• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchimiste

On another note, I noticed that your pokemon arent's following you in the videos and screenshots.Will this be a toggle-able option or are we going to lose that peice of aweome?

That's the first thing I noticed as well, and I do hope it's an option that can be turned off or on. That's what I have enjoyed the most about HGSS and I really do hope they keep it in the next generation.

Rampaging Rodent

The other white meat
Also, Gold/Silver can be played on ANY Gameboy, even the really old ones, but it had enhanced features when playing on a Gameboy Color. Crystal could only be played on a Gameboy Color.

And because of that, I speculate that Black/White will have DSi/3DS enhancements, while the 3rd version will probably be DSi/3DS only. I'm not really sure if there's any DSi only games, though... are there?
First off, there are DSiWare games, and there are also a few games specific to the DSi (Like WarioWare Photograph.)

Secondly, what does anyone think about those pokemon that can't really move, such as: Voltorb, Electrode, Unown, and Shedinja? How could there really be animations for those poor guys?

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar

Secondly, what does anyone think about those pokemon that can't really move, such as: Voltorb, Electrode, Unown, and Shedinja? How could there really be animations for those poor guys?

Maybe they just wobble back and forth? I dunno, this isn't the speculation thread, so I'll stop there.
I hope the Pokemon can follow you, I like it a lot in HGSS, but if it isn't in BW, I guess it wouldn't kill me.

DSDark

Breeder
one of things i'm really annoyed with is Entei's sprite is based off it's DPt sprite and not it's HGSS sprite. I hope it doesn't translate to all of the pokemon

PKMN Trainer Manson

I highly doubt that these starters are EV invested.
pokabu bieng bulky most likely means it will be a UU. with a stealth rock weakness, it has to have some kind of extraordinary trait that would make it usable, like zapdos' unique typing. and since it's a starter, it will most likely not have some special trait. overall i think those starters will be UU-

Someone on Smogon was actually able to calculate Pokabu's HP from the HP bar in the Corocoro scan. It was something like 60... which is the highest out of any previous starter, with the second highest being Mudkip with 50. That still kinda sucks though, since being a Fire-type Pokemon does not incline you to soak up hits... at all. Most people think it will become part Ground, which would help out against Stealth Rock like Fighting did for Infernape. And it'll hopefully get Slack Off, which seems relatively fitting to me. But even with built-in recovery and neutrality to Stealth Rock, being a Fire-type dooms it to mediocrity as a wall unless Gamefreak introduces something to change that.

Hate to be all negative, though, since I like Pokabu. At the very least, it'll be an interesting Pokemon. There are oh-so-few wallish Fire-types (out of oh-so-few Fire-types...). It also seems destined to become something pretty cool looking, IMO. Maybe we'll get a souped-up Arcanine! Really getting into speculation territory now, though, so I should stop here.

Last edited:

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
One small peeve that has been bothering me is Zoroak's sprites face. I mean he has such a pointy snout and the sprite's is too round. But I guess this has potential for correction at this point in production.

Also excited about older Characters... it just makes more sense!

Starting to warm up to the starters also...I've noticed that this generation has starters with more color variations other than the typical red,blue,green dominant colors schemes for starter pokemon Take the water pokemon for example white is a very predominant color. The Fire type has black as a dominant color.

The only time we've seen this so far is Cyndaquil not having orange as its dominant color.

I also hope for pokemon following you. If this doesn't happen I will be really disappointed I mean they already have most of the sprites they just need new ones for the new pokemon.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Secondly, what does anyone think about those pokemon that can't really move, such as: Voltorb, Electrode, Unown, and Shedinja? How could there really be animations for those poor guys? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

For Unown, Pokemon Crystal says hello.

Anyway, it's nice to see more animation in the handheld series of games.

It's also nice to see them add more depth to the background in those certain 3-D areas.

Xanron

I'm on my way
I don't really like how GF gives you new ffeatures then takes them away. They gave us day/night in GSC and took it away in R/S then gave it back. I think they'll take away the pokemon companion thing with pokemon following you.

Last edited:

mannyguy

Cascade Trainer
For Shedinja and Unown they'll probably just hover up and down I assume. For voltorb and electrode they'll slightly roll forward and backwards I assume.

I'm also frustrated with how they take away features that they previously introduced. Heres hoping night/day and pokemon following you sticks around.

Xanron

I'm on my way
I think the whole pokemon following the trainer thing is over. GF took it away.
I really seems like it.

Grei

not the color
For Shedinja and Unown they'll probably just hover up and down I assume. For voltorb and electrode they'll slightly roll forward and backwards I assume.

I'm also frustrated with how they take away features that they previously introduced. Heres hoping night/day and pokemon following you sticks around.

I'm pretty positive that following Pokemon won't be happening with Black and White. However, if night and day are removed, I'm going to hurt somebody. It takes away pretty much ALL of the realistic aspect of it when it's perpetually daytime.

Coldwave44

The Trading Breeder
However, if night and day are removed, I'm going to hurt somebody.

I was just thinking about this... It's such a nice feature too I hope it stays. >.<

O.J. da Juiceman

I think the thing is is that they removed it for absolutely no reason in Third Gen. So the possibility is always there.

Yeah... But that was a system transition (gbc to gba) and a total overhaul of the series (changing all the stuff with IVs and other underlying data from the gbc games). This is on the same system, and with no doubt the same underlying schematics.

I'm positive the day/night system will stick around, no worries =D

PKMN Trainer Manson

As I'm sure everyone knows, it was GSC's day/night system that caused the internal battery problems. I recall that they weren't able to fix the problem in the GBA games, so they had left it out, which is why the system wasn't in any of the Gen 3 games. It was disappointing but kinda necessary!

Akimoto-Kenta

F*ck Yeah! Seaking!
I'm pretty positive that following Pokemon won't be happening with Black and White. However, if night and day are removed, I'm going to hurt somebody. It takes away pretty much ALL of the realistic aspect of it when it's perpetually daytime.
It's true that it will take awey some realism,. But I for one only play pokemon in the evenings so it's almost always dark in-game... and changing the DS clock is a *****.

Pokefan Beat

Onward, ho!!!
I don't really like how GF gives you new ffeatures then takes them away. They gave us day/night in GSC and took it away in R/S then gave it back. I think they'll take away the pokemon companion thing with pokemon following you.

Well, technically wasn't the Pokemon followwing mechanics introduced in Pokemon Yellow, with Pikachu following you around and reactions and such? It could be that Gamefreak is waiting to reveal that the Pokemon following option still exists and is toggleable, or that you can only earn that ability, kind of like the 'missions' in DPPt to get the digging tools and stuff. It is still pretty early on in the reveal process, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.