• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatial Master

Spatial Trainer
Just saw the video to the pokemon animations look good and i laughed when the prof just tossed the ball onto the floor and i also like how the desert looks and how the battles start

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I really like the camera zooming in and out. Really gives dimension.

BTW, is it me or the battle theme changes when your Pokemon's lifebar hits red (not the beeping alert which always had been there). Observe and listen at Shimama's (Zebra) battle, at around 4:12 (from Filb.de's video).

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I really like the way it zooms out to show when the trainer throws a ball. Very cool.

And Munna reminds me of a Metroid now...

Spatial Master

Spatial Trainer
Also in the gym the statues thats are beside the trainer are butterfly's so mabye theres gonna be another butterfly pokemon?

BTW, is it me or the battle theme changes when your Pokemon's lifebar hits red (not the beeping alert which always had been there). Observe and listen at Shimama's (Zebra) battle, at around 4:12 (from Filb.de's video).

Edit:Ya i hear it to thats good bc i hate how it just rings and it gets annoying

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Also in the gym the statues thats are beside the trainer are butterfly's so mabye theres gonna be another butterfly pokemon?

Nice observation. It is very possible. It doesn't look like Venomoth, Butterfree, Maquerain, or Beautifly. So it could be this gen's Butterfly poke.

Edit:Ya i hear it to thats good bc i hate how it just rings and it gets annoying

I agree. It's a nice addition.

filbs footage says otherwise

Sabonea already corrected himself.

mewto222

Banned
so footage basically confirms:

* music changes when your pokemon's health gets low.
* honeycomb building's a gym
* the animation of the trainer throwing a ball is different
* pokemon are also animated in the status screen

am i missing anything?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
so footage basically confirms:

* music changes when your pokemon's health gets low.
* honeycomb building's a gym
* the animation of the trainer throwing a ball is different
* pokemon are also animated in the status screen

am i missing anything?

The possibility of a new Butterfly Pokemon.

Chardan

You know that the Pokedex image is nothing more than a screenshot right, so the Pokemon could be animated still.

KurowaSan

Croissant Kamen \o/
Noticed something nice from the Munna bit of the video. Its Forewarn ability activated when the battle began and showed that Mijumaru's most powerful move is called Shell Blade (シェルブレード).

This is Tsutaja's dex entry:
ちのうが たかく とても れいせい。
たいようの ひかりを たっぷり
あびると うごきが するどくなる。

And this is my try at translating it:
It's highly intelligent and very calm.
Bathing in plenty of sunlight, it's movement gets sharp.

Last edited:

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
where is the butterfly statue in the gym?

edit: found the butterflies, they are on the pillar. But did anyone notice the statues in the front of the building? On Filb.de, if you pause on 0:52, it looks as if there is statue in the shape of a badge. hmm... Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does anyone else see what I mean?

Btw, I wonder how much that guys with the satellite on his head gets paid. lol

Last edited:

Chardan

Noticed something nice from the Munna bit of the video. Its Forewarn ability activated when the battle began and showed that Mijumaru's most powerful move is called Shell Blade.

Nice work there, I'm sure I read that post on Pokebeach too. It could hint that Mijumaru will have the shell theme extend across its body when it evolves (arms=blade), as Starters can generally learn attacks the whole line will learn, but earlier.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Not necessarily, since the celebii/zoroa screenshot, and the pokemon centre/pokemart were still screenshots, though. It could have just be an image, especially since it was shown more like the other images and not like the videos. Doesn't mean I think they'll actually be animated in the pokedex, though.

Last edited:

Chardan

Considering every other single piece of in-game stuff they showed was animated I doubt this.

What about the PokeMart Image? And the Celebi/Zoura one?

R_N

What about the PokeMart Image? And the Celebi/Zoura one?

The former had no reason to be moving. You'll note there's no animation when in the Mart in any of the other games. Meanwhile, I believe there was mart music playing for that part.

Celebi & Zorua is likely the same. Probably didn't want to show more dialog of the whole transfer thing so the text was static

Status
Not open for further replies.