• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
I like the idea of no old pokemon till after you finish, this is similar to RSE IMO where it was very easy to just use 3rd gen pokemon which I always do anyway.

I don't see the problem really, they're new games and I always felt they should be treated more like new games not all this "ooh I'm going to just ignore all the new bits and use the old bits only" business, I mean when people where like saying they're going to bring over old pokemon from other games to complete the game I didn't really understand the point.

So yeah, nice new and fresh is for me definitely.

I can't wait for this upcoming corocoro either, I wonder how many new pokemon we'll see or which onesit'll explain that where leaked already.

Zero38

Self-made
I can confirm that this is true. Jun'ichi Masuda said it on his blog, plus it's just a reiteration of what was said in the trailer last week. It even specified Pikachu cant be found in the game
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/55846468?page=3&tc=Ryu+Kaiser+Form+X
scroll down
serebii said This
But The other thread.. I can't find It , But I'm sure Serebii said this game will bring The highest number of new pokemon.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I can confirm that this is true. Jun'ichi Masuda said it on his blog, plus it's just a reiteration of what was said in the trailer last week. It even specified Pikachu cant be found in the game
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/55846468?page=3&tc=Ryu+Kaiser+Form+X
scroll down
serebii said This
But The other thread.. I can't find It , But I'm sure Serebii said this game will bring The highest number of new pokemon.

It kind of sounds like what we already know.

Still, I can deduce that it'll be a pretty big number if there are no older Pokemon during the course of the actual game.

TeamRocketAgent

Like most Pokemon games, there's probably gonna be a special area after you complete the game where there will be Pokemon outside the regional Dex, like the Battle Zone in DPPt, BW will likely have something similar.
If there is going to be another seperate section you can travel to once you've beaten the Elite Four, then I really hope that it's going to have something a bit more of interest than the battle zone. I thought the Battle Frontier was great, but then the rest of the area just sort of... fizzled out.

Espeon POWER!

Coral Eye Trainer
Actually, if there are 136+ 5th Gen Pokemon, it'll still be the biggest addition ever.

Well considering it looks like there's only going to be 5th gen pokes in BW, there's is going to have to be =< amount pokemon to that of RGBY so there would have to be at least 150/151+ new pokemon added thus it's definitely going to be the largest IMO.

shayminXIII

i am looking foward to the swan pokemon's name type something and what role dento n and aloe have

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

scroll down
serebii said This

Are you sure that that is Serebii, as in the webmaster who created Serebii.net?

Why did he post that on some forums and not here or on Serebii?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If there are 152+ new pokemon, that means the 5th gen will be the biggest one ever. I'm excited :)

The largest, but only by a few extra Pokemon. It's not too much of a big deal though, considering that they wanted a totally new angle and there have been hints that Black and White would be more like generation one in the sense that we'd start over fresh with no outside influence. That's also why no old Pokemon from previous generations are present until an undetermined point in time.

halloweenghost

where was it confirmed that there would be 152+ new pokemon?

it wasn't said in the blog.

serebii said on gamefaqs there would be alot more... and when asked he said...

"now that would be telling..." meaning he has some thing from his sources that he is not to say

Sabonea_Masukippa

Serebii posted something of GameFAQ's forums suggesting that he knew that we would be getting 152+ Pokemon, because Gen 5 was going to have the most additions of any.

Status
Not open for further replies.