• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XGallade

Back to the relaxing credits music. I'll have to admit i liked BW's better, if only because of how epic it was portrayed, right after the final battle with N. This one's still very nice though.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Reminds me of the days when I was 13 playing Pokemon Platinum back in 09. Man! But love this theme, I guess going to back to relaxing music after all that Black 2 and White 2 throw at you is smoothing.

XGallade

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh my God. Elesa's Gym's music makes me want to walk down a fashion runway while wearing a meat dress. It fits her Gym so perfectly. I just can't believe how amazing it sounds.

Iris's battle music on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desire imo. I like it more than Alder's battle theme, but that's not saying much.

Cobalt_Latios

I'll admit... I can't actually hear the old credits theme, but I might catch it after a few listens. But it's nice; gives you the sense that everything has been resolved, as it were.

Back to the relaxing credits music. I'll have to admit i liked BW's better, if only because of how epic it was portrayed, right after the final battle with N. This one's still very nice though.
Actually, it's quite fitting; the ending of the first game was sort of abrupt and left some details hanging. You also just took down a very powerful organization. In this game, you're sorting of taking down a lesser version of the original team, but they're still up to no good, and yet it's not nearly as important as some of the other present details. Therefore, it's... "back to business as usual".

And honestly? It works very well here.

Reminds me of the days when I was 13 playing Pokemon Platinum back in 09. Man! But love this theme, I guess going to back to relaxing music after all that Black 2 and White 2 throw at you is smoothing.
It is, but it's nice how it's very grande still. Which I like.

XGallade

Actually, it's quite fitting; the ending of the first game was sort of abrupt and left some details hanging. You also just took down a very powerful organization. In this game, you're sorting of taking down a lesser version of the original team, but they're still up to no good, and yet it's not nearly as important as some of the other present details. Therefore, it's... "back to business as usual".
I never said it wasn't fitting. I still like it a lot ;3

Cobalt_Latios

Aegon

The credits music sucks can't compare to BW. I'm really liking everything else, though. Driftveil Gym's theme is very different to what we've had before, which is excellent. These games could definitely vie for the title of best soundtrack.

I don't know why people dislike Iris' Champion theme. Sure, it's a bit slow at the beginning, but after that, it's brilliant. How can you resist the greatness of 0:40?

Last edited:

XGallade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEc585y17ZU&feature=plcp

N's Castle... I think the guys at Gamefreak pressed the pause button each second... lol

What's that scratching sound in the background? Is it just a bad rip or is that to further the fact that the castle is in ruins (cracking stones)?

Oh my god. That's....awesome actually. It really fits how he is now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T6dvEuV7hk&feature=plcp
Is it wrong to laugh at Homika's Gym theme? Those vocals constantly say Dogar (koffing in japanese) and it's reaaally funny :D

Last edited:

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
All right, here are my opinions (and I emphasize the word "opinions") on the new music:

Wild Pokemon Theme- is now 20% cooler. The change in pitch is welcome, and the tempo seems to have been altered making it sound slightly more epic.

Rare Wild Pokemon Theme- Why didn't they change this to match the new Wild Pokemon Theme? It sounds out of place now.

Trainer Battle- Sounds mainly the same, I never liked this one that much anyway.

Rival Battle- This one sounds okay, it might grow on me as I hear it more.

Gym Leader Theme- I'm not sure they should've changed the instrumentation on this one. It sounded almost perfect in BW1, now I don't know what to make of it.

Gym Leader's Final Pokemon Theme- I swear there's a mistake in this. About 2 seconds in, it sounds like the tempo gets too fast and then it skips back down to the usual tempo. It doesn't sound right. Other than that, it's good.

Team Plasma Theme- I don't really like the intro, but otherwise pretty good.

Akuroma's Team Plasma Theme- Like with the Rival theme, I don't really think much of this one, but I'm gonna give it time.

B/W Kyurem Theme- Same as Rival and Akuroma themes (and a lot of the new ones actually).

Iris' Theme- Better than Alder's, but still not a proper Champion theme. A bit too "twinkly" IMO.

World Tournament Final Battle (the one that plays when you fight Akuroma)- This one's already growing on me.

Kanto Leader Theme- I like this one, it has a retro feel to it, as it should.

Sinnoh Leader Theme- This is another theme that I feel they did right, it sounds like the original, but with extra background music and stuff that enhances the tune.

All the rest of the World Tournament themes- Very meh. A lot of them have unfitting instrumentation and don't sound very good.

what? Rustboro City music???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoYtPJSlizA&feature=plcp

Rustboro City isn't in Unova...

That's not even Rustboro's theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.