• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikia

@Jayd Sky, I preferred it when they didnt have the legendaries on the box. They look out of place, & it'd be nice to have some change (i.e. the original art on the site)

LimeStar

Who can? Reshiram!
It's on like Zekrom!

Okay I'm done.
But I love them :) much better than any of the sinnoh legends in my opinion.

Last edited:

ArtProjectCorn

Time Waster
New and Old Information

I didn't just find out about Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version today. I just joined today. Just so you know, because it might look like it without this disclaimer.

Anyway, It's interesting the characters are older. They look 16, but the 10-year-olds look 13. Were they 10? I'm not sure right now that we know that for sure.

The starters look pretty nice, except for Mijumaru. I won't know which one to get until later. Tsutaja looks really cool. Pokabu doesn't look as cool as Tsutaja, though.

I like Zorua's design a lot, it reminds me of Generation 3. I thought Zoroark's ponytail thing was weird.

Hiun City looks nice, along with the other places we've seen. I really like the screen shot of the railroad track. I've noticed wild grass in the forest screen shot, but somebody else has probably already posted that here. We don't have much information on Sky Arrow Bridge yet.

I really like the new animated battles. The attacks seem quicker than usual, which seemed fitting.

The music is kind of mediocre right now, but I did like this one part of the battle theme, if that's what it is. It was nice to hear it without the voices in the background.

Reshiram and Zekrom are pretty weird. It's hard to imagine Ken Sugimori drew Zekrom like that. I like how Zekrom looks better.

I really don't know which Version to get right now. I do like the name choices though. :D That's all I'm going to talk about for now.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Home-Made Trainer.
Guess I'll get both in each game anyway! They're good!

harroman2

To me they look like epic Final Fantasy bosses, which is awesome because I've always loved the boss designs of Final Fantasy.

The white one to me looks elegant and pure, a protector of sorts, and capable or mass destruction and malevolence, and the black one looks foreboding, banished and tortured. It reminds me of the Matrix for some odd reason, maybe of what Neo would have been if he was a Pokemon, I don't know.

But they both look amazing.

Pasque

so the white legend is on black and black legend is on white? alright..

These games are probably going for a Yin and Yang motif.

Yeah I'm liking the new designs, they're quite different to previous gens but thats a good thing (no point buying new pkmn games if theres nothing new to offer).

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
So the black legend is in White and vice versa?

Anyways, they dont look like other pokemon, but they sure look hell strong!

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Anyway, It's interesting the characters are older. They look 16, but the 10-year-olds look 13. Were they 10? I'm not sure right now that we know that for sure.

I don't mean to pick on you, but I don't see how a bunch of people are saying they are/look like late teens. To my eyes, they look as old as Green did in HGSS; 13-14. Why and how is this view of they being 16+ getting so widespread? What gives them a 16 year old look?

And yes, 10/11, depending on who you ask. I think in Gen I & II they were 11, but I don't know if that was followed in III and IV.

On the legendaries, why do they have to look like man-made dragons again? They look like they're machines (thanks to the eyes and overall look) and not alive especially Zekrom. I kinda wish we had something like from Gen I-III instead of taking ideas from Dialga/Palkia.

DarkPrince

Take that!
Wow...Those pokemon look...LEGENDARY....
They are like 2 angels...One good and one bad....such nice and detailed Pokemon.
They even leave Giratina behind...What else can I say? They are huge! Epic!

BCVM22

So the black legend is in White and vice versa?

That's the punchline, yes. Reshiram headlines Black Version, while Zekrom is on the cover of White Version.

I kinda wish we had something like from Gen I-III instead of taking ideas from Dialga/Palkia.

Neither of them look anything like Dialga and only Zekrom bears even a passing resemblance to Palkia.

They look like they're machines (thanks to the eyes and overall look) and not alive especially Zekrom.

I have a hunch that such an aesthetic is intentional, particularly on Zekrom. That's all it is at the moment, though, a hunch.

One good and one bad

Black in color is not tantamount to "bad". Remember what franchise this is.

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
They look seriously strong imo. And the designs dont look like other pokemon, but i like them! They do look like digimon though, and suspiciously, Blue Eyes White Dragon and Red Eyes Black Dragon!

Im going for Ice/Dragon for Reshiram and Dark/Dragon for Zekrom.

Reshiram could be Psychic aswell and i can see Zekrom being Steel aswell.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I can easily understand why people think they look like Digimon or even Yu-Gi-Oh monsters. When I first saw them, I thought of Pegasus and Metalgreymon. They don't have the animal feel the first two generations had... But who cares? They still look awesome, and I can see them fit into the Pokémon universe. They're better than Dialga and Palkia in my opinion.

I personally think the 5th generation has the hardest choice of game in the entire series. I've never felt like I like both equally, until now. Maybe I should import one of them and buy the other one in English next year... Decisions, decisions.

LimeStar

They don't have the animal feel the first two generations had....
I know the person I'm quoting wasn't complaining, I just want to say something to others who have been saying this:
clefairy, clefable, jigglypuff, diglett, dugtrio, geodude, graveller, golem, magnemite, magneton, grimer, muk, hypno,voltorb, electrode, hitmonlee, koffing, weezing, tangela... Need I continue? None of these are strongly animal or nature based, so stop being silly.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
Neither of them look anything like Dialga and only Zekrom bears even a passing resemblance to Palkia.

I have a hunch that such an aesthetic is intentional, particularly on Zekrom. That's all it is at the moment, though, a hunch.

I don't mean them looking exactly like them, but more like having the same feeling. I get the feeling that they use Dialga and Palkia as bases rather than starting from scratch.

If so, I do hope it's expanded on somewhere during the game. I can see the Nature vs Technology for them somewhat. Maybe Zekrom is a product for technology experimentation that got loose... I really dunno about its opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.