also has incredible special bulk (slightly higher than Skarm's physical bulk), letting it laugh at neutral attacks and even some super-effective ones. This gives it plenty of opportunities to switch in and spin. Its access to Recover and STAB Ice Beam allow it to beat most spin blockers, bar offensive Spiritomb and Dusknoir. It's also fairly versatile, even able to operate offensively. Base 105 speed is beaten only by Starmie as far as spinners go, and a base 95 SpA makes it a decent offensive force. Its ability, Levitate, is also extremely useful. Its immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes makes it a nightmare for many spikestacking teams. It just honestly lasts a long time, beats most spinblockers, and does a lot besides spinning.

complete legitimacy

pack that fudge
Agreeing with the above. Cryogonal and Kabutops are the only two spinners that I would ever consider using in RU (Hitmonchan is the next best option but it's still not that great of a spinner). The rest suck.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Lol, thanks!

But yeah, Cryogonal is really good. In fact, I'm not quite sure why it isn't used more. For one thing, it has Recover, making it the only spinner in the game with recovery bar Starmie. It also has incredible special bulk (slightly higher than Skarm's physical bulk), letting it laugh at neutral attacks and even some super-effective ones. This gives it plenty of opportunities to switch in and spin. Its access to Recover and STAB Ice Beam allow it to beat most spin blockers, bar offensive Spiritomb and Dusknoir. It's also fairly versatile, even able to operate offensively. Base 105 speed is beaten only by Starmie as far as spinners go, and a base 95 SpA makes it a decent offensive force. Its ability, Levitate, is also extremely useful. Its immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes makes it a nightmare for many spikestacking teams. It just honestly lasts a long time, beats most spinblockers, and does a lot besides spinning.

It's just that x2 weakness to Stealth Rock is a major turn-off.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yeah, when OU and DW OU eventually merge, all the stuff is gonna get a retest. Excadrill, Garchomp, Blaziken, Deoxys-S, Thundurus, and others. Also, Darkrai was mentioned, but I don't know if that will get another OU test or not.
Nope.

10char

Eaglehawk

Banned
Here's what I think needs to come down from Ubers: Excadrill, Thundurus, and Garchomp. Rain's so friggin' broken right now to the point where Exca and Chomp won't flop the metagame, but rather be healthy for it for once. Weather wars are infinitely harder now with Rain dominating and a shitload of new rain sweepers that are capable of taking out Weather leads (keldy and Haxo say hi). Garchomp has more competition with Haxo now, and is beaten by all the new threats running around. Thundurus-I is completely outclassed by Thundurus-T, as it hard counters it (HP-Ice does about 60% from Thundurus), and heavily hits it back. Gastro still exists and Thick Fat Mammaries is also back.

They still don't have solid counters, so I don't know.

As for preliminary prediction (without dem retests), Thundurus-T is definitely going up. It simply is too easy for it to switch in and set-up, and bar the rare few that truely counter it, it can OHKO - 2HKO the entire metagame with either Specs or a Nasty Plot. As for Haxorus, I really don't know its fate. As proven by someone on Smogon, SD LO Haxo with SD/Outrage/Aqua Tail/Low Kick OHKOs the entire meta after a Boost, but it's still slow, so things can still Revenge kill it. I'm just afraid for DD Haxo. With the same moveset, he can still wreak a lot of damage. Tornadus and Keldy are going to stay because the former's lack of strong power and inability to break pass some checks and the latter's crippling movepool (which is checked rather easily in some regards). I feel that my judgments on the latter two are directly correlated to the existence of Thundurus-T and Rain Haxo, who both check and shadow both of them.

Jackalacking

Greed the Avaricious
The ubers environment is going to be completely different now with the introduction of the two new kyruem forms. Seriously I was running a baton pass set with kyruem B and it's bolt beam coverage (fusion bolt and ice beam) not to mention outrage and then stone edge just for coverage was cleaning up just about any team that didn't have a sash Pokemon with a super effective move to strike kyruem back with. All the OU Pokemon that were stuck into ubers this gen with the exception of blaziken need a retest. Blaziken doesn't even need a retest. Stick that thing with a ninetales and you can sweep no problem with it once suitable threats are taken out. Excadrill and chomp should be brought back to OU. The ridiculous amount of rain teams needs some Pokemon that make them that little bit easier to tackle and provide a bit more competition in competitive gameplay. I think something like every 7 in 10 battles I play I see some form of rain team and then a random sandstorm and sun team slapped in the mix. Sandstorm and sun are practically absent the higher you get up in the ladder which tells you how dominating rain has become this gen.