1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kindrindra

Kindrindra 大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Actually, it's a shade.

2. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Oh em ge. Interesting to get the names of the games and the logos look pretty darn snazy if I may say. Kind of uncreative and odd for them to use black and white as a basis for the game's names since I thought they'd stick with gems and not go back to colors.

3. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

It'll be awesome to see the Black and White Box Legends though. The Box Legend for Pokemon Brown will be a giant pile of crap.

But no, actually, once we see the third Legend in BW we'll MOST LIKELY be able to instantly guess the title of the third game. Yay for using simplistic one-dimensional colors...

4. talala

talala Well-Known Member

they were the first games in the series, nothing wrong with no creativity over a decade ago...

5. bobandbill

bobandbill Winning Smile Staff Member Super Mod

There's a reason for this. It's because if we allowed speculation, most of it stupid and repetitive and spammy, there will be so much spam it wouldn't be funny. If people were around the pre-D/P/Pt days... yeah. We had people suggesting DOG TYPES. D=

So until we have more info to discuss, it's just the game names only. Watch this thread get many pages just on that topic alone. =P

6. Mawile412

Mawile412 Problem

i think black and white is pretty classy, it appeals to me more than diamond and pearl :\

7. Sabonea_Masukippa

Sabonea_Masukippa Well-Known Member

Based on names and a logo?

And what makes them less creative than the names of the previous generations? What names wouldn't have been uncreative?

Sure I can see how you might come to that conclusion ... it's a fairly big and common motif in art in many societies.

But how do you know they've not got something creative coming? Maybe they're actually going to do something with those titles that'll have in game relevance (good vs. evil, light vs. dark, yin vs. yang or I dunno something)? More so than the titles of the previous gens?

Or maybe the black and white is to signify going back to basics? Or rebooting the franchise?

8. Ryo

Ryo o rly?

I actually like the fact that it sounds as if they may be taking a simplified approach to the next gen. It gives them a chance to retrace the routes of Red/Blue and be creatively original and simple.

Lawlzz

9. VerusMaya II

VerusMaya II 75° crazy

Where would you expect them to go? They chose increasingly rarer metals up until Diamond (the hardest natural material) and Platinum (the most expensive metal), so how could they top that? Start picking from the periodic table? Returning to solid colors is a perfectly viable option.

10. talala

talala Well-Known Member

wtf? whats wrong with people? XD

we'll get a ton of pages by the end of the day (the 9th) on the names alone, then tomorrow night when we get more info from sunday/corocoro theres gonna be so many pages (and so much lag D=) it won't be funny

11. Brave Birdy

Brave Birdy Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

And with all this "omg its racist" talk.
    Its only been like 10 minutes and its already gotten old.

12. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

I doubt that that with the whole Jynx situation Nintendo wants to risk it plus Pokemon is what's helping nintendo thrive you don't see new Mario or Link games getting released every 3-6 months what do you think Nintendo's living on Love? They could always call them Pokemon "Koku"(Koku=Black) and Pokemon "Shiro"(Shiro=White) but Shiro probably sounds to close to シロミ(Shiromi=Egg White) Pokketo Munsuta Bulakku and Wihito ポッケトームンスターブァックーウィヒト I'm guessing would be the official Katakana name?

13. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Lol well at least, judging from the titles, they've decided to start off Gen 5 with something fresh as opposed to using recycled ideas. I was expecting some more info though, aside from game titles.

14. talala

talala Well-Known Member

didn't the creator say we would all be saying "lolwut is this really pokemon?", this is only the beginning

15. Ecco Blade

Ecco Blade Angry PokeBird

I'm looking forward to these games. but, black and white? they could be a little more creative...

16. talala

talala Well-Known Member

we'll get more information by tomorrow night (the 10th)

17. VerusMaya II

VerusMaya II 75° crazy

ポケットモンスター (po-ke-tto mo-n-su-taa) ブラック (bu-ra-kku) & ホワイト (ho-wa-i-to)

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It's hilarious how everyone sees "Black & White" and goes OH MY GOD THIS WILL BE SO RACIST OH MY GOD WHAT WILL THE REAL DEAL ENGLISH NAMES BE????

Anyway, I think it's neat they went back to colors. Though I'm sure this will make any and all speculation unbelievably annoying beyond all comprehension.

19. SketchFox7

SketchFox7 Well-Known Member

Dark and Light also Ebony and Ivory would be likely alternatives for the game names if they did choose to change them in America

20. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Well, the titles certainly gave me a "lolwut is this really pokemon?" reaction. I love how fresh the logos look though. I'm working on cropping a Pokemon White logo as we speak. I want to get into the craze before everyone else does it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.