• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen_one386

Angel of Chaos
No, it isn't easy to get wi-fi.

I don't have wi-fi, my mall has no wi-fi, my nearby mcdonalds has no wi-fi, and I'm not a teen who goes outside everyday, so I'm pretty much screwed.

And those of us who do have Wi-fi, can't necessarily access it with our DSi and such. I have a terrible time trying to access it in my house and elsewhere.

Wi-fi isn't everywhere, and not all communities have it. :/

BCVM22

And those of us who do have Wi-fi, can't necessarily access it with our DSi and such.

A problem entirely on you, not with the technology. It's not difficult to set your router as necessary, it's simply that so many people find it to be a task so daunting that as soon as you say something like "change your router settings to WEP", most people choose to glaze over and weep quietly.

No, but it is in many, many places and most communities do. Again, don't pretend for a second that their task is to make the events available to everyone. It isn't, and they literally can't. Their goal is to make them available to as many people as possible, and by holding the events in major national retail chains and later via Wi-Fi, that's exactly what they do.

Anyone else really need to bring in their sob story about how they just can't get Wi-Fi, whatever they try? I can copy and paste these same answers as many times as you need.

R_N

But the point is MOST do.

Would you prefer they only do store events?
Are you more willing to go out and drive to one of those?

hitoshura0

And those of us who do have Wi-fi, can't necessarily access it with our DSi and such. I have a terrible time trying to access it in my house and elsewhere.

As BCVM already said, it as easy as getting a good wireless router and setting it p with WEP protection at the highest. It isn't that hard. And if you do have it, but it isn't working you probably have the security set too high. Disable the security, and you have it as easy as that.

If you fail to even look for a spot if you can't, than you're lazy and not really able to complain. Fortune favors the bold, after all.

And Fused, I'm pretty sure (99% sure) that the USB adaptor is discontinued, but you should be able to find on ebay or at a Gamestop if you're lucky.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
ok, so that scan that was posted here yesterday, was it real or fake? I never caught that detail

R_N

How could you miss that detail?
Every single time it was brought up we detailed exactly why it was fake.
Across every thread, it seemed like.

Shoot the first hour of the scan was spent debunking it

zlxq3000

Master Collector
To all the people that don't have Wi-Fi readily available:

Before I got my wireless router, Nintendo used to (and most likely still does) sell a $10-20 USB based add-on to your computer. You plug that USB into your computer and it takes the internet going to that cimputer and puts out a Wi-Fi signal that you can use for these types of things.

Nintendo hasn't ever left any of you in the dark. Between technology, inexpensive add-ons, and public places offering Wi-Fi... well, Wi-Fi is everywhere.

"This item is not available for purchase."

I own one of those. They don't work. They also don't make them anymore, though I can't remember why.

It's sometimes possible to get onto wifi. Sometimes, but not always. There are routers that Nintendo products can't access for one reason or another, like some D-Links (which are the ones used in my current residence, unfortunately), and public internet usually requires some sort of confirmation password or something to access it, making it inaccessible to DSes (I've tried connecting to the internet in McDonald's, my local mall, and Panera Bread, as well as a few other places; none of them can connect my DS to the internet, despite advertising their free wifi capabilities). The only times I've been able to access the internet through my DS were when I'd be going to visit friends at my old college and staying in their house, which had a router I could use. That's not the case anymore; I'll probably miss out on the Enigma Stone event, unfortunately.

The best we can hope for is that in the future, wifi events will exist for at least a longer window of time, if not forever (or at least through that generation). Of course, we can also hope for customizable characters or Cyrus and Giovanni to team up and form a super-evil organization, but who knows if any of that will ever happen?

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム

I was too busy looking at the possible new Pokemon. The Chimacho evo and the Sarcophagus had my hopes up :(

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?

Maybe he left when it was just announced, and just now came back.

But yeah, it's fake. And, it's been being called fake nearly every hour for the last day or so now.

"This item is not available for purchase."

I own one of those. They don't work. They also don't make them anymore, though I can't remember why.

It's sometimes possible to get onto wifi. Sometimes, but not always. There are routers that Nintendo products can't access for one reason or another, like some D-Links (which are the ones used in my current residence, unfortunately), and public internet usually requires some sort of confirmation password or something to access it, making it inaccessible to DSes (I've tried connecting to the internet in McDonald's, my local mall, and Panera Bread, as well as a few other places; none of them can connect my DS to the internet, despite advertising their free wifi capabilities). The only times I've been able to access the internet through my DS were when I'd be going to visit friends at my old college and staying in their house, which had a router I could use. That's not the case anymore; I'll probably miss out on the Enigma Stone event, unfortunately.

The best we can hope for is that in the future, wifi events will exist for at least a longer window of time, if not forever (or at least through that generation). Of course, we can also hope for customizable characters or Cyrus and Giovanni to team up and form a super-evil organization, but who knows if any of that will ever happen?
What are you talking about? I have one, and it works perfectly.

R_N

Uh, Wi-Fi events do last a long time. Often for a solid month.

If they ALL stayed up it would cause problems with Wonder Cards and the downloading of them.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
well, when the real tarantula Pokemon comes out, I hope it looks as good as that one. I really want an alternative to Ariados.

I live in Mexico, considered by many to be a third-world country, and I still got every Wi-Fi event without any problems; now back to actual 5th gen discussion..

A Flying/Normal seems unlikely, considering we already know that Mamepato and Wooguru are already confirmed to have that typing. It seems foolish to have a third Pokemon with the typing, especially when this one has more potential than the other two.

We don't know that. Until now it may have the same potential as they do, we don't know its name nor do we know its ability, I know it's your opinion, but you sounded so convinced of it. Wooguru looks pretty threatening, as for Mamepato we'll have to see its final stage.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
the cyrus and giovanni idea is epic it can be called team NASA

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I'm actually very glad the Luvdisc evo sprite is fake. It looks like it has a pink mohawk!

EDIT: Rank up!

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
We don't know that. Until now it may have the same potential as they do, we don't know its name nor do we know its ability, I know it's your opinion, but you sounded so convinced of it. Wooguru looks pretty threatening, as for Mamepato we'll have to see its final stage.

The other two are confirmed to be Normal/Flying, and there is no disputing that. They have potential to ONLY be Normal/Flying. I suppose that Game Freak could change one of their types last minute, but what are the odds of that, with just over a month to it's Japanese release?

This "Swan" has potential to be something else, if only for the reason we don't KNOW what it is yet. Why waste good potential just to make a third Normal/Flying? It's stupid.

That's why Wooguru and Mamepato have more potential for Normal/Flying than "Swan" does, because it's already confirmed that's what they are.

bushes283

I'm actually very glad the Luvdisc evo sprite is fake. It looks like it has a pink mohawk!

EDIT: Rank up!

The luvdisk evo isn't fake, it was already confirmed weeks ago. Although it hasn't been confirmed as a luvdisk evo yet, technically it's speculation. But the design makes it rather obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.