• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the rival battle music, I am so stoked for these games! Though, with all three starters being chosen, I wonder how the opposite gender character will fit in...

And yes, I do get a Hoenn vibe! I love it.

Lucario770

What's in the box?
The first time I heard the music, it seemed so different. The second time, I did catch a little Hoenn and possibly even a little Sinnoh too, though that could just be me.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I don't catch the similarities between the battle themes. Maybe because I don't view listening to music as wine-tasting, but I don't really care, honestly.

That being said, the music is pretty decent.

Lucario770

What's in the box?
I don't catch the similarities between the battle themes. Maybe because I don't view listening to music as wine-tasting, but I don't really care, honestly.

That being said, the music is pretty decent.

Well, I really like the music for most games, and overall, Pokemon is no exception. I have friends who just turn off the music and listen to an I-Pod. This music is decent, I'll have to hear it louder and in more bulk.

NES

Flip me to the side!
The battle themes are good, both of them. I like how the room gets all messed up from your battle against Bell (or i suppose that's what happened), and also the gift box containing the starters, that's new.

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
Well, I really like the music for most games, and overall, Pokemon is no exception. I have friends who just turn off the music and listen to an I-Pod. This music is decent, I'll have to hear it louder and in more bulk.

With the music I listen too it's very difficult to bring up a Youtube song (Because I don't have an I-Pod) that even fits with moving around / battling. If the music fits well enough I Seldom have the sound off.

From my tastes, though, I love the battle themes the Pokemon series offers (B/W included), no way the sound goes off unless I'm EV training.

V Faction

www.faction.com
All the zooming and panning and squishing and squashing and stretching and changes in perspective aren't being kind to the in-game graphics.

R_N

I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing, but, uh...what's with the [wild] battle camera before move selection?

It looks like it's trying to do the panning thing the 3d games do, but it looks so sloppy. Camera guy, the Shimama is over there.
At least it doesn't seem to do that in trainer battles.

And it seems Cheren takes the advantageous starter while Belle takes the weaker one.

All the zooming and panning and squishing and squashing and stretching and changes in perspective aren't being kind to the in-game graphics.

It doesn't help that the video itself is poor quality.

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!

I'm going to agree with this. I wonder if the Options will give us an option to make the sprites not move / make the camera not move.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Unfortunately i think these graphic issues won't get a fix until they decide to make a third version, or something. What we see is what we are going to get i guess, since the release date is so close.

R_N

The idle animations are fine, and the panning would be even more awkward without them.

But, really, who thought that panning while idle in a wild (widle) battle would be good? And to such an extent? Hopefully they tighten up the camera before release.

That said I have no problem with the normal zooming in & out during the battle itself. But the panning...

Also Wargle's animation gives me hope that we'll actually see Ho-oh flap its wings!

R_N

Well, at least one thing will happen with Ho-oh: It'll have a new back sprite for the first time in its life.

Hooray!
It's a shame that the back sprites are trying to emulate the front sprite's animations, otherwise we might get to (GASP) see Ho-oh on the ground WITH HIS WINGS CLOSED

V Faction

www.faction.com
My comment about the camera movement extends to the overworld graphics too, not just the battle ones. When you come in low for a close up, maybe even at an angle, you see behind the curtains a little. The buildings show their jagginess, the character sprites get pixelated, things are on different planes of existence.

This is probably the pinnacle of what Pokemon can physically exist as on the Nintendo DS. Instead of a 2D World built with 3D areas of interest, I think we're looking at a closer representation of 2.5.

rocky505

I would rather see Zapdos flapping it's wings since it has never had a sprite with closed wings. (I don't think Ho-Oh has either though). Or a sprite of it actually on the ground too.

Last edited:

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I think the camera moves so much during a wild battle becuase the trainers observing the surroundings, making sure nothing can interfere, in a trainer batte, your focused on the trainer as to make a counter.

Last edited:

Sabonea_Masukippa

Did it occur to anyone that it's the player moving the camera and they were just showing off it's "dynamic"ness and the ability to move it around in the video, rather than that being how actual battles will run?

Status
Not open for further replies.