• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt_Latios

I can't believe they managed to top BW's OST. But they did. Mainly because they experimented like crazy.

* Ghetsis' battle theme sounds like a party remix. It actually gets you (gasp) excited for the battle.
His theme is basically his way of saying, "I'm getting my revenge on you!!".

* D O G A R S. Who expected Game Freak to do that?
Who expected them to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTFLxeg6tg&feature=plcp ?

* N's new encounter theme. In BW it reminded me of a circus from Hell. I would actually visit the circus N's new song represents.
It very much sounds like he's definitely more at peace with himself. And that's very good to know.

* The Credit song is basically their way of telling us that our (extended) journey through Unova is finally over. It almost makes me sad listening to it., knowing that we won't be seeing Unova again for quite a while.
Agreed. "To Each Future" was pretty much your reward for kicking TP's butt the first time, but letting you know that things aren't quite done yet. This one... is basically saying that all is well now, and you can now take it a bit easier.

I really hope Game Freak does this more often with their next generation titles; have the first set of games be the first entry, and then have the second set bet the sequels. IMO, not only does it work better for tying off loose ends at parts; it actually makes it better for us to have a continuing game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhqxUfkJC_0&feature=plcp This really caught me by surprise by it's very fitting.

Izanagi

'Sup!
His theme is basically his way of saying, "I'm getting my revenge on you!!".

Who expected them to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTFLxeg6tg&feature=plcp ?

It very much sounds like he's definitely more at peace with himself. And that's very good to know.

Agreed. "To Each Future" was pretty much your reward for kicking TP's butt the first time, but letting you know that things aren't quite done yet. This one... is basically saying that all is well now, and you can now take it a bit easier.

I really hope Game Freak does this more often with their next generation titles; have the first set of games be the first entry, and then have the second set bet the sequels. IMO, not only does it work better for tying off loose ends at parts; it actually makes it better for us to have a continuing game.

Yeah, I was totally caught off guard. I guess they really are trying to go above and beyond with these games. I liking that that are exceeding my expectations and then some. Hoping this trend continues in the future.

Chimchar15

Well I'm staying awaying from the discovery thread as not to spoil much but the music rocks. Anyone know where I can find Seigeiha city's theme?

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
Listening to the individual Gym themes as I type.

Where is Cheren's?
Roxie's Gym: Wow, this is annoying. I hate this girl's voice. And the 8-bit sound is so shrill...
Burgh's Gym: This is cool. It's a little eerie, but a little chill at the same time. It almost sounds like it's being played in reverse... this is neat.
Elesa's Gym: YES I AM READY OH YEAH um this one's neat
Clay's Gym: Beginning starts off sounding urban, and then it sounds like a jungle adventure... weird theme. Then again, Driftveil's themes have always sat oddly with me, so.
Skyla's Gym: Ooh. So airy and soar-y. This totally fits her!
Drayden's Gym: So grandiose. So manly. Drayden is the epitome of manly grandiosity. I like-a-da-theme.
Shizui's Gym: Is that... is that jazz?! That's so great! He's the last Gym Leader, yet his Gym theme is so calming and laid back, bro~

Survey says... these Gym themes are great. Except for Roxie's.

Now that I've discovered the rest of the tracks, I think I know how I'm keeping myself busy for a while...

EDIT: I just listened to the ending theme. My god, it's so beautiful. I like that BW's was intense, but this one is so... climactic. It definitely has a sense of finality that BW's didn't. It's a farewell theme.

Last edited:

Eelijah

The Musketeer
Are you telling me that every Gym gets its own soundtrack? That's sweet.

I love the Unova Champion theme and the one from the battle against Black/White Kyurem! It takes me back to old school games.

Kingudora

My favourite
Elesa's Gym theme is amazing. I never thought I would hear a fusion of Pokémon game music and old-school house. It got all the common main ingredients of house, a pumping beat and diva-style vocals and it has even got some orchestral hits in it as an extra. Awesome! Elesa's gym will make you feel like a champ long before you beat the champion!

KuroiMawile

Is there actually a difference to the mess of a theme B/W Kyurem has?
(I hear the original Tao Dragon theme in it, and I do like Kyurem's new theme a lot, but it sounds like if you just slammed a trombone into the original repeatedly)
...say.

drawk[e]

Grand King
No, it's behind the school, but you have to enter through it, so it's not technically on the same map, and it uses the old theme from BW1.

Oh my bad, I thought it used the theme of the city because it seems outside.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Elesa's Gym theme is amazing. I never thought I would hear a fusion of Pokémon game music and old-school house. It got all the common main ingredients of house, a pumping beat and diva-style vocals and it has even got some orchestral hits in it as an extra. Awesome! Elesa's gym will make you feel like a champ long before you beat the champion!

Ehh... I get Tails's theme from SA1 because of how it makes you tempted to finishing the game.

diakyu

drawk[e];14735071 said:
Oh my bad, I thought it used the theme of the city because it seems outside.
It does use the city theme. But only until Cheren notices that you want to challenge his gym. Then it plays the old Unova gym theme.

Cobalt_Latios

Think of it as the calm before returning to the game's climax
At least they're sticking with the whole, "take down main villains after badge quest" type deal. Sort of keeps things in perspective again like in BW1. It's before the E4, but then again, TP isn't nearly as imposing as they were in BW1, so I don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.