1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

2. InfinitiveThunder

InfinitiveThunder Well-Known Member

I hate when people put the word racism in game world. Why do they take so seriously that Chris Redfield kills black African infected-people, or that Pokemon V Gen is Black & White o that Jynx is black too. In the end the gaming nation will fear to even put the word black in any text for the sake of some stupid people.

3. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Joe always seems to be asleep when all of the big news breaks. This happened with HeartGold and SoulSilver as well.

4. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

Yes, but they'll release this games in the UK as well...

And according to Pokebeach, one of the many names they've trademarked is Pokemon Grey. (I dunno if they already had Gray)

5. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

6. Electivirus

Electivirus Not really, no.

I'm liking the new logos. Snazzy, indeed.

7. palingensia

palingensia amends

Looks like 5th gen is a MJ tribute.

8. Ichi

Ichi swagswagswagswagswag

I like these names. It's like they're going back to the basics. Simple and sweet. I honestly was never impressed with the newer names and had secretly hoped that they would take it back to simpler days. I'm glad Gamefreak heard my plea.

9. Mario with Lasers

Mario with Lasers Unfazeable

Damnit, I was going to make a joke about Yellow fever and Pokémon but that doesn't work since first gen :/ Curse you, Pikachu.

10. talala

talala Well-Known Member

jynx is a pokemon with an actual shape that offended african americans, black is the title of a game, theres nothing racist about the title being black...

11. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

I should get banned. I think I'm the one who started this racism uproar.

12. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

The name refers to he shade. Note that the shade came FIRST. =|
    And even if the word Black is also used as a term to represent the race... So?
    I think people are forgetting what the word "Racist" means.

Just freaking mentioning the name of a race is not racist.

Jeez, humans really do suck.

13. WhismuringLoudred

WhismuringLoudred Munchlax ate my bike

What about Pokemon White Dwarf and Black Hole?

No, then Caucasian midgets would get angry...

14. Mawile412

Mawile412 Problem

well if Pokemon White sells more i bet people will think it's racist. Although i highly doubt it, Black sounds like the new Red/Gold/Ruby/Diamond.

15. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

People have been saying that "Pokemon Black and White" were racist since 1996. Don't worry.

I just hate how people always cry racism over petty things. I'm annoyed about the titles only because of the fact that people will be saying "OMGRACISM" for the next five years.

16. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

No, no. I mean these titles specifically will fuel speculation that will make my eyes bleed.

17. Kindrindra

Kindrindra 大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Ya.
    Hey, maybe the mods should give a warning to anyone that talks about the titles being racist!

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

The names have already been confirmed and I doubt they'd change, even upon the US release of these games. Nothing wrong with colors (shades?) in my opinion. I love the contrast though.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  19. Frontier Brain B

Frontier Brain B I'm that good.

Black will obviously sell more because:

1) Black = DARK = SO COOL FOR THE KIDS
    2) White guilt.

20. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

Same. That's why I'm afraid they may not even come here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.