• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why you'd expect more.
8 is the most we've ever gotten before. I'm still surprised we got 7 last corocoro.

It's because the more pokémon they show, the more pokémon we will have on B/W. They wouldn't reveal, say, 50 pokémon if they only had 100, don't you agree? ~__~

I was looking at the picture of Tsutaja and Mijumaru's evolutions and from the look of the japanese characters it looks like Mijumaru's name is similar to the name of his evolution...Just thought i'd say that

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba
also here have some adorable art of the ectobaby

It's... just... so cute. ; 3;

Dang it, now I wish that these Pokemon weren't revealed like that, because of the fact that we need to wait to know just what exactly they are.

R_N

It's because the more pokémon they show, the more pokémon we will have on B/W. They wouldn't reveal, say, 50 pokémon if they only had 100, don't you agree? ~__~

Not really at all ~_~

Admit it, you're just greedy for all sorts of Pokemon.

Frankly I'll take the mass reveals of Pokemon (as in, at the same time, like the 7 revealed last coro coro, the 8 shown off in a single trailer) as there being lots of Pokemon.

If I weren't lazy I'd probably trudge through old news sites to find how many were shown off for Gen 3 before release

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
All of the movie-related events have been in-store on first run, usually in Toys 'R Us, rarely at GameStop.

Not to say they can't change that as we move over the divide between generations here, but there's no precedent for it.

Hey, I know you're almost always right.. but here in Europe.. sigh.. I mean Holland.. that's not how it happens and it is actually quite pricy to get a movierelated eventpokemon...

Across the pond and canal you actually have to go the a themepark to get the movie-event pokemon as far as I can remember (been the case for Darkrai and such).. And I'm not willing to pay those travelling and entry fees. With the currency rates it would be $50 USD, without gasmoney. It's just not fair compared to US citizens who only have to walk in a TRS, or GameStop.. which are just about everywhere. At least GameStop is I know that much (as a former foreign exchange student in America who went on frequent road trips).

So that's why I'm hoping for the love of princess amidala that they're not gonna make it a movie eventpokemon.

Definitely think and hope it's Ghost/Grass.

Can't see why people think it's grass.. sure the plasma thing is green, but nothing else indicates it being Grass-type'ish. The things in its arms actually look like rocks to me ala Regirock. So I'm thinking Ghost/Rock(or Ground), Psychic/Rock(or Ground).

R_N

I can see either pure ghost (because that's totally ectoplasm and there is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise) or maybe ghost/psychic

Part psychic because it seems like it's projecting the slime around itself and controlling the limbs with the ball things.
Also ectoplasm and psychics channeling ghosts and stuff like that. (granted, Japan calling it "espers" might complicate things)

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
8 is the most we've ever gotten before. I'm still surprised we got 7 last corocoro.

Well, not to split hairs but we did technically have 10 in the one that came out right before DP's release. But of course, that right was RIGHT before release and a coupld had been shown in screenshots/silohuettes.

But I do think you're right, those eight are probably the MOST we'll get.

Honestly, I'm surprised the official site won't put up names/artwork/info for the Oha Suta Pokemon.

Not really at all ~_~

Admit it, you're just greedy for all sorts of Pokemon.

Exactly. I'm a fat greedy guy, teehee.

Well, I'll wait for Corocoro now. I really want to see gothmon's official artwork.

R_N

Well, not to split hairs but we did technically have 10 in the one that came out right before DP's release. But of course, that right was RIGHT before release and a coupld had been shown in screenshots/silohuettes.

Really? I don't remember that at all. Maybe I'll go through the serebii archives later.

Also those 4 Pokemon from the sketches aren't betas.
Those are their final designs. All that was is a reference sheet for the animators.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Really? I don't remember that at all. Maybe I'll go through the serebii archives later.

Also those 4 Pokemon from the sketches aren't betas.
Those are their final designs. All that was is a reference sheet for the animators.

Really? Everybody I've heard, including Serebii on his 5th Gen Pokemon page says it's beta artwork and subject to change.

R_N

Serebii also says Ononokarasu is a mantis

The anime will presumably air the same day the games come out, meaning they need their designs ahead of time, presumably after the designs had been finalized.

As we can see in the sketches, the three starters have the designs as they do now. I doubt that GameFreak would give them beta designs alongside finished ones since that could mess things up when it comes to scale or things they need to work on.
Meanwhile, the girl is in the exact same pose as her silhouette

Now, due to slight differences in how people draw, there could theoretically be some small differences because of that, but I wouldn't call them beta.

Serebii might just be erring on the side of caution, though.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^

Though, admittedly, if they plan to ever show off Iris and her Pokemon, that tiny thing in the sketches might be shown off.

also here have some adorable art of the ectobaby
b1d5b519f7e1a7090b1902ef77182a7bece.jpg

That Artwork is Adorable, i'm sure it will be on One of my Team's whether it's on my First Isshu Team in Pokemon White or my Team on Pokemon Black and/or Third Version.

If it had a Second Leg I would be Convinced the Green "Suit" was Based off a Toddler Suit or Bear.

I agree, I believe the More Pokemon they Show the More New Pokemon there Will Be.
Anyway with Comment's such as "Most of the Older Generational Pokemon will not be in the Games" and "There will be many New Pokemon and People to Meet" just Confirms to me there will be Alot of New Pokemon^_^

Edit:
@Snowyarticuno:
The Games will be Released on the 18th of September which is a Saturday so unless the Anime Change's the Day it Air's it is likely the First Episode will Air on the 23rd of September^_^

Last edited:

electricwave

glowsticks > lanturn
I'm loving the new Pokemon: there, I said it.

Seriously though, not ONE Pokemon revealed thus far has been confirmed as a pre-evo or evo of any existing one. I never had much tolerance for an excess of these: while cool and exciting, I always felt like too many evolutions robbed the games of more original Pokemon ideas. That was my big problem with Gen 4, evos never really felt to me like totally new Pokemon. So far, in my eyes, we've got a completely original generation on our hands. This is gonna be good.

...except for triple battles.

R_N

Will some one explain to me why Triple Battles are being so hated on

You're not being forced to do them
Single & Double battle still exist

theverybest

That noone ever was?
That ectobaby art was adorable. However, to the creator, you kinda missed out on the transparency of him. Nonetheless superb.

I'm only ohping that some of the art was beta, mostly on tsutarja(?)'s evo. It is reeeeeeally ugly. It went from a snake to a birdfaced-snake. From what I can see anyway. With the probable mijumaru evo, it's not like we should've expected much more. Yeah he looks a lot like mijumaru and a little bit like marshtomp in some mild respects, however, it's not like this is inconsistent. Let's take a look at Blaziken and Infernape for example. THey even have the same type combo. Venusaur and Torterra are both large reptilian grass starters. And before people start flipping out about how those pokemon are nothing alike and whatever other bull they spew, I am not complaining. Just pointing things out, was anyone expecting for mijumaru to evolve into dragon-octopus? Or just a taller otter...with whiskers.

Some people might dislike them because they'd have to use half their team at once. Other might not like it because it seems like they made triple battles "because they can".

I actually think triple battles could make battles much more fast-paced and short, requiring you to improve your strategy to defeat the opponent before they defeat you.

Triplet Gym Leaders, anyone?

Grei

not the color

It's something to complain about. Something isn't perfect so it's as if hell has frozen over.

Though it's marginally justified because there's a chance we will be forced to do it a number of times to show off the Triple Battle. I'm sure a lot of people expect one Gym to have three Leaders, a la Tate and Liza in the 3rd Gen when Double Battles were introduced.

EDIT: Wow, that's weird. Beaten? Is that what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.