• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilias

Emerging Trainer
does no one seems to care about the horribly pixelated sprites ._. I'm playing HG now and the sprites look much better than in BW... I hope it will be fixed,, just look at zorua and zoroark's back sprite! I see red blue style sprites only with bright colors o_O

I love Hiun city OwO!

megachu17

The sprites in Corocoro are almost certainly fillers.(place-holders, put there because 1) The official sprites arn't ready yet, or 2) They don't want to revieal the official sprites yet)

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
does no one seems to care about the horribly pixelated sprites ._. I'm playing HG now and the sprites look much better than in BW... I hope it will be fixed,, just look at zorua and zoroark's back sprite! I see red blue style sprites only with bright colors o_O

I love Hiun city OwO!

I was noticing that too....I'm hoping they'll fix that, it doesn't look like that in ALL the pics though, so I'm not sure. But yeah Zoroark's backsprite is hard to look at at the moment.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Aww, really? I thought the screenshots were resized, I was thinking theyd be smart enough to make the Idle selecting attack sprite that size then resize for everything else.

Oh, well, I'll get over it :3

MaToVy

Swallowing Swalot
Yeah, me to :3 Because, hey, we got full back sprites :D It looks like the sprite is closer and only half of it is seen during the idle and when the poke is being attacked, but it moves forth when it attacks :D And some of the attacks are 3d too.

Last edited:

srullic

Wow, looks like that Huin city is going to be the biggest city so far.
and i read on pokebeach that Huin means bad luck and misery o_O that's wierd...

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Don't tell me I'm the only one who likes Tsutaaja, Pokabu and Mijumaru? Instead of None, One or Two?

If you want to be specific.

Tsutaaja: Gentlesnake. I love this guy, he looks like a smug, magnificant bastard. He looks pimpin'. He looks badass. If you put him in a Spy suit he would fit right into Team Fortress 2. I love him. Only Grovyle and Mudkip are slightly better than Tsutaaja and Tsutaaja still gives them a run for their money. Totally going with this guy first, calling it Spahsnake and It will specalise in sappin' sentries , seedin' and absorbin' HP.

Pokabu: As cute as it is, it's my least favorite out of the three. I thought that a Donkey or Rabbit would look cuter, but it's still cute. Getting one and calling it KrisPBacon.

Mijumaru: It's just so adroable and woobie! Another reason why I love it is because it looks exactly like I thought it would bar the seashell (I thought it would be seaweed) and the round nose (I thought it would be triangular). getting one and calling it Pipkin.

Last edited:

Jigglypuff5000

Hmm, just read-up on the latest news [or re-clarifications, as it were].

Zoroark sounds like a tricky customer. I hope at least one trainer [or E4 member] uses him in the game [I assume Zoroark doesn't initially appear as the opponent Pokemon's name] to catch me off guard!

Of course that depends on whether I can actually get him without an event [unless they finally standardise Wifi events]...

As for the static battle sprites, there is only about five months or so till Japan gets it [and the 3DS], so I think they'd be past the beta stage by now [and not advertising the game on beta screens].
Not that they bother me [though I still wish they'd done a big push and put them on the 3DS].

Hi I'm new to the site, but I've been reading the forums for a long time now, finally decided to make an account :p.

The Grass type starter looks the most kickass out of the 3 imo, I hope it evolves into a king cobra Pokemon seeing as it's a lizard/snake.

The Fire type starter has to be the cutest though, I mean it's a flaming pig what more do you want XD. Reckon he will become a wild boar.

Not so keen on the water one, I would of hoped for a Water/Ice polar bear Pokemon - that would be sick!

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
Her shorts just look like cut-off jeans, with the things that look like Klonoa's ears being pockets. Those are worn fairly common. They are also not that short, and also worn fairly common. Seeing as they're supposed to be older, seeing a teenage, female protagonist wearing shorts like that is actually pretty typical. If you think not, go to your local high school...

As for the new Pokémon, I was hoping for something more unique, as it seems they're retreading ideas, but I guess the starters should really be the most familiar 'Mon in the game. Liking the fire starter, the grass one is meh, and I think the water one is kind of ugly, to be honest. Hoping the snake becomes grass/ground, the pig, as already mentioned quite a bit, fire/dark, and the otter water/ice.

The problem is that if they made the starters any more unique, gen 1 misers would boo and hiss about how weird the designs are and 'how Pokemon was better back when there was only 150'

conejoz

Miscelaneous Trainer
Hi I'm new to the site, but I've been reading the forums for a long time now, finally decided to make an account :p.

The Grass type starter looks the most kickass out of the 3 imo, I hope it evolves into a king cobra Pokemon seeing as it's a lizard/snake.

The Fire type starter has to be the cutest though, I mean it's a flaming pig what more do you want XD. Reckon he will become a wild boar.

Not so keen on the water one, I would of hoped for a Water/Ice polar bear Pokemon - that would be sick!

please dont cuss
im still seing the pics and the game looks awsome
i still think they should add a jungle insted of forest

conejoz

Miscelaneous Trainer

please dont cuss
im still seing the pics and the game looks awsome
i still think they should add a jungle insted of forest

Ryanide

I JUST LOEV WALLs!1
Guys, there is a reason those sprites are pixellated.

This game, unlike HGSS, clearly uses two perspectives: zoom in and zoom out.

Sprites are not like normal raster or 3D images. Due to them being low-res, they do not enjoy being resized. if you make a sprite at 100% and then try to downscale it, you get horrible clipping along the lines, because the graphics are trying to create a line that's even thinner than one pixel unit, which is impossible.

This is why the 'zoomed out' look needs to be the sprite's default. What we're getting in the 'zoomed in' view is the sprite at 2x it's original size. The 'true' size of the sprite is when the camera zooms out during the pokemon's attack.

Say they made the sprites at a regular size. Every time the camera zooms out, the sprite would be scaled down and the edges would clip. but since sprites can resize by doubles (25%, 50%, 100%) without losing their original form, then the team has decided to let us have the 200% version as the zoom in shot, which is probably the best you're going to get.

I've worked with sprites. It's not as easy to make them behave nicely as you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.