• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Oh my god. I love that every gym has it's own theme.

Elesa's gym is so damn incredible. I was not ready for that. Gamefreak needs to have more lyrical songs now.

Cobalt_Latios

Oh my god. I love that every gym has it's own theme.

Elesa's gym is so damn incredible. I was not ready for that. Gamefreak needs to have more lyrical songs now.

I think they will. If they can do this with the DS... imagine what they can do with the 3DS :D.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

ForeverFlame

I can't believe they managed to top BW's OST. But they did. Mainly because they experimented like crazy.

* Ghetsis' battle theme sounds like a party remix. It actually gets you (gasp) excited for the battle.

* Achroma's battle theme, besides sounding like an awesome SNES JRPG battle theme, has a really cool voiceover (also experimental). It also sounds like a party remix.

* D O G A R S. Who expected Game Freak to do that?

* N's new encounter theme. In BW it reminded me of a circus from Hell. I would actually visit the circus N's new song represents.

* N's Castle. Reminds me of Lapis Philosophorum from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (awesome song, awesome Anime). I love how it sounds like the song is skipping.

* The Credit song is basically their way of telling us that our (extended) journey through Unova is finally over. It almost makes me sad listening to it., knowing that we won't be seeing Unova again for quite a while.

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
I think a better name for the new Dream World region would be "Ice Hole". I would love to fall into an ice hole.

EDIT: Also, Magby and Magnemite in Tachiwaki City!!

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Last edited:

Missingno.Fan

Oh my Arceus. I was listening to alot of the soundtrack and my mind was blown. Iris's theme was so beautiful it almost brought tears to my eyes. Elesa's gym theme made me LOL hard though.

Grei

not the color
Iris' theme is so... odd. It sounds like something out of Megaman Battle Network (or Star Force, since it sounds astronomical at points). I kind of like it, though.

I enjoy the frantic feel of Hyu's battle theme. It also sounds a little Megaman-y... but then, a lot of these are sounding like that. I suppose that's because the idea is that the music is more futuristic, since it's furthest in the timeline.

Vs. Kanto Leaders is nice and nostalgic.
Vs. Johto Leaders is even more nostalgic. I love the bells. It sounds almost hushed... yet intense.
Vs. Hoenn Leaders... not sure if I'm too much of a fan. It at least has the instrumentation to remind you of Hoenn, but...
Vs. Sinnoh Leaders is AWESOME. I love the staccato going on! It makes it so much more frantic and intense... Then again, this theme was one of the better vs. Gym Leader themes in the series.
Vs. Unova Leaders (BW2) is a wonderful remix of the original. BW's version was possibly my favorite Gym Leader theme in the entire series, and this one maintains that awesomeness. I adore the opening. (DAH DAH DAH DAAAH DAH DUN, DAH DAH DAH DAAAH DAH DUN..)

Vs. Reformed N is nice to listen to. It's intense, a nice remix of the original theme.
Vs. White Kyurem/Black Kyurem is nice and creepy. Makes you tense, which is good.
Vs. Achroma is fitting with its psychedelic feel. It's definitely the weirdest theme I've heard so far.
Vs. Ghetsis is SO MUCH BETTER HERE. OH GOD. The first one was slow and clumsy, but this one's chanting is actually haunting. This is a scary theme. I love it.
Vs. Neo Team Plasma is just as intense as its original version. I like it.
World Tournament Final is freaking great. It's so frenzied and encompasses the idea that he final battle is the culmination of a long journey. So great.

Vs. Blue is pretty great. His wasn't my favorite in the first place, so this one isn't anything special to me.
Vs. Lance is so grand and awesome. Vs. Lance is one of my favorite Champion themes, and this version remixes it very well!
Vs. Wallace/Steven is really great! Intense and high-energy, like a Champion theme does best.
Vs. Cynthia... I'm lol-ing at how they just continue to raise the key of her theme with each remix. However, I have to say, I like this version more than her BW version, which was just plain boring.
Vs. Iris. As I said above, very Megaman-y. It fits her, I suppose. I'll have to give it a few more listens.

I wonder if Alder's theme got remixed? The video I was listening to didn't have a remixed version (and it was plainly noticeable... the style has changed between BW and BW2, it's apparent). He should get a remix.

Last edited:

Izanagi

'Sup!
Iris' theme is so... odd. It sounds like something out of Megaman Battle Network (or Star Force, since it sounds astronomical at points). I kind of like it, though.

I not going to quote the entirely of this post but since I am big fan of Megaman am I really enjoying these soundtracks. I liking all the remixes of the past them especially VS. Blue and Wallace/Steven. I like Iris's them too it fits her well and sits up for the final battle. Ghetsis is new theme is better than the old theme something I thought was impossible since I loved it so much. My favorite would have to be Achroma whose theme is befitting for one of my favorite villains of the franchise. Hyu's Theme is also good. Gives you the feeling that I haven't feel since Silver and Blue.

Grei

not the color
I not going to quote the entirely of this post but since I am big fan of Megaman am I really enjoying these soundtracks. I liking all the remixes of the past them especially VS. Blue and Wallace/Steven. I like Iris's them too it fits her well and sits up for the final battle. Ghetsis is new theme is better than the old theme something I thought was impossible since I loved it so much. My favorite would have to be Achroma whose theme is befitting for one of my favorite villains of the franchise. Hyu's Theme is also good. Gives you the feeling that I haven't feel since Silver and Blue.

I like Megaman too, but its a little weird that Pokemon tracks are reminding me of it, IMO. :p

Here's a more complete version.

Status
Not open for further replies.