• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm willing to bet that, the 3rd game will be Pokemon Rainbow.

Sales will be higher for that game in San Fransisco and Amsterdam, I'll bet xD

I was more thinking in the likes of Pokemon Gray.. but Gray is never a good color for anything.. Gray is the symbol of compromise, of something in between two polar opposites, so I don't think that gray will be the third game. Crimson is a name I like, but with Red and FireRed, it's quite unlikely. Though I must add that there's almost always been a kind of red'ish color in the games:

Red (and subsequently FireRed)
Gold(which is kinda yellow'ish and red'ish (especially when you look at its mascot)(Again HeartGold, the heart is usually depicted as red..)
Ruby (that stone is as red as you can get)
Pearl (it's pink, which is as some put it 'white'ish red'...)

So.. there being a game with a red'ish tint in this generation isn't that farfetched.. It's just never been the third installment.

If anything, the third installment could be something like Pokemon - Transparent. Referring to their blatent selling schemes..

Inoue

I really like the names White and Black. They are simple and that's what makes them so cool. These days it's all about simple designs, like the NDS Lite, Ipod, MacBook. Can't wait.

lilboiibubblez

Crystals aren't blue, they can technically be of any colour but standard ones are colourless and transparent. As for Emerald, firstly - it's a gem and not a colour (even if you take it as a colour, it's primarily a gem) and secondly, like you said, it was the first "green-coloured" game in the US.

I was referring to crystal as a blue game because of it's light blue game cartridge.
And emerald was indeed the first green coloured game in the US but since Japan has already had 2 games of the same colour I don't think they'd be worried about having 2 red games but I guess we'll just have to wait.

Smoke_Screen

Wooguru Rider
I have to admit Grey would be a sucky third game name, and Crimson or Scarlet would look/sound much better, For all we know it's possible it won't be grey, in my opinion Crystal has nothing to do with Gold/Silver I would have expected diamond or platinum at the time, but they've been subsequently used.

I'm neither won over or unhappy about Black/White it's the game and the pokemon that i'm interested in

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Funny how Gamefreak is going back to colors lol. Anyway when does Coro-Coro come out?

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
Like VerusMaya II said. We use these names in our every day life. There should be no problem with it. If there was, Nintendo wouldn't have released the Black Wii or made a Black DSi and the Xbox Elite would be differently coloured. Don't worry about racial controversy.

Jigglypuff5000

Awww. I wanted space centric names, personally.

It'll be interesting to see how the legendaries go with such an obvious Light / Dark theme though!

1ee7leader

I like these names, so simple.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I was referring to crystal as a blue game because of it's light blue game cartridge.
And emerald was indeed the first green coloured game in the US but since Japan has already had 2 games of the same colour I don't think they'd be worried about having 2 red games but I guess we'll just have to wait.

Eh, HGSS have black-ish game cards, so that doesn't really signify much. Emerald is still a gemstone, though.

Anyway, I'm hoping for Pokemon Chrome to be the third installment, though Scarlet/Crimson are pretty good, too.

theforgottensoldier

divide and conquer!
Pokemon black and white versions!

I'm kind of shocked with the name choice but the games are going to be awesome none the less. I guess there really isn't anything wrong with them and only immature people are actually going to make fun of the the names, nintendo can't be responsible for that.

I really like the names White and Black. They are simple and that's what makes them so cool. These days it's all about simple designs, like the NDS Lite, Ipod, MacBook. Can't wait.

What do those 3 things have in common?
They all have 4 sides

But yeah The colors are very basic and simple, that's why they appeal more to me, then Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver do.
I like the simplicity.
Back to the basics, let's hope for the games that they'll go back to the basics.

Steelia

forever.
I think Black and White is a HUGE step back from the titles of the 3rd and 4th generations, but whatever suits Gamefreak.

I'm just curious as to what they're going to call the Third Game. Pokemon Gray or Pokemon Brown? Pfft.

Maybe it's just me, but the titles sound reminiscent to those of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow... and I really don't think that's a coincidence.

In any case, yes, it's pretty sad that race issues are the first things being discussed in regards to this... But we've seen it happen before with one or two Pkmn.
If they ARE translated, I could live with them being called Light and Dark.

lilboiibubblez

Eh, HGSS have black-ish game cards, so that doesn't really signify much. Emerald is still a gemstone, though.

Anyway, I'm hoping for Pokemon Chrome to be the third installment, though Scarlet/Crimson are pretty good, too.

Yeah, chrome does sound pretty sick.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
OMG!! Ive just realised..

Wasn't their a picture somewhere that had like.. all the games in a circle, and at the top, their was an empty space for the new game?? I'm sure it was like that.. and it connected inbetween R/B/Y and HG/SS..

I think its connected :O I have to find that picture!

EDIT: HERE!!! Tell me that isn't connected (don't hurt me :p)
http://n-europe.com/games/poke5/1.jpg

EDIT #2: Actually, I think I am wrong, but itwas a good idea

Last edited:
OMG!! Ive just realised..

Wasn't their a picture somewhere that had like.. all the games in a circle, and at the top, their was an empty space for the new game?? I'm sure it was like that.. and it connected inbetween R/B/Y and HG/SS..

I think its connected :O I have to find that picture!

EDIT: HERE!!! Tell me that isn't connected (don't hurt me :p)
http://n-europe.com/games/poke5/1.jpg

EDIT #2: Actually, I think I am wrong, but itwas a good idea

Wait, is the circle image official? If so, it just became very intersting...

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Wait, is the circle image official? If so, it just became very intersting...

Yeah it is last I heard, but since its a circle I don't think it means anything, Red and Blue was the first games, HGSS were the latest, so there going to be seperated by the new game.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but is it confirmed that Black and White are on the DS and not the newer console that was announced a while ago?

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
maybe black and white being colors means they are starting fresh. it seems all games the games have been connected in some way some how. maybe 5th gen will be the first to NOT feature kanto. i'd want to choose black personally, but ultimate it depends on the mascot for that version.

ShanksD

It'll only be racist if the White version gives you a better start in your character's life, or the Black version allows you to be more cool.

Seriously though, think about it. Have you ever seen a black person or a white person? It's all browns and yellows and pasty pinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.