1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 42

42 Wat.

Okay. Who accounts for 90% of the sales? 10 year old boys.
    You are a ten year old boy. What color is cooler? Black, the evil version, or white, the good version? Black, obviously. Even though black won't be evil, its color will still seem cool and "evil" to a 10 year old boy.

2. EspeonMaster

EspeonMaster The Legend Of Dawn

Quoted For Truth.

It was a rhetorical question.

3. Takaru

Takaru Werk, Werk, Werk

I can't wait til the actual speculation of these games starts on the forums :>

that should be a LOAD of fun.

As for the names go. I think its cute that there going back to colors, reminds me of the R/B/G/Y when pokemon looked so ugly as sprites!

4. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

I actually thought that immediately when I saw the name of the game. But maybe you're right about that it should not be like that in any generation.
    Maybe because Black is usually the dark type, people thought it is the "evil" one and the White is like the "good" one. It's probably wasn't true and they (and the games) will be equal as well.

5. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

New stuff =/= fundamentally changing the concept of the gameplay
    New stuff =/= introducing the concept of pure evil to a franchise that goes out of its way to avoid it

And now, the question of why a baseless rumor from 4-5 years ago has any bearing on the present and the future.

6. Indragon

Indragon Back in the USSR

I lol'ed but I'm still defending White and Black as great names.

No, I mean the "blue" line of games that comes second in the listing - Blue, Silver, Sapphire, etc.

Going by the hot/cool colours thing, White would be first, followed by Black but I agree about the fact that it's more natural to say "Black and White".

Oh, for Arceus' sake, please stop about the racism!!!

Yes, but traditionally, White has been depicted as pure and good while Black has been the colour of deceit and evil.

7. Oshakpop

Oshakpop Eeveelution Master

I wasn't saying that. I meant that by a change in story could possibly boost it. And I never said pokemon needs a boost at all, thats your conclusion to my point, I was just mearly saying it could bring in more people. I'm not starting arguments that was just my thought, I am allowed to think aren't I? Then when the real info comes out I can be prooved wrong...

8. SoulSilverMstr411

SoulSilverMstr411 Hikikomori

Black & White? I was expecting something off the wall like Zarconia & Aquamarine. But I prefer Black & White.

9. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

I don't think it's fair to say that Black will do better just because it's a more popular color.
    I think which one does also largely depends on the Cover Legend.

Blue is generally a more popular color than red, when it comes to younger boys.
    Though, from what I've seen, Ruby is generally more popular than Sapphire.
    Reason? Groudon looks fierce and dynamic, with sharp nails and spines.
    However, Kyogre looks calm and fluid, as if it slowly gliding. Less appealing to kids.
    (Not 100% sure if this is actually true sales-wise, though personally I've seen many more people with Ruby than I have with Sapphire.)

If black ends up with a really ugly Cover Legend, and white has a freakishly awesome one...
    I think it'd be fair to say White might get more sales.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  10. EspeonMaster

The developers must think of new ways to keep us buying the Pokemon games.

I am sure there is a huge thing coming. Trust me.

11. Oshakpop

For me it will be the Pokemon on the front of the cover that I will go for.

12. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

blah blah be sure to not lean towards talking what may be in the games and what starters there amy be or what the plot may be like etc and keep to the discussion of the game names people blah blah blah. =P

13. Fissure1

Fissure1 Well-Known Member

If it has the name pokemon, people will buy it

Heck, they could have a game where all you do is draw a circle and people would buy it if pokemon were in the title ;)

14. Oshakpop

Sorry bobandbill, back-on-topic Erm... my overall opinion is they are great names, although they would have sounded better for the second generation, atleast their being used and I love them.

15. EspeonMaster

The title does not make the game. The Pokemon campaign has proven to be the best selling campaign the history of gaming has ever known. That can be reversed.

16. Takaru

Takaru Werk, Werk, Werk

White isn't a cool color and Black isn't a warm color there neutral just like Gray.
    The whole debate about light vs dark go to affiliation black is typically seen as an
    evil color its dark, negative, White is the color of purity untainted, unspoiled, good.
    So don't expect people to not think about evil vs. good when thinking of these names.

I don't know about sales via Pokemon games but warmer colors attract people,
    Stop signs, fast food places, advertisements, etc.

17. EspeonMaster

Words of wisdom. I agree.

You didn't quite get me. Pokemon games are great and that is why they are selling millions of copies. The title contributes too, however if the content gets spoiled by the developers the title itself can do little.

18. Tyranitar trainer

Tyranitar trainer Back for a bit

Nice names.
    Hopefully a step back in the names department will also signal a step forward in the originality department

19. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Not true at all. Again, there are any manner of ways in biology, nature, physics and any number of other fields in which white is a representation of warmth to some degree and black is a representation for lack of warmth.

20. NES

NES Flip me to the side!

There is a lot of speculation mostly about pokemon black, i think said color doesn't imply anything by itself :/ so let's just stick to these being cool names (i believe that) for pokemon games.

I'm glad they went back to colors instead of more minerals/metals, it's a nice thing for a fresh gen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.