• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

poke_girl

The Amazing
am i the only one thinking that nintendo or gamefreak could be in trouble by using the color black?(like what happened with jinx.)maybe some fans will have a different impact with the colors?

It will only be considered racist if people decide white has the better Pokémon.
Oh and possibly by Fox news.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I seriously think that with all of the sucsess of the DSi that they wouldnt make a new DS system any time soon.

The 3DS has already been confirmed.

Except this is Nintendo, and this is Japan [they almost always get the new console / handheld before the end of the year its unveiled], thus come E3 the 3DS will be announced and these games will come out alongside it in Japan this year.

Except that this post says that Black and White have been finished. Unless they've already implemented features, which is unlikely as they would need testing on the 3DS, it's irrelevant if that and the games come out together. Still, I'm expecting some minor 3DS-exclusive feature anyway.

Well,that is completly true,but wouldnt it make the game a little more enjoyable?

Not really, they shouldn't have more than 2 regions in one game.

Just to be on the safe side, does anyone knows how much HG/SS space used on the cartridge?

About half the maximum capacity.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
First there was the COLOR GENERATION! Then came the METAL GENERATION! Next there was the JEWEL GENERATION! Most recently there was the GEMSTONE GENERATION!

Be prepared for now we have...

THE MONOCHROME GENERATION! Will the 3rd game be Pokemon Grey?

Indragon

Back in the USSR
It will only be considered racist if people decide white has the better Pokémon.
Oh and possibly by Fox news.

So if finally, the only difference between the two versions comes down to two Pokemon and the one in White has higher base stats, then the games are racist? What if Black had the better Pokemon? Still racist, huh.

I think everyone should stop jumping to racism whenever white or black is mentioned. Sheesh, colours people!!

Hmm..it'd be interesting if these are pre-equels to RBY...

I like it. Hopefully this time the name pertains to the story. I wouldn't mind a struggle between black/white.

Disappointing that this won't be a 3DS exclusive. We've already had two great games on the DS, I'm not sure how they can do a third game that is still fresh and innovative.

shac

I think it only makes logical sense for the third game to be Grey if the first 2 are Black and White. Anything else loses the connection in my opinion.

How about Ash? A little tribute to the anime hero does not hurt. Though I understand it only works for English names.....

Unlike many I don't mind the names, but I do agree that they could have shown more 'creativity' while at it. Of the many possible alternatives suggested, I liked the names 'onyx' and 'polar'. i wonder if Zoroark is going to be the version mascot for the Black version?

Jigglypuff5000

Ah ok, thanks. There might be then
Johto - Kanto and the new area in Black
Hoenn - Sinnoh and the new area in White
That would be quite a marketingstrategy

Hoenn I can get, but why Kanto and Johto - HG/SS just came out!

I'd rather there be one region than another nostalgia-fest [which has just been fulfilled] watering it down...

Oh, and I was also hoping for something more fresh and unique, like Sun and Moon, on the name front too.

Still, maybe we'll finally get a new type after all this time to make up for it.

Can't wait for the 3DS unveilment though!

Last edited:

poke_girl

The Amazing
So if finally, the only difference between the two versions comes down to two Pokemon and the one in White has higher base stats, then the games are racist? What if Black had the better Pokemon? Still racist, huh.

I think everyone should stop jumping to racism whenever white or black is mentioned. Sheesh, colours people!!

Hmm..it'd be interesting if these are pre-equels to RBY...

lol, I don't think it'll be racist my self. xD I'm just speculating what people could say in the media.

And maybe just some random people in general.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Ah ok, thanks. There might be then
Johto - Kanto and the new area in Black
Hoenn - Sinnoh and the new area in White
That would be quite a marketingstrategy

I'd restrict it to two regions in a game, otherwise there'd be level problems and possibly the game might get boring. Also, what you posted is a very stark contrast between the games, I don't think that Game Freak would do that.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Since they trademarked Black, White, Grey, Crimson, and Scarlet all together (a year ago), Black and White makes the most since to pair together.

Crob8

Crobat Kid
I didn't like the names at first, but now i'm starting to like them.
I hope the third version is Crimson, or something red. I just think it'd be awesome :p Grey/Gray would seem boring imo, and Brown... Even worse.
If they stick with using legendaries on the covers, I wonder what the legendaries will be for the covers, but I don't wanna stray off the topic of names xD

I'm guessing that, Like GSC and DPP are 3 years after RBY and RSE, BW? will be 3 years before RBY and RSE, just because the names seem simpler than Red/Blue/Yellow.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Disappointing that this won't be a 3DS exclusive. We've already had two great games on the DS, I'm not sure how they can do a third game that is still fresh and innovative.

I'm actually glad that this is for the DS. I'm not too fussed about buying a 3DS anytime soon.

How about Ash? A little tribute to the anime hero does not hurt. Though I understand it only works for English names.....

A cool idea actually, but Pokemon: Ash Version sounds...I dunno, a bit stupid ^^;

lol, I don't think it'll be racist my self. xD I'm just speculating what people could say in the media.

And maybe just some random people in general.

That's fine then =)

Crob8

Crobat Kid
I didn't like the names at first, but now i'm starting to like them.
I hope the third version is Crimson, or something red. I just think it'd be awesome :p Grey/Gray would seem boring imo, and Brown... Even worse.
If they stick with using legendaries on the covers, I wonder what the legendaries will be for the covers, but I don't wanna stray off the topic of names xD

I'm guessing that, Like GSC and DPP are 3 years after RBY and RSE, BW? will be 3 years before RBY and RSE, just because the names seem simpler than Red/Blue/Yellow.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Since they trademarked Black, White, Grey, Crimson, and Scarlet all together (a year ago), Black and White makes the most since to pair together.

So Grey probably is the third game. Probably be releashed 6 months before the death of the DS and the full rise of the 3DS.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Hmm the updated logo is nice, but it feels like the Megaman NT logo if you look at it for a while. Nonetheless the names are simple, and expected, yet they do have a certain charm in their simplicity. I wonder if the more info on the 15th includes the first screenshots.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I do agree that SOMEONE will complain about the names, just because people like to have something to complain about, but honestly, they're just colors.

Christofurr

Like many a fan, the pokemon games I'd invented in MY head were Pokemon Ebony and Pokemon Ivory (before this news came out) - they could go down this route, with the inevitable third game being Pokemon Marble or something...

Blazing Charmander

The names really surprised me when I first saw them this morning; I was really expecting new gemstone names or a totally new genre. At first I couldn't take to 'Black' and 'White' as they seemed even more primitive than Red and Blue even, but thinking about it now I love how Game Freak are taking the series back to its roots with colours. If Masuda's blog is accurate as well, then they would seem appropriate names for games that try to replicate the birth of the series like Red and Blue did. I can't wait to see how these games will attempt to carry out that feat.

I agree with the majority as well that Pokemon Grey will inevitably be the third version lol. Bring on CoroCoro and Pokemon Sunday!

Zalman

Master of Puppets
Omg. This announcement blew my mind. Awesome names. Too bad we won't get those awesome logos.

Can't wait for gameplay/boxarts/new Pokémon/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.