• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black 2/White 2 Music Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Although even though I didn't get there (thanks youtube for osts) Iris's theme is too light hearted for champion, it is good but to me doesn't fit the mood.

You should've played through the game to hear the music! o:

But yeah, the song could've fit the mood a bit better, but if you're asking me about the music itself without considering where it's played in the game, I'd say it's a fantastic track. :)

Yeah, but I currently am playing through, I got it three or so days ago and am already beaten the second gym, i was just youtubing to see if the music was improved, which i say it definitely was.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Yeah, but I currently am playing through, I got it three or so days ago and am already beaten the second gym, i was just youtubing to see if the music was improved, which i say it definitely was.

Ah, in that case, you should play through the game before you spoil yourself! :)

I know but think about this how far the music has come since the game boy advance games, in a few years, they have gotten tracks that would probably take up a gig of storage for three minutes, music is one of the best things we have in the world, so we can use it more often, thats what i think pokémon does, is uses music to convey feelings. At least thats what I believe.

Last edited:

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I know but think about this how far the music has come since the game boy advance games, in a few years, they have gotten tracks that would probably take up a gig of storage for three minutes, music is one of the best things we have in the world, so we can use it kore often, thats what i think pokémon does, is uses music to convey feelings. At least thats what I believe.

I can definitely agree with you on that. If the music that plays at a particular place in a Pokémon game is really good and plays in a particularly emotional scene, then the music itself is bound to convey emotions of that scene. :)

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Finally someone that understands the importance of music.

A lot of people do, yeah. Some people don't prioritize music in determining what they like about a video game, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't understand its importance. :p

I think everyone that's been posting in this thread understands the importance of music.

I think so, too. Agreeing and disagreeing on which tracks in the Pokémon games sound good and which sound bad goes to show that it's at least important enough to warrant a few hours of our time to discuss them. :)

Poetry

Dancing Mad
You`d be surprised.

Then please, surprise us. I agree with Hydros in that if one takes a few seconds of their life to post in a thread about the music of video games, then surely they would have at least a modicum of appreciation for the role music plays in the overall gaming experience.

Last edited:
Then please, surprise us. I agree with Hydros in that if one takes a few seconds of their life to post in a thread about the music of video games, then surely they would have at least a modicum of appreciation for the role music plays in the overall gaming experience.

I`ve had friends that have played games for the concept, if they didn`t like the music, they`d just turn off the and continue to play, which surprises me, I can`t do that, if I don`t like the music, I don`t play the game.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I`ve had friends that have played games for the concept, if they didn`t like the music, they`d just turn off the and continue to play, which surprises me, I can`t do that, if I don`t like the music, I don`t play the game.

And how many of these friends have posted in this thread, exactly?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

Even if they turn the music off, they realize the importance of music in a game. They just leave it off either because the environment in which they're playing the game doesn't permit it, or because the importance of music in the game isn't quite important enough to warrant listening to it.

But yes, even leaving the music off means that they realize the importance of music in a game.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

See, and that's an error on your part. You're discrediting a game because on component is bad. Their approach is better. Music is important to a game, but you can also live without it, some games have no music at all.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
So anyway, what do you guys think of the variable scoring with certain tracks in the game (Anville Town, Opelucid City, etc.)?

I think they're pretty good. Although it kind of sucks that you have to be in one particular place in the area in order to listen to them. The player should be able to toggle whether or not they want to listen to the scoring in the Options menu or something. :)

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So anyway, what do you guys think of the variable scoring with certain tracks in the game (Anville Town, Opelucid City, etc.)?

I think they're pretty good. Although it kind of sucks that you have to be in one particular place in the area in order to listen to them. The player should be able to toggle whether or not they want to listen to the scoring in the Options menu or something. :)

I like that the way it is, myself. It's sort of meant to be more immersive I imagine. Gives a sort of real world feel. As you get closer to whatever it is that's making the extra music it'll get louder. It's a very nice touch.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I agree with Hydrohs. I like it as it is, although it's a bit disappointing at times because you need to be beside the person to hear that specific instrument wherein you need to be on a different area within the same city.

One more thing I find a bit disappointing are the Route music. You need to be constantly moving in order to hear the additional instruments.

I kinda wished it was similar to Accumula wherein you just need to talk to that person and the instrument volume stays the same wherever you are in the town.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I agree with Hydrohs. I like it as it is, although it's a bit disappointing at times because you need to be beside the person to hear that specific instrument wherein you need to be on a different area within the same city.

Yeah, I don't always want to be beside the flautist when I'm in Opelucid City if I want to hear the flute or whatever play. If I wanted to listen to it for the intention of listening to it, I'd go on YouTube, but in Opelucid City I have other things to be doing, such as healing my Pokémon or going to the gym.

One more thing I find a bit disappointing are the Route music. You need to be constantly moving in order to hear the additional instruments.

This is quite small, but it would've been nice if the added percussion played and stayed on after you beat the Pokémon League. It would still play when moving around in the route, but it would only keep playing while staying still if you've beaten the Pokémon League.

I kinda wished it was similar to Accumula wherein you just need to talk to that person and the instrument volume stays the same wherever you are in the town.

Accumula would've been better if the instruments stayed even after leaving the city. But I guess adding variable scoring in of itself is one step forward, huh? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.