• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senzura

Master of Blaziken
Personally I'm looking forward to being surprised. That's one of my favorite things about each new generation.

Wouldnt it be hillarious if that the"surprise" was that the games turned out to be rated T? No more 10 year olds clogging the GTS!

I'll stop calling black and white colors when they stop being available when I'm choosing colors on photoshop.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
The thing I'm wondering more than anything, (screw racism, I hear about that everyday, lets all play pokemon together and get away from it) is what the 3rd game will be called.

Grey?
Just doesn't sound like a good name for pokemon. zP

*Takes a drink*

*Shakes head* Didn't we just talk about this?

Wow. How interesting that we are still hung up on the issue of race instead of addressing the games themselves. Race never once crossed my mind until people started spamming the forums with the idea this will spark race riots. If you are really going argue that these games will spark race riots here is some food for thought: Why don't the black and the white nintendo dsis spark race arguments? I own a white Dsi, does that make me a klan member? No. Why don't black and white cars spark race arguments? Why didn't Black and White and its sequel Black and White 2, both developed by Lionhead studios spark any race riots? Why hasn't my black and white photography ever sparked any race riots? If you want to argue that there are also other colors of cars and dsis, etc. remember that there are also different colors of Pokemon games! So that counterargument really gets thrown out the window. The only plausible, but yet still a very far stretch, reason this could get turned into a race issue would be if 24/7 news channels CNN and Foxs news beat it into the brains of their viewers because they have nothing else to cover, otherwise I don't quite think many other people will instantly think of race. It is a japanese game after all and is being made by people that are neither white or black. Besides there are too many more serious issues having to do with race that rank priority over arguing whether a child's video game developed by a franchise that has established itself for 10+ years with children all over the world is racist.

Futhermore I fear that if people keep commenting on how "racist" these games sound is the mods will close the forums for discussing the games at which point I will throw my laptop across the room and yell, "THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!"

Now to move onto the titles message I believe it denotes a yin-yang scenario for the legendary pokemon of the region. Gamefreak has already dabbled in the importance of balance and interconnectedness in previous generations so it was only a matter of time before they full on made yin-yang legendaries.
Even if it has nothing to do with yin-yang the message that these titles provoke seems extraordinary compared to all other previous titles. I mean when I think back to red, blue, green, yellow I wasn't really thinking much about the titles, just the pokemon and what the pokemon on the covers meant- not the titles of the game. Same with gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, diamond, pearl and platinum. If you can't tell I have a really good feeling about these games.

*Takes two drinks*

*Face palms* And you complaining about people repeating what other people are saying about this possibly being an issue for some is not helping. Using Fox News to make your point is even worse. If you keep giving them attention, they will keep posting. (Although I realize that I am doing just that in posting this, so quiet you).

Remember, a bald mod is a sad mod.

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
First it was colors, then metals, then gems, and finally back to colors. What the heck!? Once they move on to other sources for name titles, they can't go back to using previous source for their previous gen games. This would've made more sense if they were used for the 2nd gen name titles before they starting using metals and gems. Now I'm worried what other traditions that are going to be ruined in the 5th gen. Pokemon game title tradition is Ruined FOREVER!

You's trollin'!

I am serious about this because it destroys tradition.

What tradition?

I think the US will keep the names. But there will be some disagreement. Like it or not folks, somebody WILL have a problem with the names being Black and White. Someone WILL try to get people to boycott it.

It probably won't be a Large-scale national-news worthy type of ordeal.
I'm not trying to sound paranoid but someone will complain. They always do.

I personally LOVE the names. I think it's cool. It will probably deal with Yin and Yang. You know balance and harmony and what-have-you-not. Most people will get it. Just a few people will have a problem.

Good God. This is more stupid than when people complained about the African zombies in Resident Evil 5.

Miaw, such pointless cattiness.

I hardly see how NOT wanting the sci-fi/ dimensional themes of the games to be continued translates as NOT wanting character development and plot progression and makes me a conservative. The games survived for a decade without it and I'm sure the 4th gen games could have survived without it too. I was merely hoping from the basic sounding titles that the games would step back a little, because there is such a thing as taking something too far.

When I mentioned conservative, I meant because it seems like you dislike change in video games. I probably shouldn't've worded it like that.

I just hate when people use that argument of going to "how it should've been" and ignore all that the newer games contributed, but I think that criticism applies to games like Sonic moreso than Pokemon.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
*Takes a drink*

*Shakes head* Didn't we just talk about this?

*Takes two drinks*

*Face palms* And you complaining about people repeating what other people are saying about this possibly being an issue for some is not helping. Using Fox News to make your point is even worse. If you keep giving them attention, they will keep posting. (All though I realize that I am doing just that in posting this, so quiet you).

*Face palms*
*Takes 16 shots*
*Face palms*
I can totally understand what you are trying to do but unfortunately these people will not shut up if we just sit quietly and pretend they are not there while clicking our ruby red heels 3 times. As more and more people come out to disagree and shut them and their trivial matters down they will learn not to post that stuff here. I had that to say and now I am done on the so called "race" issue. If you didn't notice I transitioned into actually talking about the games titles and the connotations of them.

Senzura

Master of Blaziken
Zebras are black and white, but the're not racist
THERE I JUST ENDED ALL RACE DISCUSSION

ANY FURTHUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

now can we all just move on and talk about the games?

Senzura

Master of Blaziken

now can we all just move on and talk about the game NAMES?

There I fixed it

6) And no talk about the third game (Gray, Crimson, or otherwise). Nothing is confirmed.

Lets try and keep the conversation about how awesome the names are, ok? :)

Oh hm, you're a mod now? I don't believe they said no talk about a possible third game.

EDIT: Btw, it is talking about a game name, good fight sir.

BCVM22

Oh hm, you're a mod now? I don't believe they said no talk about a possible third game.

Doesn't "do not discuss anything but the titles of these games" sort of imply that you, shockingly, should not discuss anything but the titles of these games?

Senzura

Master of Blaziken
No it wouldn't... because it wont happen. And even if it did the T rating means nothing. It wouldn't decrease 10 year olds at all.

How about pokemon black and white, rated AO! * resists coffe related GTA scenes with pokemon characters jokes

DBK

Renegade Trainer

Doesn't "do not discuss anything but the titles of these games" sort of imply that you, shockingly, should not discuss anything but the titles of these games?

Thank you. I almost took another drink :)

Exile452

Methoughts:
I first saw the names and thought of Jynx. They shouldn't have to be racist, but I don't think Nintendo will take any chances and Black + White will *probably* not be the names we get. At first I thought "Dawn and Dusk" but a certain blue-haired girl would make that an awkward name...

And this means a R/S/E remake? FREAKING RIGHT! ;355;

Oh BTW The Panda is the least racist animal; Black, White, AND Asian.

thunderblade12

I was on this thread yesterday when the titles were first revealed butdecided not to post due to all the talk of racism. I can't believe it's still going on.

How is it racist? When did black and white officially stop being shades?

If the protagonist is white while the evil team is like "Team Darky" or something in White version, and Black version has a white protagonist with "Team Cracker" as the main antagonists then yes, it's racist. Until then, stop being oversensitive.

In other news, here's some very good theories by JubilifeTV on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gso5VEa4P9A

talala

i made it more obvious for him, he obviously isn't one of the smarter ones

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Methoughts:
I first saw the names and thought of Jynx. They shouldn't have to be racist, but I don't think Nintendo will take any chances and Black + White will *probably* not be the names we get. At first I thought "Dawn and Dusk" but a certain blue-haired girl would make that an awkward name...

All wrong...

I really hope this is sarcastic...

Senzura

Master of Blaziken
Methoughts:

Oh BTW The Panda is the least racist animal; Black, White, AND Asian.

I thought I made myself clear....allow me to repeat myself

now can we all just move on and talk about the game NAMES?

for more information see post 669

Status
Not open for further replies.