• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Second towns usually serves as a simple tutorial to the game's tools and mechanics such as teaching us about Pokemon Centers and PokeMarts (Although Floccesy's case is different).

But yeah, after that, the place has no use...

Well there are a lot of town that you only need to visit once.

Well, on the topic of Floccesy Town, the music is pretty amazing, amirite? As well as the Floccesy Ranch music. <3

The town theme is very good, the Ranch is alright in my opinion.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Does Alder having his residence there as well as battling him count as some purpose?

As far as I can remember, you have to battle him but nothing really comes of it, does it? I suppose it is where you meet Benga (or whatever the hell his name is) for the first time, but all this could have been easily relocated to someplace else. For all I care Alder could have made himself a little nest in a nearby Hidden Grotto to sleep in every night.

The town theme is very good, the Ranch is alright in my opinion.

3/4 time signatures FTW.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Floccessy Ranch's music is pretty good, but I can't make myself listen to more than three loops of it at one time.

Just out of interest, what tunes in particular can you endure for more than a few loops? It's just because you seem to say that a lot ^^

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Just out of interest, what tunes in particular can you endure for more than a few loops? It's just because you seem to say that a lot ^^

I can't name any off the top of my head besides Skyarrow Bridge, Route 19, and Aspertia City in the fifth-generation games.

But I have a "songs that are awesome that I can stand for more than a few loops" list, a "songs that are awesome that I can only listen to for a few loops before I go insane" list, a "ehh" list, and a "bad song" list.

I think only Roxie's gym has gone onto my "bad song" list, as far as the music from fifth-generation games goes.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I can't name any off the top of my head besides Skyarrow Bridge, Route 19, and Aspertia City in the fifth-generation games.

Route 19 and Aspertia City I can understand but Skyarrow Bridge? It's a really good tune but after a few loops I find myself really, really tiring of it, especially when hatching eggs on it. That's usually the point when I grab my mp3 player and listen to something else or otherwise put it on mute while I watch something on the TV. It's just quite a bad song to listen to while hatching eggs; which is a shame, because the actual location is one of the best for hatching.

But I have a "songs that are awesome that I can stand for more than a few loops" list, a "songs that are awesome that I can only listen to for a few loops before I go insane" list, a "ehh" list, and a "bad song" list.

I think only Roxie's gym has gone onto my "bad song" list, as far as the music from fifth-generation games goes.

English Roxie's Gym is on my "never listen to list" (well, I don't have a list, I just delete them if I don't want to listen to them) whereas the Japanese version is on the opposite end of the scale, on the "songs of absolute and unquestionable awesomeness" list.
Ans yes, before someone says it, I know the vocalists are the same, but the feel and the tone of the two songs are not.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Route 19 and Aspertia City I can understand but Skyarrow Bridge? It's a really good tune but after a few loops I find myself really, really tiring of it, especially when hatching eggs on it. That's usually the point when I grab my mp3 player and listen to something else or otherwise put it on mute while I watch something on the TV. It's just quite a bad song to listen to while hatching eggs; which is a shame, because the actual location is one of the best for hatching.

Well, I never hatch eggs there in the first place, so I wouldn't share the same pain as you. :p

English Roxie's Gym is on my "never listen to list" (well, I don't have a list, I just delete them if I don't want to listen to them) whereas the Japanese version is on the opposite end of the scale, on the "songs of absolute and unquestionable awesomeness" list.
Ans yes, before someone says it, I know the vocalists are the same, but the feel and the tone of the two songs are not.

I know the two versions of the song have different feels. I was one of the first one to mention that. :)

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Well, I never hatch eggs there in the first place, so I wouldn't share the same pain as you. :p

Ah, I see. Lately I've not been able to stand even the sight of Skyarrow Bridge, so I've defected to the Marine Tunnel and the Village Bridge, both of which have far better music than Skyarrow.

I know the two versions of the song have different feels. I was one of the first one to mention that. :)

Yeah, I wasn't speaking directly to you, just anyone else in general who would feel like saying the above statement ^^
And... not to be too technical about it, but...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Ah, I see. Lately I've not been able to stand even the sight of Skyarrow Bridge, so I've defected to the Marine Tunnel and the Village Bridge, both of which have far better music than Skyarrow.

Village Bridge and Marine Tube do have very good music, too. I don't know why I didn't mention them earlier.

Marine Tube is slightly too short (the length of the tunnel itself), so I don't find myself going there for egg-hatching, either.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Village Bridge and Marine Tube do have very good music, too. I don't know why I didn't mention them earlier.

Marine Tube is slightly too short (the length of the tunnel itself), so I don't find myself going there for egg-hatching, either.

Yeah, I really wish that GF expanded on the underwater bridge idea and maybe included some more just to add to the non-linearity of the region... but that's an entire other topic.

The Marvellous Bridge does have interesting background music as well, I think I might try hatching there.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Really? I never really liked that theme, it was too... "futuristic" for me. Skyarrow Bridge is the one for me.

I admit the feel of the music doesn't particularly fit the game as a whole that much but it does go well with the aesthetics of the bridge. Also it is quite a mysterious and enigmatic theme... much like the bridge itself in fact.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
How about the Pokémon League for hatching? Hatched my Spiritomb there even though you have to go back and forth. And I mean the area before you enter the League. It's quite spacious.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
How about the Pokémon League for hatching? Hatched my Spiritomb there even though you have to go back and forth. And I mean the area before you enter the League. It's quite spacious.

I don't really like the music there, to be honest. That's probably the main reason why I don't go there to hatch eggs.

Oh yeah, and the Join Avenue theme. So happy and delightful. :)

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
How could I have forgotten about that? //headdesk//

Join Avenue's theme is one of my favourites overall. It's so cheerful and peppy and sparkly. <3

I may have contradicted an earlier post of mine, but now that I've succumbed to peer pressure and started trading for Magnemite on the GTS, I'm beginning to tolerate it more. :)

I have to say N's final battle and the Rival theme, they are king right now on youtube.

Last edited:
Both of the themes are pretty good. For battle themes, I'd rate them almost as high as the battle theme against Iris.

Although even though I didn't get there (thanks youtube for osts) Iris's theme is too light hearted for champion, it is good but to me doesn't fit the mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.