1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

just outta curiosity what info makes you have that opinion?

2. Josiah

Josiah is your favorite

Orangutans aren't from Africa (and Hihidaruma doesn't really look like one) and neither are Tapirs (and Minnu doesn't really look like one.)

Plus, when has the design origin of Pokemon ever changed a games location? Kangaskhan is a Kangaroo and Kanto is based on Japan.

3. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Its all of Issu, and the borders are clearer then the sky.

4. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Araragi translates to "Yew", which is another tree, from what I've seen reported. So you can bank on her name being Professor Yew.

Hihidoruma is a yeti, btw.

5. PeteDHeat

PeteDHeat Well-Known Member

Good observation BUT Drowzee and Hypno are classified as Hypnosis Pokemon. They are similar, youre right but its loses the pinkish colors, the other two dont have floral patterns and the jem in its forehead is also gone. So i dont think it is plus it would be pretty useless.

Gear is a pretty cool Pokémon, honestly, am I the only one that likes it? He's cute, although I don't understand why Plus and Minus are his two abilities.

I like him :O

6. Maru90

Maru90 POCKET MEN ANYONE?

I believe it's at the bottom right corner.

And; Don't be fooled by the massive, open central area of the map. There seems to be a ton of hidden villages/cities in the forest on the right and on the top left corner. Also, a good portion of the right side is covered by text (although you can see a snowy mountain).

7. Bionickai001

Bionickai001 Hive Trainer

He's probably right. The first map that came out for Sinnoh showed only the lower left part of Sinnoh, it hardly showed Eterna City. This is probably not all of Isshu, this might be a huge region.

8. mitchman_93

I'm not being fooled by it, and I know there must be some truth to what I'm saying. The areas were gyms can be put are slim, and the areas behind the text can be seen to an extent, and nothing seems to be there. Unless the gyms are out, there seems to be no logic for this region to look so barren, there must be some sort of battle based dungeon system to have reason to travel around. And ******** on the region being only partially seen. Its perfectly cut off on all 4 sides, and unless you travel between 2 parts, this is it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  9. Deoxytwo

Deoxytwo Riddle in an Enigma

Here's my two cents on the revealed info:

Isshu: The map is interesting, and quite a bit of it is covered by clouds, so the full extent isn't shown. I wonder if those are event exclusive areas/Battle Frontier? I don't see what the problem is, there are plenty of areas for gyms. Also, is that the Pokemon League in the top left?

Professor Araragi: Inevitable really

Zorua being event: meh, that seems odd for a seemingly non-legendary to be an event.

Chiramii: Much better than Bidoof, I can see it evolving once or twice

Munna: lulz its a baby psychic elephant

Gear: My first impression was WTF, but now I see it as having great potential. I actually see it evolving twice and changing dramatically with its evolutions, kind of like Remoraid -> Octillery

Mamepato: lulz a pigeon, I can see it evolving once or twice

Hihidaruma: I laugh every time I see it. I can see it being a pokemon w/o an evolution

Shimama: Not much to say, I see it evolving once.

Meguroko: It may be a crocodile, but it isn't very intimidating. Atleast the type combo is unique at this point. I can see it evolving once.

10. EverChanger

EverChanger エヴァーチェンジャー

In the one screen shot of the bottom screen move selection thing, what does the button circled in yellow do? Do we even know?

11. Grassmen

Grassmen Novice Breeder

I'm not sure that map is the entire region either - if you look at the right hand side, you can see what appear to be whirlpools or waves. Though somewhat shrouded by cloud (it sort of looks like it could be cloud), on further inspection, there is a difference in how they are drawn.

12. GreenExploud

GreenExploud Well-Known Member

Nope, I like Gear too. Plus and Minus, those are the abilities of Plusle and Minun right?
    I don't see what it's got to do with Gear.

I hope it's not the whole region. There's gotta be more. To the right perhaps.
    And I'm seeing another mountain at the right side of the map. So that makes two mountain ranges.
    The dessert is way bigger than in R/S/E.

13. Actually I'm kinda glad Reshiram isn't Ice/Dragon like I heard. Looks like Reshiram is Fire/Dragon like I originally thought a week ago since he has the whole "holy white purifying fire" look to it. Sacred Fire would be a great attack for it if it wasn't exclusive to Ho-oh.

14. Razmos

Razmos I have this sponge..

Really, you don't? Gears require other gears to move. It's obviously meant to be a teamwork Pokemon like Minun and Plusle are.

15. Adz

Adz Poke Knight

For all you guys worrying about the map and amount of towns/ gyms etc... This was one of the first sinnoh maps revealed and it shows about as much as this Isshu map shows us....

[​IMG]

16. mitchman_93

As a note, WHF will have a video(most likely the trailer) of the games. And I'm sorry but unless there's a part accessible only by boat, this seems to be it. No off the beat into the borders routes, no caves leading to nowhere, nothing.

17. TsukiMirage

TsukiMirage Rikudou Master

How many cities does there need to be to hold gyms? On the parts that we see, There's at least six different cities, Not mentioning the various single building scattered around. I think there's plenty of places they can place the gyms.

18. BynineB

BynineB Wielding Übersaw.

Hihidaruma ftw. For some reason he is awesome to me. In fact, I like all of them except Mamepato. I find the thing hideously ugly.

...Is Munna a prevolution of Drowzee?

19. natie

natie Mr. F

Plusle and Minun fit together, just like Gears fir together. At least that's how I see it.

20. GreenExploud

GreenExploud Well-Known Member

Ok, I didn't think of it that way.
    But, Gear is already two gears, so why should it need help?
    And Plusle and Minun are always together in the anime. So I don't see Gear needing any other pokemon than itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.