• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Complete Release?

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
I just bought the first volume of Viz's Black and White Adventures series, and I realized that these books were going by the magazine chapters. Adventures does have a bad history of finishing up the chapters with the volume releases so, if Black and White doesn't finish in the magazine, what do you think Viz is going to do with the extra chapters that take place in between magazine chapters? Will they release them again in Tankoubon form, or will they do some sort of "extra chapters" release?

Off topic: I just finished Vol.1, in the first panel of the last page, Black says the word "own" in a large word bubble, but the sentence isn't finished. What is it supposed to say? And, can someone explain why White and N are on the cover, although they don't appear at all in the volume.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
No one knows. There's also another panel like that...

Also, Viz is going to have to release the full volume versions or they're going to get some angry fans...

matt0044

In the case of PokeSpe, they're not exactly known for catering to their fans. After all, they did decide not to translate RSE and FRLG.

Are you surprised? We older fans are usually not valued very much in the grand scheme of Pokemon and PokeSpe is no exception. Though it's best that we're heard and listened more by those affiliated with Pokemon since we're big fans and we love it.

But anyways, we probably will get a volume release in America. Probably as a special edition. Honestly, Viz should consult Kusaka what he's going to do in the future in case of references to untranslated parts of the Manga.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I wouldn't worry about it . . . yet.

There have to be volumes to release before Viz can translate and release them, so the final versions of the B/W story won't even be available until the Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver arcs are released in Japan.

Once that happens, I'll adjust my concerns about whether Viz will translate them or not based on how the R/S/Fr/Lg/E or even the Pt/HgSs arcs are treated by Viz. They might realize they need to provide the whole thing once they start translating parts where the skipped arcs become relevant. If they do, B/W volumes are safe.

If they don't make moves to translate the currently skipped arcs by the time B/W volumes start to come out in Japan, then I'll worry (and write to Viz about said concerns).

For now, worry about them translating R/S/Fr/Lg/E