• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Does Grass Cutter or whatever have a confirmed base power yet? Or is it just the same as Whirlpool and the other?

Grass Mixer it's called and that's all we know. It has the appearance of being similar to whirlpool or firespin, but we can't be sure how powerful it is yet, nor of its effects.

The poster was being sarcastic, though, so I'm not sure if that counts.

Several other people made that comparison first.

EDIT: Ninja'd by derkins

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
@ Cacnea_Carnivine: Are you really srsly that annoyed with the 5th gen?[/sarcasm] I mean, granted the new set aren't what we have all desired, and look a little weird, but we always think that to begin with and then we end up loving most of them.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I dont get how it's even possibly releated to nosepass.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Well the colour scheme isn't a good argument, since I can't think of an example where the evolved form keeps the colour scheme and shows no real resemblance to the original.

nekromedia

unwavering emotions
WHOA
A YELLOW HORSE
MAYBE IT'S RELATED TO PIKACHU

Yeah, besides the color scheme, I don't understand how it's remotely similar to Nosepass. Porygon would be more acceptable, even.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
None would be acceptable. It's not related. Period.

Gaga

Last Shiny (RNG)
Although I agree that it's not related at all, just imagine what would happen if it was :p

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer
So what does everyone think Mr. Green thing is, at first I thought it might be some weird ghost with ectoplasma or something.

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
Triple battle is stupid period. But

*sigh* Characters.
The proffesor is a woman. This ruins there streak of old men.
The boy looks like a girl.
The girl looks like the older sister of the girl from fire red/leaf green.
The blond guy.(I think its the rival) is the coolest charecter ive seen yet. Oh and that CHeren asian chick looks weird.

But the roller coaster. The kick-ass pigeon. And the friggin sarcophocus or just sweet.

What streak of OLD men? I only see Oak and Rowan which are old, Elm is young and Birch is middle aged.
Anyways I think it's about time they did something fresh and used a female professor, I was wanting a female one or twins since I think twin professors would be interesting.

Not sure who Cheren is but s/he makes me think of some geeky person who is acting tough and everything which is kinda cool imo.
I assume you mean the choice trainer when you say boy and girl, imo I don't see how the boy looks like a girl at all.
I don't really see how the girl looks like an older sister to FRLG girl either other than hat colour.

I don't see how people can say the new pokemon don't look like pokemon, they are pokemon so they must look like pokemon, it's not like there is a set design rule for pokemon and everyone can see the designs have changed over time just like anything would as anything would.

LoadedKnife

There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into consideration before anyone assumes the new Pokemon is or isn't a Nosepass/Probopass evolution. GF has showed us that they're willing to turn an average Pokemon into a larger, unnecessary one (Dusknoir, Magmortar, even Probopass himself, if you will) as well as add some interesting new methods of evolution. Looking at the color scheme, Probopass' stats, and the possibility that this could be a Nosepass alternate evolution.

It could also be an entirely new line of Pokemon entirely. GF has also made Pokemon that look similar, but are totally unrelated. This new Pokemon has a similar color-scheme and rocky-shape that is a bit like Nosepass', but nothing definite. It's too soon to tell, the pictures are blurry, we have no official art, a name, or any information on it at all. Personally, I'm neutral to the debate...this Pokemon is a total wild-card, and could go in any direction. We should just wait for a name (since if it doesn't involve pass or noses, it's probably unrelated) to clear everything up, and stop wondering which it is. It truly could be anything...you never know with GF anymore.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
For all the people complaining about the designs, think of this. All the Pokemon we have are 22 of 150+ rumored Pokemon. This can either mean besides a couple more of some odd Pokemon, we can get a **** load of goodness, or we can be getting 150 odd Pokemon with no connections to previous generations, and the biggest fandumb complain will be filed this September.

SmartD

Three on three battles, what a surprise. No wait, actually I thought what would it be like if there were three on three battles. Now the idea came true, I wonder how it will change competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.