• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitoshura0

Did it occur to anyone that it's the player moving the camera and they were just showing off it's "dynamic"ness and the ability to move it around in the video, rather than that being how actual battles will run?

I hope that is the case, because I can see it getting real tiring real quick.

rocky505

So what is it like the L and R buttons move the camera or something?

Riversong

Buggy down.
Did it occur to anyone that it's the player moving the camera and they were just showing off it's "dynamic"ness and the ability to move it around in the video, rather than that being how actual battles will run?

In all honesty when I first watched the video that's what I thought was going on. Hopefully it's true.

At any rate, I'm glad Luvdisc is getting an evo (if that's not an evo than I'll be at a loss for words). The animations are looking good; can't wait!

Phantom champion Z

@sabonea It occured to me. During the video i noticed the panning was irregular, so i just assumed it was player controlled. Though what purpose it could serve is beyond me.
possibly just to give a first person feel?....idk.....

[Super_Fjord]

Is a college kid.
@sabonea It occured to me. During the video i noticed the panning was irregular, so i just assumed it was player controlled. Though what purpose it could serve is beyond me.
possibly just to give a first person feel?....idk.....

I was under the impression that the camera was panning in between moves--like Pokemon Coliseum and the Stadium games, where the camera would switch angles and go around randomly while the player selected attacks/items/etc.

halloweenghost

[Super_Fjord];11437705 said:
I was under the impression that the camera was panning in between moves--like Pokemon Coliseum and the Stadium games, where the camera would switch angles and go around randomly while the player selected attacks/items/etc.

This is what i think it is too

Sabonea_Masukippa

Well, either way, since this is the first time we've seen the random panning in a battle video I don't think it's very likely that it's always going to be like that, whether the player is controlling it or not.

KuroiMawile

Hm, I must admit, that rival theme is catchy, bouncy, and non-threatening, when I first heard it I thought they'd be different for each rival.
Also, a 'pinch' battle theme? Very interesting.
Also D-pading the camera would be an option. (since it moved up and down in some parts)

Last edited:

Allenkun

The battle music is catchy. And so is the rival music. Can someone translate what Cheren and Beru say? And also the letter. If someone already did that please take the time to tell me because I'm too lazy to check back.

TheUltimateTrainer

The lost trainer
would be funny if the pokémon that looks like an Luvdisc evo really was a Luvdisc evo, just like in my dream XD

Sabonea_Masukippa

The battle music is catchy. And so is the rival music. Can someone translate what Cheren and Beru say? And also the letter. If someone already did that please take the time to tell me because I'm too lazy to check back.

The Letter basically says:
....I'm sending 3 Pokemon along with this letter. You and your friends, please pick one each, ok?
Sincerely,
Araragi

Cheren's dialogue:
Mijumaru, I'm gonna draw out your strengths, ok?

Belle's:
And on that note, Black (Your Name)! Let's start our Pokemon Battle!

FallenStar93

I'm really excited about the Luvdisc evolution. I hope it has better stats than Luvdisc.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I agree. That's so obviously a Luvdisc evo. Normally I wouldn't be so quick to say something like that, but I firmly believe it is, indeed, a Luvdisc evolution.

nekromedia

unwavering emotions
Some of you users are so blind.

It's clearly the secret evolution of Ditto.

Tch.
Please.
Male evolution of Smoochum.

No, but seriously, does anyone think this ISN'T a Luvdisc evolution? Anyone at all?
I wonder if it'll get to use Heart Stamp.

Sponge

[Super_Fjord];11437705 said:

I was looking at it....and to me it looks far too much like it's player controlled. As said before the movements were irregular. I wouldn't expect a camera like the coliseum or Stadium games to act like this one does.

If it wasn't player controlled I'd expect it to go left, centre, right, centre, left, centre, right, centre (maybe it would pan up and down after every time it's gone left and right) and have some kind of rhythm or timing to it, not something like left, centre, up, centre, left, centre, right, centre, down, centre, right....it's too random. :/

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
An image has cropped up on 2ch showcasing what may be two new Pokémon. A sheep and a strange Dark/Steel Pokémon.

We're unsure on the authenticity of this but Liam (Archaic) and I think it's fake due to parts of the screenshots seeming to have been lifted off of other screenshots

fake.jpg

The Sheep Pokémon is called Aparuka (アパルカ). It is Grass/Flying-type and is 1.3m tall and 50kg in mass.
The bottom Pokémon is called Naoie (ナオイエ). It is Dark/Steel-type. It is 1.4m tall and 80kg in mass

Status
Not open for further replies.