• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black 2 RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

okay19

Hello, okay19 here! I have used this team throughout the game, and it got me through all eight Gyms and the Elite Four. I focused on types and movesets more than natures and EVs when designing this team. Any suggestions for new moves or items would be appreciated. Without further ado, here it is:

:503:
Samurott (M) - Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Impish Nature
- Slash
- Ice Beam
- Waterfall
- Surf

Samurott is a mixed attacker with 2 physical and 2 special attacks. Ice Beam is mainly to get a super effective hit on dragons, and Slash is useful against less defensive foes, especially with a critical hit. The other two moves have a nice STAB bonus further boosted by the Mystic Water. Should I keep the current moves or replace them?

;448;
Lucario (M) - King's Rock
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Poison Jab
- Aura Sphere

I've always enjoyed the sheer power that Lucario brings to almost any team. This one is physical-based except for the always-hitting Aura Sphere. Poison Jab is mainly for type coverage, and Quick Attack can finish a weakened foe off before they can get another hit in. However, Quick Attack seems to be somewhat weak, so I'm looking to replace it.

:561:
Sigilyph (F) - Expert Belt
Ability: Wonder Skin
Docile Nature
- Air Slash
- Fly
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Sigilyph covers a lot of different types with three different types of moves. Psychic gets powerful STAB and the flinch from Air Slash is always nice. I'm not a big fan of Fly; what would be another move that Sigilyph could use?

:553:
Krookodile (M) - Soft Sand
Ability: Moxie
Rash Nature
- Cut
- Crunch
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

I know Cut is an awful move, but once again, this is an in-game team. But what should take its place? Crunch and Earthquake both get STAB, with Earthquake even stronger because of the Soft Sand.

;462;
Magnezone - Wise Glasses
Ability: Sturdy
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

Magnezone can be a wall against the right types, which is why I sometimes give him Leftovers instead of the Wise Glasses. Thunder Wave is nice to help Magnezone move first, and Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon make him a powerful special attacker as well. Signal Beam rounds its moveset out by covering even more types. I think these moves work well with Magnezone, but is there another item or strategy that could be used?

;059;
Arcanine (F) - Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Extreme Speed
- Flamethrower
- Strength

Finally, Arcanine has two STAB + Charcoal attacks in Fire Blast and Flamethrower. Is Extremespeed worth keeping? Also, what should replace Strength?

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Samurott doesn't really need both Waterfall and Surf. I'd be inclined to stick with the more powerful Surf and replace Waterfall. Superpower is a decent replacement to hit Steel-types, though it does effectively lower the power of any other physical moves you'll want to use. X-Scissor gets decent coverage in Unova as well. Go with Return > Slash; Return is more reliable and generally more powerful than Slash is.

Poison Jab doesn't really offer you any type coverage. Poison only hits Grass-types for super-effective, who aren't much of a threat to Lucario anyway. Furthermore, as your Lucario has a Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk) you probably don't want to rely too heavily on physical moves. Go with either Dark Pulse or Shadow Ball > Poison Jab. Dark + Fighting gets almost perfect neutral coverage, only resisted by Heracross and Toxicroak iirc, and Ghost + Fighting is unresisted, so it comes down to whether you prefer the flinch chance (Dark Pulse) or the potential SpD drop (Shadow Ball). I find it important to cover Lucario's Ground-type weakness, so I like to run Ice Punch, over Close Combat in your case as Aura Sphere is already a good Fighting-type STAB. Furthermore, I'd also run Work Up > Quick Attack to boost both of your attacking stats; this means your Special moves will be very strong, and Ice Punch won't be too shabby either. Alternatively, you can run a purely Special set to make use of your nature, by running Calm Mind or Nasty Plot > Quick Attack for boosting purposes (depending on whether you want to boost your bulk as well or more sharply boost your SpA) and Dragon Pulse > Close Combat, mainly for lack of better alternative. Wise Glasses or Leftovers (whichever Magnezone isn't holding) are both fine items to use for Lucario.

Heat Wave is a good move to use instead of Fly on Sigilyph. It allows you to hit Steel-types, who wall both of your STAB moves.

Rock Slide can be used > Cut on Krookodile for the great QuakeSlide coverage combination. Ghost and Dark get similar coverage, and since you get STAB from Dark-type moves, Shadow Claw is outclassed. You can replace it with either Dragon Claw or Outrage for coverage, or Bulk Up to help you get that first KO, upon which you can start to decimate teams thanks to Moxie boosts. Soft Sand only boosts the power of Earthquake; you might be better off looking into an item such as the Muscle Band, which boosts all of your physical moves.

Magnezone is fine.

Arcanine only needs one Fire-type STAB. The choice between Fire Blast and Flamethrower comes down to whether you prefer power (Fire Blast) or reliability through accuracy (Flamethrower). Keep one, and the other can be replaced by Wild Charge to hit Water-types. Extremespeed is a good priority move so you can keep it if you want. Dragon Pulse can round out the set nicely.

Alternatively, since your team is at the moment more specially inclined, you could run a purely physical variant of Arcanine. Instead of Fire Blast or Flamethrower, Flare Blitz can be run as your STAB move of choice. Wild Charge once again provides coverage. Extremespeed is useful for picking off weakened foes, and your set can be rounded off with either Crunch, Outrage or Superpower for coverage.

Either way, Charcoal isn't the best item to use as it only boosts one of your moves. Leftovers, Expert Belt (mixed set) or Muscle Band (physical set) can be used instead.

Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.