• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2

Duke11

hey I'm new here and was just thinking, what if were looking at the first triple type pokemon? How cool would it be to have a Dragon/Fire/Ice type and a Dragon/Electric/Ice type....it would kinda make sense based on the appearance of the two forms and the fact that Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom all used to be one pokemon.....

M4zz

Banned
For the new Kyurem forms, their effectivity in OU really depends on how it's typing will be affected, if it gets an ability change, what moves become available to it, and (if tutors are instated) how those move tutors will affect Kyurem's usability. It's too soon to speculate, as none of these aspects are currently known. I suspect however, that Kyurem will become OU because of these forms, allowing it to be used outside of hail if its typing does change.

Tutor-wise, we could see some Pokemon jump tiers, as we normally do. If Haxorus gets Fire Punch, it may get the boot up to Ubers just because of how easily it'd be able to bust up the metagame.

Utopian

faults & feats
hey I'm new here and was just thinking, what if were looking at the first triple type pokemon? How cool would it be to have a Dragon/Fire/Ice type and a Dragon/Electric/Ice type....it would kinda make sense based on the appearance of the two forms and the fact that Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom all used to be one pokemon.....

bitxh I just said that *****

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
I think the new forms will be alright and might find themselves a niche depending on their typing and stat distribution. As far as the idea of move tutors goes it will be explosive. A lot of old threats gaining back the ability to use their great coverage moves and combine them with their new and often better abilities. Consider Dragonite getting superpower back, a mixed set with multiscale would absolutely wreck everything.

Zachmac

Yeah, I gotta admit, the likely typings would be pretty cruddy. Hopefully new items, their abilities, and high possibility of move tutors in the games would at least help Kyurem get a little higher in battle.
Actually, the likely typings are great.

Zekrom is a Dragon type. Reshiram is a Dragon type. Kyurem is a Dragon type. Why the heck would a mix of two of them not be Dragon type?

Anyway, either it's going to keep it's halfway decent offensive typing, or it's going to get Dragon/Fire or Dragon/Electric typing.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Actually, the likely typings are great.

Zekrom is a Dragon type. Reshiram is a Dragon type. Kyurem is a Dragon type. Why the heck would a mix of two of them not be Dragon type?

Anyway, either it's going to keep it's halfway decent offensive typing, or it's going to get Dragon/Fire or Dragon/Electric typing.

Now that I've looked it up, Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric would each have 4 weaknesses, but it still wouldn't be a really great typing. Also, it's kind of hard to predict the typings anyway, so we'll just have to wait for the news.

DanteKoriyu

The latter makes zero sense, the forms new signature moves would lose their STAB.

Everyone seems certain that B/W Kyurem is going to have a type change. The Dragon typing seems fairly important overall since all three dragons were originally one and share said type, and Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are both Ice type moves anyway. So, isn't it just as possible that both of them will keep the Dragon and Ice typing?

M4zz

Banned
maybe there won't be any pokèmon, maybe we'll train REAL ANIMALS

This just makes no sense.

Regarding Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, just because Freeze/Ice is in its name doesn't mean they're to be Ice-Type attacks. They could become Electric and Fire with a Freeze and/or Paralysis/Burn chance. Unless they have been confirmed type-wise.

Just out of curiosity, but which of the two new Kyurem forms will (might) be better than the other?

DanteKoriyu

Regarding Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, just because Freeze/Ice is in its name doesn't mean they're to be Ice-Type attacks. They could become Electric and Fire with a Freeze and/or Paralysis/Burn chance. Unless they have been confirmed type-wise.

Their types were confirmed the moment we learned about their existence, because people were hacking into the games and extracting the data shortly after their release. They ARE Ice type moves:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze_Shock
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_Burn

Trainer Sora

Wandering Trainer
Dude. I am so amped for this new game to come!

I will admit though, I'm not so sure about the new forms. Reshirem seems pretty cool. Zekrem.... not so much in my honest opinion.
But the possibility of Move Tutors (Outside of Starter/Pledge) being around? We all want it to happen, both casuals and competitives. I mean, it'd help imensly for both sides if MT's made a worthwhile comeback. Especially if they taught moves like Dragon Pulse, the Elem-Punches,ETC.

As far as plot goes, I hope its some sort of continuation. I'm thinking that they might change the Main Character's appearance. Like they did in Emerald. Plus you can change it depending on the Season/Location. Similar to D/P/PT. I'm seriously hoping the Pokemon follow comes back too. I miss that feature.

M4zz

Banned
Their types were confirmed the moment we learned about their existence, because people were hacking into the games and extracting the data shortly after their release. They ARE Ice type moves:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Freeze_Shock
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ice_Burn

Alrighty. Well, then having the Kyurem forms drop their Ice-Typing just seems redundant then. I figure they'll stay Dragon/Ice if that's the case, just gaining coverage moves like the event Victini did.

Combined legendaries means one thing... Super Uber!

Yeah.... Highly doubt that. That tier is reserved for Multiscale Lugia.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Just out of curiosity, but which of the two new Kyurem forms will (might) be better than the other?

Well there's too little info at the moment to start off with, but I'm thinking that the two forms will be very similar to each other like with Reshiram and Zekrom (exclusiveness to Fire and Electric, stat distribution, etc.)

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
This probably WILL MAKE NO SENSE, but my bro thinks that It will lose its Ice type.
That way it will be Electric/Fire, making it 4x weak to Ground, and 2x weak to water. Just a suggestion.

DanteKoriyu

Maybe...but it would keep them when it transforms back.
Right now there isn't enough info to go off of yet. While the anime will undoubtedly allow him to transform between all his forms, the games may have him locked as non-interchangeable Pokemon form. Masuda's Japanese version of the tweet wasn't exactly clear as far as I know, and despite being forms of Kyurem, still seemed to treat the two forms as separate Pokemon. One form might only be obtained in one game, the other in the opposite, and while we might be able to have Kyurem, Kyurem-W and Kyurem-B all on the same cart, we wouldn't be able to shift one form into the other two.

We'll just have to wait and see how they are handled.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Just saw the news! This is awesome!

I always felt that B/W was the most "complete" Pokemon game, but it still felt like something was missing. I wanted more! Hopefully, B/W2 will address this and be the greatest third game(s) of the Pokemon series ever!