• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2

mew92

Something that especially makes me curious is that on the Internet, I'm finding these three moves that 1. Aren't in game, and 2. I've never heard of them. People claim that they're Kyurem's signature moves. I forget two of them, but one is called "Freeze Burn". I hope we see these in game.

they are real.freeze shock and ice burn.they were found in the BW coding
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/freezeshock.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/iceburn.shtml

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
You know I've been thinking about this too much when I dream that my Dad has partially turned into Black Kyurem...

When I first saw this over on Bulbapedia I assumed the new Kyurem forms were new forms of Reshirem and Zokrom. Which I'd of prefered as it'd make sence storywise, to me at least.

My theory was that the Tao Trio were once the same being - Movie 14 makes this cannon - before they split into three when the two brothers went their seperate ways. Then in BW2, Kyurem merges with Reshirem/Zokrom. The only problem with this theory is they're still not complete while the third dragon is missing. Unless...

Grey Kyurem?!

This is the competitive section. Meaning posts should generally pertain to the competitive application of this place. Something tells me "zomg im gonna go and get dese gamez as soon az dey com owt" isn't competitively-oriented.

I've gathered a list of likely tutor moves, and various Pokemon who could likely use them, and their reasoning for a tutor move.

Stealth Rock (Gen 4 TM): Carracosta, Ferrothorn (Spikes, Rocks, and Seed all on the same set FTW), Accelgor (screw Aerodactyl, this thing is THE suicide lead), and Terrakion (I will personally attempt to popularize support Terrakion if it's the last thing I do)

Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and ThunderPunch (all tutors in Gen 4, and TMs in Gen 2): Haxorus, Conkelderp, DW Nidos, Kyurem (Ice Punch), Darmanitan (ThunderPunch), DW Rampardos, etc.

Sleep Talk (same as the Punches) DW Dragonair (Marvel Scale with Rest/Sleep Talk/Dragon Dance/Dragon Tail or Outrage would be very scary), Ferrothorn, Volcarona (mono-attacking Quiver Dance set would rape), and a few other things.

Dragon Dance (why not?) Basically every Dragon-type, Aerodactyl (538 Speed when Adamant FTW) Sceptile (I WANT MAH PHYSICAL ATTACKZ TO WORK WITHOUT SD), Feraligatr (specifically DW, so we don't have to rely on SD, because it will likely be male), and several others

I'm too lazy to list anything else.

This is the competitive section. Meaning posts should generally pertain to the competitive application of this place. Something tells me "zomg im gonna go and get dese gamez as soon az dey com owt" isn't competitively-oriented.

Seeing as we literally know nothing about the game besides the names and Kyurem looking different even competitive talk is useless.

I don't care what people talk about here as long as it is relevant to Black / White 2.

Ilan

Stealth Rock (Gen 4 TM): Carracosta, Ferrothorn (Spikes, Rocks, and Seed all on the same set FTW), Accelgor (screw Aerodactyl, this thing is THE suicide lead), and Terrakion (I will personally attempt to popularize support Terrakion if it's the last thing I do)

Ferrothorn get SR from breeding just saying but I guess you are saying you can't use both spikes and stealth rock in the same set...

I am very exited for the new games the new signature moves suck... except with power herb...

2 new kyurem forms mmmm... MOAR power to hail! maybe hail will be more popular so stealth rock if the new forms are ice type which I believe they will ... I wish they will be 3 types it would be awesome think of it... 3 STABs! wait... meloetta have also 3 types by changing forms... I hope the forms are permanent with an event and not with an item I think the forms will also be version exclusive...

Ferrothorn get SR from breeding just saying but I guess you are saying you can't use both spikes and stealth rock in the same set...

Ferrothorn can get Spikes and Stealth Rock in the same set but it can't have Spikes, Stealth Rocks, and Leech Seed in one set. S/he wish for some way that this game will allow Ferrothorn to get all three at the same time.

Neo Zoroark

Bandwagoning!

I am very exited for the new games the new signature moves suck... except with power herb...

2 new kyurem forms mmmm... MOAR power to hail! maybe hail will be more popular so stealth rock if the new forms are ice type which I believe they will ... I wish they will be 3 types it would be awesome think of it... 3 STABs! wait... meloetta have also 3 types by changing forms... I hope the forms are permanent with an event and not with an item I think the forms will also be version exclusive...

I hope PO considers Kyurem-R and Kyurem-Z (that's what I call them) seperate Pokemon so I can spam massively powered Blizzards and Draco Meteors from the both of them.

Something tells me the stats of both Kyurem-R and Kyurem-Z will be something like 100/150/105/120/110/95 (flipped Attack and Special Attack as well as the Defenses for the other form. I took this as Kyurem-R just for fun)

i know taht these games will change the metagame depending on move tutors new moves on pokemon i so hope that more pokemon can learn rapid spin due to the some pokemon deserving it (ferrothorn comes to mind)

And Zorua and Zorarck are wild but they could still be rare

Gray™

Sue me for stating my opinion about a game's name that hasn't even come out yet.
See if I care.

Eaglehawk

Banned

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Seeing as we literally know nothing about the game besides the names and Kyurem looking different even competitive talk is useless.

I don't care what people talk about here as long as it is relevant to Black / White 2.
Hold your Rapidash!! I think we do know a bit more than that!

Looking at the Kyurem Forms and the moves which Mew92 has so kindly shared with us at the top of this delightful page, we can probably presume that the Kyurem's new forms are going to be Ice/Electric Type and Ice/Fire Type respectively.

What do you think of those typings? Considering Kyurem retains its base Stats (I personally think they'll change but w/e) how will they fare in the metagame?

Diiisscuuusss.

Ciliano

I hate to be the 10 billionth person to point out the elephant in the room, but Kyurem's new forms may be more groundbreaking than they appear. If they are a mix of Kyurem and Zekrom's attributes or Kyurem and Reshiram's attributes, it would be no surprise for them to keep the Ice typing and adopt a Fire or Electric typing respectively. The Dragon typing may be dropped all together from these two, who knows. Ice/Fire is great offensively, but downright awful defensively. Ice/Electric is better, and this matchup is more interesting to me. Add to this the fact that move tutors may shake up the metagame, as seen with Platinum, and it's clear that Pokemon Black and White Version 2 will have a lasting effect.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Hey. I have a different Idea.

Kyurem still retains his ice/Dragon typing and he doesn't get new moves, but rather the forms are just aesthetic.

Also, I think Black Kyurem will get Illusion and White Kyurem gets imposter.

Generic User Name

Hey. I have a different Idea.

Kyurem still retains his ice/Dragon typing and he doesn't get new moves, but rather the forms are just aesthetic.

I like your idea better than what most people think, ice/electric or ice/fire. Making Thr forms just aesthetic makes more sense cuz neither of them would be dragon type, which doesn't make much sense

Zachmac

Hold your Rapidash!! I think we do know a bit more than that!

Looking at the Kyurem Forms and the moves which Mew92 has so kindly shared with us at the top of this delightful page, we can probably presume that the Kyurem's new forms are going to be Ice/Electric Type and Ice/Fire Type respectively.

What do you think of those typings? Considering Kyurem retains its base Stats (I personally think they'll change but w/e) how will they fare in the metagame?

Diiisscuuusss.
So, you're saying a mix of two dragon types won't make a dragon type?
I hope PO considers Kyurem-R and Kyurem-Z (that's what I call them) seperate Pokemon so I can spam massively powered Blizzards and Draco Meteors from the both of them.
I'll be they'll be the same, kind of like Rotom forms.
I seriously doubt that. Imposter on it doesn't make any sense.

I'll bet it'll be turbo blaze and terra volt.