1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

No it's not. I learned about this in school when I was 6 or 7. I thought this was something that was widely taught and known.

2. The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites VeritatemDiesAperit

I don't think they could even reference the atomic bomb in this game. Maybe instead an evil team took over the city but has since disappeared. Or a pokemon took over the city previously but was banished (like Giratina).

3. Arceus - The Original One

Arceus - The Original One Ruler of Isshu

Team Galactic blew up Lake Valor (I Think) with a Galactic Bomb, so they could reach Azelf, although you didn't see it happen, it did happen. And they referenced it alot as well, they referenced it in Celestic Town when one member of Team Galactic went suicide bomber on us.

4. Grei

Grei not the color

I'm not so sure. At the most, I think they'd have a memorial, with a sign or somebody saying "This memorial is in dedication to a girl who once died." They could also mention that "she once constructed 1000 paper cranes so that her wishes would come true" if those paper cranes were hanging or set around the memorial, but even then one would have to wonder what her wish would be. Then, the wish would need to be explained in-game to make the statement sound less random.

So it would just be a memorial for a girl who died, with no in-game explanation as to how she died. And that's pointless, especially in something that acts as a child's way of escaping from reality. I just don't see it happening.

If they adapted her story to something Pokemon-related, I could totally see it. But I don't really expect it at all.

5. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

So are we talking about the fact that the city highly resembles Hiroshima?

I personally think it makes sense. Hiroshima is in Chūgoku, which hasn't been made into a region yet.

6. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

that is a really good idea. If this is the region the games will based off I would enjoy having two large areas to explore

7. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Are we discussing how the city might be Hiroshima and there might be a reference to The Bomb?

Um...obviously I'm not 100% on this but...isn't that bombing still kind of a thing with Japan? Like, not taboo, but something not brought up?
    Granted, I may be thinking of Germany & Hitler and going from there.

8. Arceus - The Original One

Arceus - The Original One Ruler of Isshu

It would have to be Pokemon related to be in Pokemon :p
    And I don't think it's that morbid to be honest, you can't wrap kids in cotton wool these days.

9. .:Alex:.

.:Alex:. Well-Known Member

I suspect that either the feature is no longer present, or it's disabled to prevent showing any new Pokemon.

Because otherwise there would be some screenshots with a follower, and some without. That would just be confusing.

As for Hiroshima, I'd imagine there would be some ruins and they'll just tastefully skirt around it. Some references in dialogue, but nothing too specific or detailed. Mentions of a great calamity, and peace being important etc. It'd take away from the focus of the game, for a start, if they got too into it.

10. Grei

Grei not the color

And yet they are. It may be my personal belief but it truly seems like, compared to past generations, kids are much more sheltered now. So much more isn't talked about in front of them for fear of scarring them and ruining their childhoods. At least in the US, things like the media--especially television--is sugarcoated and altered to make things "nicer" for kids. In Japan, I know not as much is censored or sugarcoated, but that doesn't warrant a reference to something so morbid in Japan's history.

Because a reference to the massacre of thousands of Japanese citizens is, in fact, morbid. The atomic bombing of Hiroshima is probably something that isn't mentioned, like Snowyarticuno stated. I just don't see that sort of reference. Additionally, the girl's wish did not come true--that's not sending the best message to kids either.

If it was something like:

"Long ago, a young girl wanted her sick Pokemon to get better. To wish for her Pokemon to be healed, she constructed 1000 paper cranes. However, in her determination to help her Pokemon, the girl fell ill herself and died. This memorial was built in remembrance to her selflessness and deep compassion for her Pokemon."

It'd be a bit more acceptable. But referencing the bombing of Hiroshima in Black and White? I doubt it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  11. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Calling out Hiroshima in these games is very unlikely. Maybe having a Legendary save this land from a ravage warlord sure, but other then that, no.

12. Phantom champion Z

Phantom champion Z Well-Known Member

so were talking about hiroshima now. okay the bomb thing i doubt will just because this is a childrens game. just like how a geman childrens game wouldnt have the holocaust and american game wouldnt bring up slavery. they are disgusting parts of human history that we should learn from as to not allow it to happen again. not adapt into a game and have fun with.

13. Mario with Lasers

Mario with Lasers Unfazeable

What if the girl's wish was for no more atomic bombs? Except for that Soviet bomb a few years later, I guess her wish came true, after all.

Hmm yes, I could see that happening. Those who know the "true story" will catch the reference while the kids won't, but will have a cute/sad story instead.

I guess the Dragon should be Ghost. So then, one cannot touch the other.

14. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Totally would go for Black, dragons kickass.

15. giratina118

giratina118 New Member

yeh i wud go for black if it is dragons i hope it is.

16. TheUltimateTrainer

TheUltimateTrainer The lost trainer

I agree with this, like they once said in a manga that I has readed, "a dragon cannot reach a tiger in earth (the rest of this part wasn't said the manga) and a tiger cannot reach the dragon"

17. theforgottensoldier

theforgottensoldier divide and conquer!

That would be awesome if the legendary for pokemon white was in fact a white tiger. I can't wait for them to reveal the box legendaries. I'm also sold on the next region being based off of Chugoku/Shikoku because all the pieces seem to fit so far though I did notice a few holes with Kurowasan's theory.

18. Profile

Profile >w<

I find the whole 'Dragon is Yang Tiger is Yin' thing interesting, but what if it were to go by the traits of the Chinese Zodiac? The Dragon and the Tiger are part of the zodiac, and according to Wikipedia...

Yang (light) is the Rat, Tiger, Dragon, Horse, Monkey and Dog. Yin (dark) is Ox, Rabbit, Snake, Sheep, Rooster, and Pig. Both the tiger and dragon are of the Yang.

Then again, I might be completely wrong as I'm going by something completely different.

HOWEVER, if we do go by the picture BUT by the fact that Yang is light and Yin is dark...Then the typing that was predicted by Top Percentage is incorrect. In fact, that picture is incorrect. The Dragon should be over the white portion, and the tiger the black portion.

But this is all speculation. For all we know the legendaries could be a duck and a moose.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  19. Neurotic Nuckelavee

Neurotic Nuckelavee Monochromatic Beast

I like the idea of the Yin & Yang Dragon and Tiger based legendaries. It seems like a plausible speculation, if it turned out to be true I would have to get White for the Tiger.

KurowaSan has also sold me on their theory, now we just have to wait and see.

20. Tickle Me Cooper

Tickle Me Cooper A Black Protagonist

Well understand that while The Fighting/Normal type can't hit the Dark/Ghost at all, the D/G can only hit the F/N with a not very effective Dark attack. Also bare in mind how limited the the D/G type is movepool wise vs the very wide variety of moves a Normal type can carry. The checks and balences of the two dieties would match up nicely. Besides, look at Groundon vs Kyrogre. Dialga vs Palkia. There are clear type matching that don't seem to match up, yet they still match pretty evenly. Rayquaza and Kyrogre both have the type advantage over Groudon, yet Groudon has both Solar beam and a large arangment of Rock type moves to even the playing feild. I feel that with the Normal type in under it's belt, Mr. F/N should have no problem doing a similar thing with the Earth and Underworld dieties, although the only one that really matters is the Underworld one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.