• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardische

Elegance.
finally the return of a Bug gym since Johto xD

it would be nice if it replaced Rock as a 1st gym, bug makes sense as an early gym.

Has it even been confirmed? I think not.

It doesn't really make any sense if what you're dealing with is unpredictable. I mean, the Fire type would obliterate the Gym, and the Grass doesn't get a chance and Water-types are meh. Rock has been a tradition. Water and Grass do good here and Fire has always found a way to overcome their weaknesses. Remember Metal Claw Charmander in FRLG. Yeah, that was good.

Or it could actually work. The existence of the first Gym as a Rock type eliminates the need for a Fire/Fighting pokemon, which was the reason (probably) why Torchic and Chimchar got half-Fighting evolutions. And I lol if pokabu evolves into half-Fighting. I'd name it porkchop though.

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
Well it's not like it's the first time they changed it I mean in GSCHGSS the first gym is flying type, so since there was gym music in the background and it looks like a gym and from the pattern of showing the first gym first it could very well mean the first gym is bug.

Fire will get its chance to be naturally super effective to the first gym if its true whilst grass might have a bad time without help kinda like in GSCHGSS.
Though this could make grass starter = hard mode again but i'm up for that since I want to start with smugleaf.

I think someone might have posted this so far but if not I would like to point out one thing:

Reshiram is getting benefit from Groudon's Drought and Zekrom is getting benefit from Kyogre's Drizzle(considering it has STAB Thunder). Although I don't think there will be a mascot trio this gen(just like Gen II) I still wonder if last one will benefit from Rayquaza's Air Lock.

Last edited:

ForteAnly

I don't mind if the first gym leader specializes in bug Pokemon it's different from before. I"m hoping we get a dark type gym leader.

hitoshura0

I think someone might have posted this so far but if not I would like to point out one thing:

Reshiram is getting benefit from Groudon's Drought and Zekrom is getting benefit from Kyogre's Drizzle. Although I don't think there will be a mascot trio this gen(just like Gen II) I still wonder if last one will benefit from Rayquaza's Air Lock.

Why don't you think we won't have a third box legend? The fact that we have 2 box legends again pretty much proves that there will be another legendary who's purpose is to cover Pokemon _____, the next game. The only reason Suicune is on Crystal is due to poor foresight, and this is also the reason Rayquaza and Giratina will be made. To think that won't happen again is insane!

Also, how can anything really benefit from Air Lock? Air Lock disables the effects of certain moves and prevents the boosts to stats/moves/abilities certain Pokemon get.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Reshiram is getting benefit from Groudon's Drought and Zekrom is getting benefit from Kyogre's Drizzle(considering it has STAB Thunder). Although I don't think there will be a mascot trio this gen(just like Gen II) I still wonder if last one will benefit from Rayquaza's Air Lock.
I have no problem with that, and its expected seeing how more or less both of the trios seem to deal with weather somehow.

Why don't you think we won't have a third box legend? The fact that we have 2 box legends again pretty much proves that there will be another legendary who's purpose is to cover Pokemon _____, the next game. The only reason Suicune is on Crystal is due to poor foresight, and this is also the reason Rayquaza and Giratina will be made. To think that won't happen again is insane!

Also, how can anything really benefit from Air Lock? Air Lock disables the effects of certain moves and prevents the boosts to stats/moves/abilities certain Pokemon get.

Well I won't say poor foresight. That was fine back then. I think including one more legend(so called grey one) can effect GF quite badly as it will exploit Ying Yang belief which are important to Chinese people. In short it can be offensive to some people.

As for Air Lock stuff they can always include one move that has reduced effect during every weather condition but works fine in no weather condition.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Not to mention that a 3rd version would basically be on the 3DS which is too radical a difference to the DS, and it would be strange to have. The 6th gen though could go through with it, and a 3rd game might not be needed to these anyway, its looking fine the way it is.

hitoshura0

Well I won't say poor foresight. That was fine back then. I think including one more legend(so called grey one) can effect GF quite badly as it will exploit Yin Yang belief which are important to Chinese people. In short it can be offensive to some people.

A: It's Yin, not ying. If you are gonna try to make a claim on something, try spelling it right.
B: How is this offensive? I don't get it. Yin and Yang are always represented as a dichotomy, a pair that is opposite yet equal. These two legendaries are no different from any other means to represent it. And there is a logical third box legendary, one that represents the harmony of the two forces, a balancer to the two's conflicting powers. Also Yin/Yang isn't some sort of religion, but a symbol of the duality that exists in all life.

As for Air Lock stuff they can always include one move that has reduced effect during every weather condition but works fine in no weather condition.

Fair enough, but it is still hard to see what could really benefit from nulled weather effects.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
To be honest, having the dragon representing both is kinda strange, so I can see the 3rd one being an ice tiger, to go with the dragon and tiger theme.

hitoshura0

To be honest, having the dragon representing both is kinda strange, so I can see the 3rd one being an ice tiger, to go with the dragon and tiger theme.

Never said it had to be a dragon, only that there will be an inevitable 3rd box legendary. A tiger could work.

A: It's Yin, not ying. If you are gonna try to make a claim on something, try spelling it right.

Now I understand why I always get spelling error on typing it. Thanks, I never realized it.

B: How is this offensive? I don't get it. Yin and Yang are always represented as a dichotomy, a pair that is opposite yet equal. These two legendaries are no different from any other means to represent it. And there is a logical third box legendary, one that represents the harmony of the two forces, a balancer to the two's conflicting powers. Also Yin/Yang isn't some sort of religion, but a symbol of the duality that exists in all life.

Including a third one can damage the balance also. Some people were suggesting Yo(mixture of Yin and Yang) but that was implausible. The thing is that they are part of Chinese culture. Including a thing to their(GF's) own accord can always create problem just like Jynx controversy.

hitoshura0

Including a third one can damage the balance also. Some people were suggesting Yo(mixture of Yin and Yang) but that was implausible. The thing is that they are part of Chinese culture. Including a thing to their(GF's) own accord can always create problem just like Jynx controversy.

Actually, one of the best ways to deal with them is sort of the Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza triangle we had in RSE. One representing pure Yin and one representing pure yang in combat with each other, and a third "wiser" one showing them the error of their ways and getting them to agree with each other and go dormant. Simple, clean, tells the story of yin/yang balance and no messy 3rd element. THAT AND THIS SYMBOL IS NOT RELIGIOUS, AND MERELY REPRESENTS BALANCE. NO HATE GROUP USES IT AND IT IS NOT THE SEAL OF A GOD OR REPRESENTS ONE. IT IS NOT OFFENSIVE!

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Actually, one of the best ways to deal with them is sort of the Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza triangle we had in RSE. One representing pure Yin and one representing pure yang in combat with each other, and a third "wiser" one showing them the error of their ways and getting them to agree with each other and go dormant. Simple, clean, tells the story of yin/yang balance and no messy 3rd element. THAT AND THIS SYMBOL IS NOT RELIGIOUS, AND MERELY REPRESENTS BALANCE. NO HATE GROUP USES IT AND IT IS NOT THE SEAL OF A GOD OR REPRESENTS ONE. IT IS NOT OFFENSIVE!

The followers of Taoism want a word with you.

Chaos Rush

OMG, I know this is a stupid thing to mention and probably has already been mentioned, but they altered the "beep" sound back to the way it was in Gen I & II.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

hitoshura0

The followers of Taoism want a word with you.

Taoism isn't so much a religion, but a path of life. It's more philosophical if anything. It can be followed as a religion, but that isn't really the point of Tao. If anything, it is the symbol that is the religious part, while the principle of yin and yang are not. If we had a great flood in Pokemon, and a large Ark Pokemon saved them all, would a Christian be offended because it was the story of Noah's Ark? No, because it is a parallel, and the legend in-game behind it probably would be an analog of the story.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I don't understand why there has not been a tiger pokemon to date. Tiger's are such a big part of eastern culture.

could definitely go for a wandering trio of big cats

Tiger: Ice type
Leopard or Lion: Fire type
Cheetah: Electric type

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Taoism isn't so much a religion, but a path of life. It's more philosophical if anything. It can be followed as a religion, but that isn't really the point of Tao. If anything, it is the symbol that is the religious part, while the principle of yin and yang are not. If we had a great flood in Pokemon, and a large Ark Pokemon saved them all, would a Christian be offended because it was the story of Noah's Ark? No, because it is a parallel, and the legend in-game behind it probably would be an analog of the story.

Actually, it is a set of religions and systems of beliefs all sharing the core ideas of yin and yang, but express and celebrate them differently.

Besides, these pokemon actually represent yin and yang directly, unlike the legends of the 3rd gen. And since, according to that system of belief, yin and yang serve as a balance to each other. There is no third part to them that would balance them or unbalance them. Thus, there can be no third legendary that would serve that purpose. However, considering they represent sources of energy, it would make sense to have a third legendary that encompasses the ideals of yin and yang and serve as a conduit or source of their energy.

Chimchar15

I don't understand why there has not been a tiger pokemon to date. Tiger's are such a big part of eastern culture.

could definitely go for a wandering trio of big cats

Tiger: Ice type
Leopard or Lion: Fire type
Cheetah: Electric type

Raikou would like to have a word with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.