1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indragon

Indragon Back in the USSR

Black and White are colours.

Also, if they change the names, it's possible they may be something like PearlyWhite and ShadowBlack. I know, those names are no good, but you get the idea. I'll still say that Black and White would be the better names though.

2. Starrbuck06

Starrbuck06 Well-Known Member

I quite like the names,basic yet it clearly defines contrast between the 2 versions. I would have edged for Ebony and Ivory version but hey... A new Pokemon game is a new Pokemon game. Can't wait until Pokemon sunday and or CoroCoro.

3. master54100

master54100 Well-Known Member

bit disappointing to be honest. i was hoping for something more valuable than diamond and pearl seeing as that's the so far looks like they finally gave up on it and dropped back to basic colors =( there goes pokemon plutonium and uranium which was my guess, though black and white are still powerful colors to use for contrast and inspite of the fact i cant sell black or white for the same i can sell a diamond for to a jewler it dose tend to suggest an epic game. hopefully its still a step back from diamond and pearl though the story to those games was made terrible by by making it to big and unbelievable to the point i didn't care about the story any more, bring back something simple like team rocket.

P.S light type being its own type would be to confusing next to some electric attacks. possible but i doubt it.

4. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

That's a relief. I was afraid that if they were more 3DS-oriented titles, I wouldn't have been able to get them (am broke and cannot afford any new systems for a while) and I would be one sad trainer :)

5. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

Gold:
    Rainbow Wing

Silver:
    Silver Wing

Ruby:
    Red Orb

Sapphire:
    Blue Orb

Diamond:
    Adamant Orb

Pearl:
    Lustrous Orb

Black & White: ???

I truly wonder if they'll keep up the tradition of an In-game item that connects to the different versions.

6. Indragon

Confirmed a long time ago.

A weird idea - would Black put a great emphasis on evil/evil team than its White counterpart?

7. Miune

Miune it's go time.

Black and White?

Thank god.

I was getting tired of the ridiculous names. Platinum took it too far.

8. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Not likely. Never has a Pokemon game had its color reflect the storyline.

9. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Aaaaand it begins...

Yes, I bet the young kids at whom the games are aimed would have taken to names like "Plutonium" and "Uranium" like flies to stink. The third game could have been "Pokémon Yellowcake".

I don't think that means what you think it means.

One, who plays Pokémon for the story? Honestly. Two, just because you don't have the attention span for something a touch more intricate than "Team Rocket wants to steal Pokémon!" doesn't mean there was anything wrong with it.

10. Indragon

Shadow Orb and Radiance Orb is my guess.

11. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

Perhaps they'll have two villainous teams with opposite objectives, much like Teams Aqua and Magma?

With the Yin-Yang idea, though, I've personally imagined a pair of villainlous teams where one involves itself with the earth while the other involves itself with the sky.

12. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

I want more info on these games! I tend to be a little bit skeptical on why they choose these two titles for the fifth gen. Black and White don't really tell me much. To me it sounds like light and darkness and i guess i can predict the third game being gray or something lol. I mean there isn't much to look forward too once you hit space and time right?

13. TitanT30

TitanT30 Member

What about the black holes? Get them mad and have the earth sucked into another dimension. ;201-m;

14. DBK

DBK Renegade Trainer

I know. It's just that seeing it on the official site makes it feel more concrete. I don't know, I guess that's just me :)

My guess: White - Sacred Jewel
    Black - Dark Matter

15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Demanding will make it come quicker.

Skeptical about what? We don't know anything yet.

Neither did Red and Green. Or Gold and Silver. Or Ruby and Sapphire. Or Diamond and Pearl.

Perhaps we should just conclude that in their simplicity, the core title names don't generally tell a whole lot about what awaits within?

16. Mawile412

Mawile412 Problem

I was about to say the same thing xD

17. Yamikarasu

Yamikarasu Wannabe Hasbeen

Well Black and White definitely sounds like the main legendaries will represent good and evil, although those who say that the games' titles have never reflected the storyline are right. However, there have never been games that screamed something like "OMG Epic battle between good and evil" like black and white does, imo.

18. Danitsku

Danitsku Well-Known Member

pokemon black and white. ;) i like it. simple, sleek... good job game freak. ^_^ i may get white version, but there's always version exclusives. >.> so whichever one will be cooler...

19. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

And yet keep in mind that this is Pokémon, a franchise that goes out of its way at every level to dispell the notion of outright evil, particularly in regards to the titular critters.

20. Indragon

Hmm...now that I think about it, it's probably the version legendary who'll depict black/white or yin/yang and there'll be two teams after them. Still, I get the feeling of some stark contrast between the games this time.

You could go back to more simple roots of good/evil and work on some other myths I guess.

lol :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.