• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
Hmm, not a big fan of either the boy or girl protagonist right now... Hopefully they'll have more flattering sprite, but I'm liking everything else so far. :)

Something tells me that the GTS is only for Pokemon Black and White. How can it work if you put up a Zoroark and ask for a Wigglytuff, and then a kid with a Platinum tries to trade over the Wigglytuff? There'd be problems if GTS trading was allowed between the 5th Gen and 4th Gen games.

I'm seeing something closer to a Time Machine being implemented. Trading and Battling between 5th and 4th Gen would be impossible unless the 5th Gen trainer was using Pokemon and moves from the 4th Gen and earlier only. It makes more sense for there to be a Time Machine for your 4th Gen games.

The GTS:

-You post a Pokemon, then put what you want in return for it.

People who play D/P/Pt won't be able to get a Zoroark, as they haven't seen one in their PokeDexes, well simply because it didn't exist at that point in time.

So that Kid in HG/SS or D/P/Pt won't be able to post his Wigglytuff online, and say he want's a Zoroark, he can only put he wants a Pokemon between Bulbasaur and Arceus.

But the GTS in Black and White would be compaitable with D/P/Pt and HG/SS, as if someone put an Abra up from B/W and wanted a Skuntank for say, and the Skuntank was on D/P/Pt. The trade could go through as long as the Abra had No New Moves, and for people which are going to moan 'Location Data' and all that, the Abra would simply say it was 'Faraway Place' similar to how a Pokemon from Johto's data when sent to Sinnoh.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Where the hell did you get that from? Emerald is my favorite game. I was explaining facts to the guy. The third games are essentially Game Freak's moneyshots.

sorry, but i was confused by your first sentence, so i just asked ^^

Cerex

The comparison people are making to the controversy over Jynx is inaccurate. Jynx was controversial because her appearance was reminiscent of the old Blackface characters from the old days of minstrels shows, not just because her face was black. A far more better comparison to this would be the controversy that there was in Germany over the Registeel sprite.

Naming the games Pokemon Black and Pokemon White is just colors, and since the games are you know identical besides the legendaries you can catch and a view version exclusives I doubt any one will seriously say it is racism, as one game isn't being treated worse than the other.

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Hmm, not a big fan of either the boy or girl protagonist right now... Hopefully they'll have more flattering sprite, but I'm liking everything else so far. :)

I personally want to know the thought process on the girl.

"Hey guys, we've done cap, backwards cap, headband, and a beret. What next?!"
"... Give the girl a cap?"
"PROMOTIONS"

And I'm sure it's too early to tell, but the guy's sprite... His jacket looks a lot like Lucas's in Paltinum, no?

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures
To people who are already complaining about how the game looks...grainy, skewed, cellphone leaked pictures have never really showcased anything well. My guess is once we see some high quality video or photos of the game it'll look a lot better.

Anyway I too must say, "MY GOSH IS THIS POKEMON?" I'm going to miss the bird's eye view from all the previous games, but who knows maybe you can toggle the angle of the camera.

I really like the new battle screen it's very nice to see that you can see all of the pokemon's back now, as before some pokemon back sprites were just too small and all you could see of them were like the very top of their head or something. Not sure why we can't see hp bars anymore...maybe they are somewhere else or hadn't popped up yet.
I love that you can see the pokemon's shadows but it bothers me that at least on Zoroark...it isn't quite lining up with his left foot >_> but that's really not that bad just a pet peeve.

I don't like the huge fuzzy black circles around the battle area though, but who knows that might just be an effect of an attack, like dark pulse or something.

The city looks very imposing, I wonder if there will be a very industrial feel to most of the landscapes or just this one area?

Anyway nothing looks horrible and as such I'm going to hold out judgment of the games till I ACTUALLY PLAY THEM!

I'm pretty confident that we are seeing the very start of a wild Pokemon battle in this clip, and that no moves are being used, maybe it's just a capsule.

OR, maybe the HP is on the bottom screen now, and the battle animations are more intense and in detailed. I'm hoping for the latter personally

GonbeTR

Banned
First, second ad third generations all had the "pokemon game" feeling with 2d overworld building, interesting design which are different in each town. But in fourth generation I think overworld design lost the "pokemon game feeling" with introduction of little 3d; and appareantly it completely lost "beautiful, colorful and cute feeling" in 5th generation.

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures
To people who are already complaining about how the game looks...grainy, skewed, cellphone leaked pictures have never really showcased anything well. My guess is once we see some high quality video or photos of the game it'll look a lot better.

Anyway I too must say, "MY GOSH IS THIS POKEMON?" I'm going to miss the bird's eye view from all the previous games, but who knows maybe you can toggle the angle of the camera.

I really like the new battle screen it's very nice to see that you can see all of the pokemon's back now, as before some pokemon back sprites were just too small and all you could see of them were like the very top of their head or something. Not sure why we can't see hp bars anymore...maybe they are somewhere else or hadn't popped up yet.
I love that you can see the pokemon's shadows but it bothers me that at least on Zoroark...it isn't quite lining up with his left foot >_> but that's really not that bad just a pet peeve.

I don't like the huge fuzzy black circles around the battle area though, but who knows that might just be an effect of an attack, like dark pulse or something.

The city looks very imposing, I wonder if there will be a very industrial feel to most of the landscapes or just this one area?

Anyway nothing looks horrible and as such I'm going to hold out judgment of the games till I ACTUALLY PLAY THEM!

I'm pretty confident that we are seeing the very start of a wild Pokemon battle in this clip, and that no moves are being used, maybe it's just a capsule.

OR, maybe the HP is on the bottom screen now, and the battle animations are more intense and in detailed so need more room. I'm hoping for the latter personally

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Jeez, I wish GF wouldn't make the female protags look so awesome, I'm kind of tired of explaining to my buds why I keep choosing the girls. D:

HAHA, I was thinking the same thing. Seriously, I'm just starting to think the Lucas is not as ugly as I originally though (only took 3 and a half years) and now this. Seriously, Brendan was the last good looking one.

GonbeTR

Banned
First, second ad third generations all had the "pokemon game" feeling with 2d overworld building, interesting design which are different in each town. But in fourth generation I think overworld design lost the "pokemon game feeling" with introduction of little 3d; and appareantly it completely lost "beautiful, colorful and cute feeling" in 5th generation.

beroberto212

Pme 4 fc
Wow,ok, this is kinda iffy. I wasn't sure what to expect but I never thought the entire game would look like the roof of the GF tower in Celadon. If the controls are the same HG/SS will be my last game.

Neurotic Nuckelavee

Monochromatic Beast

OR, maybe the HP is on the bottom screen now, and the battle animations are more intense and in detailed. I'm hoping for the latter personally

Hmm I was sure it was mid attack, seeing as there are what look like purple orb/starts firing around? Maybe it is mid start and that's a ball capsule effect or something but to me it looked like either Zorua or Zoroark where creating this effect.

beroberto212

Pme 4 fc
Wow,ok, this is kinda iffy. I wasn't sure what to expect but I never thought the entire game would look like the roof of the GF tower in Celadon. If the controls are the same HG/SS will be my last game.

ddrt

I don't want to rain on everyone's parade but you all do remember how they let pikachu follow you in Yellow and then took away that aspect with the following games, right?

What's to stop them from doing that again?

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures
Ummm...Did anybody else notice that the Nurse at the counter in the Pokemon Center is NOT Nurse Joy?

Ha! No ****ing way. I didn't realise that.

Either that or she's just gotten a makeover.

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
um its the 5th generation we're expecting improvements o_O and these screenshots definitely proves it.

rocky505

has anyone noticed how the boy looks like Jaden Yuki from Yugioh GX.

Status
Not open for further replies.