• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Hmm the updated logo is nice, but it feels like the Megaman NT logo if you look at it for a while. Nonetheless the names are simple, and expected, yet they do have a certain charm in their simplicity. I wonder if the more info on the 15th includes the first screenshots.

I would expect the first screenshots from Corocoro which is "technically" released on the 15th of each month, but leaks onto the internet around the 10th of each month.

I'm just excited because no matter what we're getting new information tomorrow.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Omg. This announcement blew my mind. Awesome names. Too bad we won't get those awesome logos.

Can't wait for gameplay/boxarts/new Pokémon/etc.

We did with HG/SS
What do people we will get from coro-coro?
Screenshots? New Pokemon? Trainer Artwork?

Sponge

To me Black & White are far less complicated names than previous ones....and it kinda feels like the names represent this innovative change the developers are talking about.

Also I don't think the games will have anything to do with good & evil.....the reason for this is that nothing in the previous games had anything to do with it's names....like there wasn't Team Red or Team Blue in the originals trying to catch the legendary Redmon or Bluemon....

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Like many a fan, the pokemon games I'd invented in MY head were Pokemon Ebony and Pokemon Ivory (before this news came out) - they could go down this route, with the inevitable third game being Pokemon Marble or something...

They already went down another one...

New information tomorrow? Bring it on, I say =P

Jigglypuff5000

We did with HG/SS
What do people we will get from coro-coro?
Screenshots? New Pokemon? Trainer Artwork?

I think we'll get the trainer artwork, the logos and a new pokemon silhouette from Coro Coro.

The games will be properly unveiled, screenshots and other media come E3 [with the 3DS] methinks.

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I hope we get:

Logos (already have)
Trainers (maybe)
Starter Pokemon (PLEASE!)
and possible Boxart preview

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I think we'll get the trainer artwork, the logos and a new pokemon silhouette from Coro Coro.

The games will be properly unveiled, screenshots and other media come E3 methinks.
E3 never revealed anything on a Pokemon game for Japan, so that ones unlikely. Screens probably could come with Coro Coro, if we take into account how HGSS started with this same exact process.

JJJKraan123

Ninja trainer
I wonder what the name of the third game will be? And maybe the third game will be on the 3DS, because it would be a huge improvement with better graphics and other new possibilities

Black and White does seem a little simplistic and not very original. But does it really matter? These games will sell millions of copies even if they were Pokemon PuffyPink and PrettyPeach.

SteelArson

I personally think that the use of black and white as the colours for the new games is very creative, not 100% original but the connotations make the titles a lot creative and interesting than all of the other games.

Red, Blue, Green, Yellow; The colours of the starters.
Gold, Silver, Crystal; Colours of the version representatives.
Ruby, sapphire, emerald; Gems matched to the legendary trio of earth water and sky
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum; Can't see much of a link expect to follow the trend.

Now Black and White are the most creative they could have gone whilst staying in the theme and not being stupid. The Connotations are the massive contrast between the two, one connoting light and freedom, whilst the other connotes darkness and entrapment. These two conflicts could lead to a conflic between the representatives or in the themes of the games themselves. It has been said that the 5th gen games will bring about a "revolution in pokemon" and this could mean anything from better graphics, game engine pokemon, new types or the way the games are distinguished from each other.

I like the classy simplicity and i have big hopes for the 5th gen. Concidering how Zoroark looks i recon we might just see a more jhoto-esc style gen rather than pokemon the likes of lickylicky and rhyperior.

Optimism never hurt anyone, it just gave us that glimps of happiness that we otherwise would have missed out on =)

Ps: If they did descide to change the names in the english version out of fear of racism then they could go for the latin alternative Niveus & Niger. That way there would be no controvercy what so ever =)

Last edited:

Jigglypuff5000

I wonder what the name of the third game will be? And maybe the third game will be on the 3DS, because it would be a huge improvement with better graphics and other new possibilities

Or they'll all be for the 3DS [which is BC with the DS anyway]...

Nintendo dates are never set in stone until a few months before. Remember that kids.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Most likely, this reminds me a lot of gen 2 where crystal was GBC only.

Indragon

Back in the USSR

I'm hoping for Chrome (essentially this) or Scarlet/Crimson as my secondary choices.

Black and White does seem a little simplistic and not very original. But does it really matter? These games will sell millions of copies even if they were Pokemon PuffyPink and PrettyPeach.

Well, it'd definitely affect the sales somewhat. The target demopgraphic is quite fickle. If the games were called PuffyPink (lol), then the boys would go "PuffyPink? Eww! Pink is for guurlz, I ain't getting it, no way", etc.

kemal07

Yeh, I also believe it's very creative as it sounds alot serious then the previous names even if it is simple colours (black and white). Just look at the list SteelArson listed above. While reading through them i noticed how Black and White gives a more impact of seriosness

jellsprout

Ps: If they did descide to change the names in the english version out of fear of racism then they could go for the latin alternative Niveus & Niger. That way there would be no controvercy what so ever =)

Somehow I don't think that naming one version Niger is going to make the titles less controversial.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Or they'll all be for the 3DS [which is BC with the DS anyway]...

Nintendo dates are never set in stone until a few months before. Remember that kids.
Are you frikin for real? They've said DS 100 million times, over the moon and back. The only thing the 3DS is getting from these games are some special features like how GS got color on the GBC, and maybe some more. Otherwise only thing you should expect for the 3DS is the 3rd game.

Status
Not open for further replies.