• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
lol i finally got around to checking serebii today like 10 mins ago and saw the banner and did a total double take, i was like wtf???? wtf? wtf? wtf? no wayyyy OMFG those are awesome!!!! and then i laughed cuz theyre even more "mech-y" than dialga and palkia, its like digimon, transformers, and pokemon wrapped up into one, well 2 in this case lol, it looks to me like zekrom will finally be the dark/steel combo some ppl have been wanting for a while, that would be sick if so, and we may just be getting that light type after all looking at reshiram, and considering the prism effect on the undersides of its features, nothing else fits the bill... but anyways ya, AWESOME XD now i just gotta wait for bulbapedia to make articles on them so i can save their stock art to my collection ^.^ now back to warstorm beta on facebook haha

Last edited:

Duality Ninja

LOLWUT IM PR0ZORZ
Hahahahahaha everyone in this thread now wants to buy White. I'm so buying White. Zekrom looks Dark/Steel, and Reshiram looks to be Psychic/Ice? Or perhaps a type to counteract the steel? I mean, I definetly see them as dual typed, but the second type should counteract the Dark/Psychic typing and give Reshiram an advantage. ALSO, something I've been confused about... Is the logo with the white border Pokemon White? Or is it Pokemon Black? I got so confused now that people are talking about the boxart.

icelord0626

Porygon 2
If they ended up introducing light and sound types, they could do this:
Reshiram-Light/Sound(gen 5 new types)
Zekrom-Dark/Steel(gen 2 new types)
Third legend-Light/Dark(chaos)

Love Hiun City's new look.

Hate the camera angles. It looks very good when it zooms into the character, but pretty awful when it zooms out. And all this zooming in and zooming out is bound to be annoying.

As for legendaries? They remind of Dialga and Palkia, only white and black. And it's retarted how the white legendary is on Black version and vice-verca. I don't know if they're going with a ying-yang theme or anything, but I'm starting to want White version just because it has the cooler legendary (who is black) and logo (which, SURPRISE, has more black on it than the Black logo).

But who gives a crap? I know I'll get over it in... a minute, give or take a second or two.

Xanron

I'm on my way
Resharam looks organic and of the earth while Zecrom looks manufactured and artificially created. Maybe a nature Vs. Technology thing

Okay, I realize that Sugimori has not only improved in his artistic abilities, but that the DS also allows more details in designs. So... is the reason that these are so complex because of that? Would Lugia, for example, have been more detailed if the Gameboy Color had allowed it?

halloweenghost

Hahahahahaha everyone in this thread now wants to buy White. I'm so buying White. Zekrom looks Dark/Steel, and Reshiram looks to be Psychic/Ice? Or perhaps a type to counteract the steel? I mean, I definetly see them as dual typed, but the second type should counteract the Dark/Psychic typing and give Reshiram an advantage. ALSO, something I've been confused about... Is the logo with the white border Pokemon White? Or is it Pokemon Black? I got so confused now that people are talking about the boxart.

the white border is black version..

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I'll do like I've always done, buy all versions available.

Speculations on the new legendary pokemon, don't really have any at this point. I'm waiting till more info is released.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Love them both - and agree with the concept of a possible Nature vs technology idea.

Like the idea of Yin-yang if that's what they are trying to do with this generation. but why is everyone dismissing the fact that these legends are probably part Dragon-type?

Anyway, I hope they don't introduce more types, 'coz that would probably break the game somehow - Steel was bad enough being super resistant to almost every other type...

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Resharam looks organic and of the earth while Zecrom looks manufactured and artificially created. Maybe a nature Vs. Technology thing

Like I said, I wanna see some Mother 3 references galore, buuuut...
Yeah, techno vs. nature sounds awesome, I highly doubt there will be any new types, and I don't know what there types will be, but we'll just have to wait for Corocoro!

I feel like the only person who perfers Reshiram to Zekrom, lol.
Zekrom just feel too clunky for my tastes, though still badass.
It doesnt really matter to me though since I'll eventually get them both, just helps me decide which to get first. Is anyone else like this?

I love the legondaries, but I really don't want them to be dragon type. I really want more non legendary dragons. Also, don't you think that dragon legondaries are really overused? There are six of them: Palkia, Dialga, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, and Giratina. all of them but Rayquaza are kinda molded in the same way, like a dragon/phycic type (Like mystical stuff like that). For example, these legendaries look more mystical like Cresselia and Darkri than elemental like Kyogor, Groudon, and Raquaza. If they were dragon types, then they would be the extremely overtired mystical dragon. I don't want the signiture legendaries to be repeats of the last two generations. Also, ever since the 3rd generation, a new legendary was added to the main legends to make a trio (for example, Rayquazza and Giratina). What do you think that would look like? Would it be the post legendary for "Pokemon Gray"? Maybe it would be a phycic and dark type? By the way, I think Res is a Phycic/Flying type and Zek is a Dark/Fighting type. Ok, mayby dark/fight is a little random, but it would even out the types because as we all know, Flying types have the advantage over it. I would make sence. If there is a light type, then maybe Res would be Light/Flying.

Auberon TheFae

Nature's Breath
It doesnt really matter to me though since I'll eventually get them both, just helps me decide which to get first. Is anyone else like this?

Your definitely not alone,I prefer Reshiram as well, and am sure there is others who share a similar view,but I guess they just aren't willing to comment.

Xanron

I'm on my way
Like I said, I wanna see some Mother 3 references galore, buuuut...
Yeah, techno vs. nature sounds awesome, I highly doubt there will be any new types, and I don't know what there types will be, but we'll just have to wait for Corocoro!

Zecrom also has a turbine looking thing as a tail. He's gotta be manufactured.

Chardan

I'll tell you why I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram, Its all down to Reshirams lower half. To me it feels far to clunky and built-up, and the feet appear mis-shapen. However, thats how I see it, and I have seen some deviantART of Reshiram which shows it in flight, which made me like Reshiram a little more. I supose the reason I instantly took a liking to Zakrom is due to this guy from my childhood, Cyberdramon
Cyberdramon.jpg
zekromc.jpg

I always adored this Digimon, and Zakrom has a somewhat similar figure and colour scheme (and I'm not sugesting that this new Pokemon isn't 'Pokemon enough'), plus It just looks far better than Reshiram in my opinion, but I do like Reshiram's head and neck, and those slightly metalic rings arond it with the lavender tint.

Last edited:

Xanron

I'm on my way
Zecrom and Reshiram also remind me of Blue Eyes White Dragon and Red Eyes Black Dragon from Yugioh.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I personally like the fluid moments in Reshiram. Zekrom is too machine-like for my liking.

Raikia

I remember coming home today, & I was so excited I almost pooped my pants :D
Anyways, I'm loving Zekrom. While it looks more like a robot then Reshiram, the design is generally awesome. Reshiram kind of looks random; like a combo of previous pokemon.
The whole switcharoonie, I dont really care much about. However, I will be getting Pokemon White now (Zekrom = epic in my opinion). I was hoping the boxart would stay with the logos in the center. It'd be nice to have some change.
I'm not loving the Isshu region so far; but it has piqued my interest.

Jayd Sky

Everyone notice that they have the official boxart on the Japanese site? (small button on the bottom right with a Pokeball icon in it) Because I just noticed it.

They look even cooler on the box. Zekrom especially, for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.