1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier Brain B

Frontier Brain B I'm that good.

How can "fanon" be "confirmed?" So, in three years when the third game comes out, and it's none of the trademarked names, do you just stand there going "duuurr?"

2. NoDice

NoDice The Sandstorm Slayer

Rather than Pokemon "Rainbow" or "Gray" I personally think Pokemon "Prism" would be better. Not saying thats a possibility at all, but yeah Prism would account for all colors with White and Black being two polar opposites of the color spectrum.

3. Indragon

Indragon Back in the USSR

Because just because rubies, sapphires, emeralds, diamonds, pearls and platinum have a colour doesn't mean they are colours. It's like saying Pokemon House Version is named after a colour because your house is painted some colour.

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

It's not that they aren't colors, they're simply all either precious metals, precious materials or gemstones first and colors second.

I laughed.

5. Mawile412

Mawile412 Problem

I thought it was because their names came first Like Red and Blue, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl, Black and White. O_O

6. realarcastform

realarcastform Rotom Trainer

Black and White makes perfect sense, it's a renewal of the series and a new turn.

7. Mario with Lasers

Mario with Lasers Unfazeable

Straight from dear Wiki:

Yin - Dark, female, low, cold
    Yang - Light, male, high, hot

Bleh, calling it now. White will be the hot version with a male Uber based on Yang and Black, the cold one with a female Uber based on Yin.

(yes I'm calling this out of almost ZERO base, just like Dialga/Palkia would be related to the jewels and ended up merely having them on their bodies)

Got me.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  8. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

lol Nice one :)

I like that idea. I'm going to lol if that name becomes trademarked :)

Isn't Crystal technically a color? I thought it was?

9. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

They are shades of the colors that they are often associated with. Look at Crayola, they made Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Pearl/Gold/Silver crayons.

10. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You can tab every core title with a counterpart as being either a warm color ([Fire]Red, [Heart]Gold, Ruby, Pearl, White) or a cool color ([Leaf]Green/Blue, [Soul]Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Black). The punchline is that Diamond/Pearl and Black/White subverted the trend of the first three generations by putting the cool color first instead of second.

11. Indragon

I like the simplicity of the names, the perfect colour duo as Pokemon game names is cool. I'll be interested to see if or how Yin/Yang is incorporated.

12. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

That's a relief.

I'm sorry I'm saying stuff like this, but I have severe Paranoia, and it makes me think of ridiulous stuff like that all the time.

13. talala

talala Well-Known Member

everyone has their own prototype, or what they recognize something as right away, gold, silver, and crystal to most people are ores, ruby, sapphire, and emerald are gems to most people, and diamond, pearl, and platinum are that one thing i can never think of the name...

point being people think they're ores/gems/whatever before they think of them as colors, black and white aren't colors, they're really shades, but everyones prototype will tell them that black and white are colors, making everyone believe gamefreak is reverting to colors, which they aren't.

14. Astus

Astus Well-Known Member

The titles took me by surprise. In the regards of simplicity but I'm perfectly fine with it. Now, to wait for some concrete news on the games.

15. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Worth noting that the site lists the pair as Nintendo DS titles, not DSi or 3DS-exclusive titles. While there's no guarantee they won't include features for those versions of the DS, it at least confirms that regular DS and DS Lite owners will have nothing to worry about, similar to how Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket and Super Game Boy owners were capable of playing Pokémon Gold and Silver without any issues.

The site goes live on April 15.

16. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Please stop saying that Black and White are shades. Yes, they are. They represent an absence of color. But when there is color, they are colors.

17. Olympichero191

Olympichero191 Embraced by Hatred..

Having to go to work in the morning wasn't going to be a problem until the announcement of these new names. Now I'm too excited to sleep. I hate the time difference between Japan and America. >=(

But needless to say, I'm excited. I think it's more for the simple fact that there's going to be actual news soon than that there's actual names for the games.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  18. Indragon

No, like BCVM22 said, they are gemstones first, and only then do they have a colour which these stones represent. Sure, they can be crayons but the names are still those of gemstones.

Btw, imo Gold and Silver are colours first then metals.

19. Busterella

Busterella Yum!

I really like the titles and logos. Simple, striking, classy, and unexpected.

I'm very excited to see where this gen is going.

20. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

I begin to think this is going to turn into a 'colours or shades?' thread.

On-topic, I'm definitely getting one of these, but I won't know which until a lot more info is revealed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.