1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fissure1

Fissure1 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they will eventually start naming them after Animals

Pokemon Dog/Pokemon Cat
    Pokemon Cat/Pokemon Mouse
    Pokemon Bear/Pokemon Tree

Pokemon Mouse/Pokemon Keyboard
    Pokemon Key/Pokemon Door

Pokemon Myspace/Pokemon Facebook

They have so many horrible names they can use, it's only the start.

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Which falls into the same category of unfeasibility as does the concept of an "evil" Legendary.

I think the chessboard thing is quite feasible, actually, as it would have two contrasting themes of opposite hue (or shade, yes, yes, we get it) but of no inherent moral value or lack thereof for either.

3. K-B-K

K-B-K Well-Known Member

I like Black and White. I prefer colours for names. I hated Diamond and Pearl because they don't really go together.

4. Indragon

Indragon Back in the USSR

Actually, Black will probably be the secondary version.

Anyway, I agree about all that going back to the roots of Pokemon stuff.

5. Takaru

Takaru Werk, Werk, Werk

Aw these are the Cutest names for Pokemon games ever. I like them. This makes me wanna play 5th Gen now, even though I wasn't planning to too.

6. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

They probably wanted to do something which is totally contrary to each other, as they've done in Hoenn and Sinnoh. it's actually very nice to do so again.

Apparently these are the two legendary pokemon . I wonder if Black would have the white background behind the back of the cover, even in the game itself.

7. 42

42 Wat.

By secondary, you mean the one that sells less, correct?
    If so, its going to be white. I garuntee it.

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

How are you inferring that White will sell less? I don't understand, I was under the impression that people bought the gam ewith the prettiest picture on the box or the one with their favorite character and as of yet, we don't know what Pokemon will be on the cover art. I don't see any difference between White and Black yet. It's still too unclear.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  9. Fissure1

It depends on the job

i kid, i kid

10. Master_of_grass

Master_of_grass War Never Changes

Third game= Pokemon Grey ftw

11. Frontier Brain B

Frontier Brain B I'm that good.

Please, PLEASE tell me this was sarcasm?

12. Dragonite

Dragonite #SPP + #SPP-Wifi SOp

Depends how you define "Secondary". In the order of names, it'll probably be Black/White (or B/W). As for selling points, who knows.

But I can't see them being advertised at all as "White & Black version!", simply because "Black & White" is the general order people put them in.

13. TheLupineOne

TheLupineOne I'M GETTING WHITE.

Is this a 130 point infraction? If not how many points? You aught to point this out, bobandbill.
    This is what should be a 130 point infraction: Racism.

On topic, those logos look... this generation Pokémon goes Darker than what we love.
    I guess Masuda was right!

14. Fissure1

No, i really think those are great names

15. King Shuckle

King Shuckle Don't be daft

Have the lot of you taken complete leave of your senses? Here I was enjoying this new announcement about the new games, and I come in here and see the fellow dullards clamoring about racism, and others slummocking their way in here and talking about evil Pokemon. GIVE. ME. A. BREAK. Black and white and colors, shades, whatever. Nothing more. Damn you Konami. People have been saying the whole Dark Magician/Black Magician thing is race-related and I bet that's why they are complaining about this. It's a stupid argument guys. Can't we just peacefully enjoy the news as it comes? Please? With a cherry on top and sprinkles and whipped cream and a topless Vin Diesel?

16. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Just because the name has Black & White and is supposed to be based on the concept of Yin-Yang doesn't mean they represent Good & Evil.

The concept of Yin & Yang or Black & White representing Good & Evil is a baseless concept from the beginning.
    They are just opposite forces, both of them are neither good nor evil (white can be as much evil as black can & similarly black can be as much good as white can).
    Black & White are same as the opposing forces of Water & Fire is. So would we also compare them as being good or evil.
    Powers or Forces from the beginning have never been good or evil in there own nature, its the people who have made them like that.

So, what i am trying to say is that, the name Black & White is not going to bring in the concept of Bad or Evil pokemons in the series.

17. panas

panas Active Member

I think the names black and white are the opposite maybe in the one you could be the good and in the other the bad

18. Oshakpop

Oshakpop Eeveelution Master

I think Black and White are great names... simple... but to me they sound like these games are gonna be serious and sound like something BIG is going to happen. I think that this like someone said above that evil and good pokemon could be incoperated into this game, which would really boost Pokemon. Can;t wait for more info to be honest

19. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Or it could be that you're doing your usual cymbal-monkey act and jumping to an absolutely baseless conclusion.

Yeah, let's go with that.

Particularly since you don't seem to be at all concerned as to what he actually said, as best as translation can tell us, and instead seem more intent on twisting those words to fit your own warped thought processess.

Give it a rest - we have the quota of mindlessness already well in hand.

This. This is why we can't have nice things. We get a pair of names and logos and already people are preparing themselves for the Pokémon Rapture.

The concept of which we've already discussed and determined that it runs contrary to everything they've ever done in this franchise.

You're going to have to explain this one. "EVIL" Pokémon would provide a "boost"... how, exactly? And Pokémon needs a "boost"... why, exactly?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  20. EspeonMaster

EspeonMaster The Legend Of Dawn

The name is fine. What really intrigues me is the content, what do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.