• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your probably all worying over nothing, there's a lot of clouded areas and there could be stuff under the clouds, and not to mention going by how big Hiun City is, it could have 2 Gyms?!

Although this Article is worrying me slightly :|

natie

Mr. F
Ok, I didn't think of it that way.
But, Gear is already two gears, so why should it need help?
And Plusle and Minun are always together in the anime. So I wonder what pokemon wil be with Gear.
Dammit, I was beaten to the punch D:

Anyways, to answer your question (kind of): more gears make things easier. It looks more complicated but is easier to handle.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Loving everything about Isshu so far. The New Pokemon, The New Moves, The New Abilities. Its all shaping up to be a pretty awesome new game. Totally stoked for a new adventure.

As for the overworld. I sort of have a theory. It seems like Isshu may be a bigger region than any other one. There are bigger cities, more details added to them, and it looks more modernized. There are cars and stuff moving about the city, there are bridges connecting to other areas of Isshu. So I'm thinking that along with these huge cities, we also get some rural areas with the Gyms. With more cities, there are tons more options to do instead of Contests and Gym Battles. The possibilities are limitless now that the entire region is bigger.

As a note, WHF will have a video(most likely the trailer) of the games. And I'm sorry but unless there's a part accessible only by boat, this seems to be it. No off the beat into the borders routes, no caves leading to nowhere, nothing.

Actually, there is no actual cut off to the west or north. I am doubting that there is more *directly* west in this pic of the region, but we should know better from past experience that they won't just up and show us the entire region right away. Honestly, it is quite possible that this is the southeast portion of the region (or just the south), and that this region is massive like Sinnoh (or even more so). Remember how they only showed us the southwestern portion of Sinnoh first, and everyone said the same thing about that? If GF only made a region of this size, many fans (new and old, including myself) would just not buy the game. There needs to be more appeal than that. Also, GF is still only showing small peaks into this new world of the 5th generation. Remember how everyone was so upset that pokemon weren't following the trainers, and suddenly we now have definite pics of trainers with their pokemon beside them? I believe GF still has quite a few surprises waiting for us, and hopefully one of them will be revealed this PS.

Actually, there is no actual cut off to the west or north. I am doubting that there is more *directly* west in this pic of the region, but we should know better from past experience that they won't just up and show us the entire region right away. Honestly, it is quite possible that this is the southeast portion of the region (or just the south), and that this region is massive like Sinnoh (or even more so). Remember how they only showed us the southwestern portion of Sinnoh first, and everyone said the same thing about that? If GF only made a region of this size, many fans (new and old, including myself) would just not buy the game. There needs to be more appeal than that. Also, GF is still only showing small peaks into this new world of the 5th generation. Remember how everyone was so upset that pokemon weren't following the trainers, and suddenly we now have definite pics of trainers with their pokemon beside them? I believe GF still has quite a few surprises waiting for us, and hopefully one of them will be revealed this PS.

I think there's alot more to the east of Isshu, these bloody clouds on region maps are more annoying than that question mark on Pokemon Sunday!

GreenExploud

Serebii says Reshiram and Zekrom are the 'White Yang pokemon' and the 'Black Ying pokemon'.
So this confirms the Ying-Yang theory I guess?
But Reshiram being a fire-type and Zekrom being Electric makes me think it's nature vs. technology.
Confusing :confused:

Duality Ninja

LOLWUT IM PR0ZORZ
That's not all of Isshu, and I don't see why people would argue otherwise. To the northwest, we see just the base of another area, so there's probs more to the north. I only see this as the left half of the region, and imagine going to the right is something that requires surf. Why else would they show the cities so big? Love the new Pokemon also, it's going to be a good generation.

Josiah

is your favorite
I'm not being fooled by it, and I know there must be some truth to what I'm saying. The areas were gyms can be put are slim, and the areas behind the text can be seen to an extent, and nothing seems to be there. Unless the gyms are out, there seems to be no logic for this region to look so barren, there must be some sort of battle based dungeon system to have reason to travel around. And ******** on the region being only partially seen. Its perfectly cut off on all 4 sides, and unless you travel between 2 parts, this is it.
There probably isn't truth to what you're saying. You can only see about seven cities in the original Sinnoh map, too. In the east of the region the clouds and the giant red text completely block off a huge area, and in the north it cuts off in the middle of that brown area connected to the terraces and the northern city.

EDIT: The area west of Hiun across the sea is blocked as well.

Last edited:
Serebii says Reshiram and Zekrom are the 'White Yang pokemon' and the 'Black Ying pokemon'.
So this confirms the Ying-Yang theory I guess?

Pretty much, we kinda knew that from the titles :p

But Reshiram being a fire-type and Zekrom being Electric makes me think it's nature vs. technology.
Confusing :confused:

It might well be, but Black and White, Ying and Yang are definatly contrasts, and there's alot of references to the sky, so I think we could also add Day and Night to the list soon.

SmartD

Isshu looks pretty good so far. And so is the new Professor. Last generation we got a female Champion, now we're getting a female Professor. And the Global Terminal in the Pokemon Center is really convenient.

Teshub

Banned
This is a comparison of Isshu with areas from NY/NJ.

[IMG139]http://i45.*******.com/29dk8bm.png[/IMG139]

Something is odd with the midtown part of the city. Looks like it was devastated or something, because the roads appeared damaged. It got me thinking, Zekrom's tail looks like a warhead, and the Yin/Yang duality might have been involved in the cataclysm that wiped out that area.

Last edited:

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
I'm not sure that map is the entire region either - if you look at the right hand side, you can see what appear to be whirlpools or waves. Though somewhat shrouded by cloud (it sort of looks like it could be cloud), on further inspection, there is a difference in how they are drawn.

thank god im not the only one who thinks this, it just doesnt look like sugimori, maybe he let someone else draw it like he did with pokemon ranger tracks of light except in this case only the region

anyway if u look at the scan with zekrom on it ull see that part of his hand is cut off and that right at the left edge it seems to be connected to some kind of picture

I'm really looking forward to playing this game. So far, I like all the new pokemon except for the legendaries that have been revealed. The fire ape looked the neatest in my opinion. Perhaps it's a good omen that GF will be more generous toward fire types this time around? I haven't a clue.

I wish people wouldn't complain about the typing of the crocodile pokemon. Ground isn't an outrageous typing, considering that they burrow in the ground for hours upon hours to avoid the desert heat during the dry season when they are no nearby rivers to lie in wait for prey. The dark typing is probably based on a crocodiles behavior, their method of catching prey isn't exactly noble. They lie in wait for other unsuspecting animals to come take a drink, and ambush them. Plus, we already have a water alligator pokemon. Let GF diversify a little.

GreenExploud

Arceus said:
Still 8 badges has always been part of the series.
If it's not broke, don't fix it.

I agree, I've enjoyed collecting badges so far and I don't see it changing.
But something else to do except badges seems fun to me.

Chardan

corocoro-new-pokemon-3.jpg

Well, you can see here that there is another page missing from th scans, with some kind of image teased, and where Zekrom's left hand finishes off.
What about this one though?:
june-corocoro-new-pokemon-2.jpg

Is this where the aticle on Black and White ends? Or a page yet to be seen next to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.