• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
What I don't understand is when has GameFreak/Nintendo ever put that PokeBall on the left side?

If it wasn't confirmed by so many sites, I may believe they were fake.

Someone on PokeBeach mentioned the titles could hint at them being focused on the past, but when I remembered they have added new pokemon, that went out the window.

Ps, based on the titles, I'm leaning towards getting White.

It's always been there since Gen3, but now they made it bigger and instead of making the entire pokeball the circle, they have now made the button in the center the circle

vlgame015955.jpg

SnorlaxRules

On the racial point, if nintendo had called the games 'Pokemon Normal' and 'Pokemon Black' then, yes, obviously there would be a problem, but as everyone is saying, its just black and white, it only that, you can't stop having the word black becuase of racial issues, nintendo will have to be careful though, they COULD get into trouble with the names, if Pokemon white considerably outsells pokemon black in western countries or visa versa, then they could be blamed for something that they shouldn't be. As i posted earlier black and white are the only two 'colours' (lack of, all of *yawn* blah blah) they mean nothing. In any case in racial terms Black and White cancel each other out, they're excellent names and that should be where it ends.

Takoyaki

Hmm.

Did you notice that the logos are "inverted"?

picture.php

Pokémon Black.

picture.php

Pokémon White.

I could swear the names were matching the backgrounds, not the font colors.

(pointed out by Skymin Flower on Smogon forums)

The names definitely say Black for the logo in the black font and White for the logo in the white font.

In Japanese it is pronounced 'Buu・raku' and 'Ho・wai・to'. To is pronounced the same as the word toe.

Cello

bang.BANG.
Does nobody remember Black & White, the old popular PC game made by Lion Head?
How much heat did they take for the name of their game?
None.

There's your answer, now stop being pessimistic.

anmras

Oh, so you're the idiot that got this race debate started in here.

Don't name call :(. If he/she hadn't done it someone else would have.

Necabo - Regardless about how much thought was put into the decision, ultimately is the game designer's decision. The translation/marketing teams for other countries would have pretty much no say.

I agree with Timetraveler:pikachu. The game titles aren't necessarily racist at all, but I can see some people getting angry because it seems like a discriminatory label: white is for whites, black is for blacks. It's an unfortunate thing but I doubt the titles will be easily accepted by everyone. Most likely the people protesting it won't even be players of the game.

Then again: the adding of white or black legendaries could stop it before it starts really. I mean, they released yellow without much (if any) racial protest and it seems to have gone on fine with Pikachu redeeming the colour. Then again, those were different times, and the world today may not be so accepting (ironic much?).

ForeverFlame

Oh wow, so the logo with the white background is Black, and the logo with the black background is White? I totally got them mixed up last night. Most likely because it was 3:00am and I was too tired/excited to notice that I was going by the background colors and not the title colors.

shanev11

I like the title white and black but i have 1 question. Will they be compatiable with the pokewalker

Jigglypuff5000

Does nobody remember Black & White, the old popular PC game made by Lion Head?
How much heat did they take for the name of their game?
None.

There's your answer, now stop being pessimistic.

This.

Now unless a new feature is that you play as the good team in White [and vice versa], then Nintendo will get no flank for this at all.

Of course, this is the interwebs, a haven that confirms that humanity still needs to mature in many such respects...

As for associations to White and Black, here's a bunch:

White projects purity, cleanliness, and neutrality. Doctors don white coats, brides traditionally were white gowns and a white picket fence surrounds a safe and happy home.

* aids mental clarity
* encourages us to clear clutter or obstacles
* evokes purification of thoughts or actions
* enables fresh beginnings

Black is authoritative and powerful; because black can evoke strong emotions too much can be overwhelming. A classic color for clothing possibly because it makes the wearer appear thinner and more sophisticated.

* feeling inconspicuous
* a restful emptiness
* mysterious evoking a sense of potential and possibility.

Both very opt choices for 'new beginnings', as this generation has been tooted to be for the series [even if I was fond on Sun and Moon, personally].

KurowaSan

Croissant Kamen \o/
As the original 3 games in Japan were Red/Green and then Blue (as in the RGB color model), maybe the Black/White has something to do with it. Like a new start for the series or a story set in the past or they're just cool names.

Elxar

I think if they ever change the US names, I'd go for Ebony and Ivory.

Mitja

Veteran smartass
I thought about this for some time now. Perfect choice IMO.

They started with colors: green(blue) red

Then with the 2nd generation they thought these were going to be the final games in the series and named them Gold and Silver.

The third generation was a totally new start, and the decision to name them after gems was brilliant.

The fourth generation, they decided to be the ultimate generation, with the ultimate legends, evolutions, story etc and the ultimate names: Diamond Pearl Platinum

I wouldn't like it if they would have continued with a new set of random gems for the 5th generation. This is great.

Mercury Lamp

And there was snow..
I'm glad they went back to colors like in firts games. Seems they're trying to make important changes on these games. If Black and white are gonna be out on 2011....that means the third one will release on 2013?!! in three years!!

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I think we should wait till official info comes out, everyone is making BIG accusations and their getting EVERYWHERE! :L

Takoyaki

f7ef33fa.jpg

Sorry, I thought it was real for a minute but realised it was a fake.

Last edited:

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Ok first of all...*screams*...its finally here.

So black and white, it got me very excited as I immediately thought we were starting all over again, like the first 4 generation had a line drawn and the 5th is the start of a new era for pokemon.

However, the more I think about it, im less convinced but I still like the idea.

I would say more but thats speculation, I will just continue to read everyone elses thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.