• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manene!

I'm also wondering, how the heck can people already decide on what version they're gonna buy? It seems silly IMO, since we don't know who's on the cover or any exclusives.
-_-
Some of us buy a certain one, like, I always buy the second game. Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Leaf Green, Pearl, Soul Silver. I'll most likely get White.

Ummm...Did anybody else notice that the Nurse at the counter in the Pokemon Center is NOT Nurse Joy?

Looks like Nurse Joy to me. The camera angle in that screenshot is distorted, and plus the scan isn't in good quality.

And to not make this post completely pointless, a friend had pointed out that they've probably been working on this for a long time now. I mean, they took a few years for Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus, correct? They probably did all of that to keep Black and White secret and work on making it AWESOME.

SnorlaxRules

Yay, it looks like they might have made an actual city in these games, this is opposed to something that might have 10 acceeabke buildings in it, personally i want to see an enormous city, with over 50 accessable buildings in it perhaps, but that's edging uncomfortably close to speculation so i'll stop there. The graphics look like there going to be amazing, the extra 3Dness will make the games a lot better :D i hope they keep the way of moving (affectively as if it were on a square grid instead of free movement) but the pictures dont really show either way. The new pokemon look great as well. All in all out of the extremely minimal info we have i think it looks like its going to be a great game. i just hope that they haven't sacrificed length or complexity of the game for Graphical detail, we need both :D

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures
has anyone noticed how the boy looks like Jaden Yuki from Yugioh GX.

Yeah he does. I'm not that aware of that character though, Yu-Gi-Oh lost me when they axed Yugi.

I'm pretty confident that we are seeing the very start of a wild Pokemon battle in this clip, and that no moves are being used, maybe it's just a capsule.

OR, maybe the HP is on the bottom screen now, and the battle animations are more intense and in detailed so need more room. I'm hoping for the latter personally

Zoroark's using a move (Possibly Dark Pulse) and when you use a move like in Gen IV, the HP/Status Bar temporary dissapears then comes back after the animation.

Grei

not the color
Well I don't mean the puzzles to be the same. I just mean the HM moves to work like the magic things from that game.

Or, to be more interactive. Why not slash on the touch screen yourself to use Cut? Push to move boulders or break them. Touch the screen where you want Flash to work. Fly/Teleport could have a small and fast mini-game? xD

Anyway, you get what I mean.

As fun as the latter-most one would be, the purpose of Fly is to get you quickly to a Pokemon Center, a purpose that would be defeated with a mini-game. The other ones would be cool, though.

The Plat trainer wouldn't be able to see Zoroark. Because Zoroark isn't IN Platinum.

Duh. That is my point.

Profile said:
Only Pokemon up to 4th gen would probably be GTS'd between B/W and D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

So 5th Gen Pokemon and 5th-gen moves are excluded from the GTS? Otherwise, how could you regulate something like that?

The only thing I could see would be that 5th-Gen Pokemon can only be put up for trade with other 5th-Gen Pokemon. But even then that seems a little much to regulate. We know that the GTS can keep a Pokemon (such as a Legendary) from being traded if it's below a certain level (the lowest level at which it's available), but can the GTS regulate what Pokemon other, specific Pokemon can be traded with?

I don't want to rain on everyone's parade but you all do remember how they let pikachu follow you in Yellow and then took away that aspect with the following games, right?

What's to stop them from doing that again?

I brought that up earlier. Apparently, only you and I care. That was a great aspect they added in HGSS, with the Pokemon following you around and giving you items and overall it was an awesome little perk they added. I'm disappointed that they removed it in Pokemon BW, and I'm also not very happy that EVERYTHING is in 2.5D-3D now. The occasional 3D building and whatnot in DPPtHGSS was fine, but now this? It's not the format of Pokemon anymore, it seems like the controls are only going to be complicated. Plus, the battle format seems to be quite complicated too. They should have just stuck with the DPPtHGSS format mainly, maybe added a few 3D updates here and there, but not a complete revamp.

Last edited:

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
First, second ad third generations all had the "pokemon game" feeling with 2d overworld building, interesting design which are different in each town. But in fourth generation I think overworld design lost the "pokemon game feeling" with introduction of little 3d; and appareantly it completely lost "beautiful, colorful and cute feeling" in 5th generation.

>lost
>beautiful

No. While the screenshots are kind of poor, it's fairly obvious the 3D is being dealt with pretty closely to DPP, except much more fine-tuned.

Ah, Pokémon fans. Change something, it sucks. Leave it the same, it sucks.

Valkyrie X

Conclusively though, it's the storyline that will be make or break for me. If we see Team Ying and Team Yang trying to awaken a legendary Pokemon to be naughty scamps with, I will be dissapointed.

Definitely agreed there. I admit, I'd be pretty ****** too if I had to go through that same old song and dance all over again...

I, for one, love the graphics, the city especially. Yeah, it's true that they could've waited and released Black/White for the 3DS, but still, I'm not overly bothered by it. The graphics were never the most concerning factor in Pokemon, anyway, so I'm pretty satisfied with what they're giving us.

Onto the main characters. I think the male actually looks quite cool from what little I can tell, he seems to have a neat outfit and I like his hair. The girl...I'm kind of mixed about. I like her concept, but I don't think she translates well as an overworld sprite. The ponytail is awkward, it just seems to stick out way too much from the rest of her. And the strands on the side of her face look too much like sideburns (am I the only one who thinks so?). That's just me, though...o_O

The battle scene looks completely epic, I have nothing to complain about here. I see it as a HUGE improvement over the previous battle structures. It just looks better in every possible way. That is all.

Loving the Pokecenter/mart combo as well. Yaaaaaaaaaay convenience.

The only thing I'm miffed about is that they're not indicating that Pokemon can follow you this time...unless there's the option to just keep your Pokemon in its ball. I don't see a very good reason why they'd remove the feature after it was such a big hit in HG/SS. Maybe it's exclusive for the 3rd game, maybe they've just decided to scrap it and focus on other aspects instead...sigh. Guess we'll just have to wait til more info's released...

And even though it's really not important at all, I'd also prefer it if the key Black/White legendary Pokemon weren't featured on the covers. It wouldn't hurt if that same old mold was broken. I rather doubt Zoroark will be the Black star, though, since it seems like they also would've had to release pics of the White star to couple him.

But anyway, yeah, looks pretty tight so far.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I pray to God we can get our pokemon from DPPt and HGSS into these games.

I don't want a repeat of the 3rd Gen...

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures
I brought that up earlier. Apparently, only you and I care. That was a great aspect they added in HGSS, with the Pokemon following you around and giving you items and overall it was an awesome little perk they added. I'm disappointed that they removed it in Pokemon BW, and I'm also not very happy that EVERYTHING is in 2.5D-3D now. The occasional 3D building and whatnot in DPPtHGSS was fine, but now this? It's not the format of Pokemon anymore, it seems like the controls are only going to be complicated. Plus, the battle format seems to be quite complicated too. They should have just stuck with the DPPtHGSS format mainly, maybe added a few 3D updates here and there, but not a complete revamp.

No man, I agree, but i'm not positive that they've axed that feature. Maybe they've just improved on it somehow and don't want to tell us right away?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Ummm...Did anybody else notice that the Nurse at the counter in the Pokemon Center is NOT Nurse Joy?

She really looks different but maybe it's her new clothes in the next generation, but since her hair looks the same, I think it's probably Nurse Joy. We need a clear picture of it, because I can't see there the white hat. She also has the same hair style.

rocky505

I pray to God we can get our pokemon from DPPt and HGSS into these games.

I don't want a repeat of the 3rd Gen...
well both can be played on the DS so i'm sure you'll be able to trade them over.

No man, I agree, but i'm not positive that they've axed that feature. Maybe they've just improved on it somehow and don't want to tell us right away?

I considered that, but I dunno. If they didn't want to show us 5th gen Pokemon following the trainer around, they always could have had a 1st-4th gen Pokemon.

Neurotic Nuckelavee

Monochromatic Beast
I think I'm going to have to buy both versions this generation so I can play as both the boy and the girl because they both look pretty cool to me XD MUCH better than Dawn & Lucas in my opinion. Yay go Brunettes and ponytails! The ponytail looks like it belongs much more than Lyra's pigtails which always look like little brown antenna/horns to me...

Can't wait to see the official artwork on the two of them. :)

Also I agree, I'm going to miss pokemon walking behind you if they did indeed take it out. Currently that is the only reason why I'm still playing HG.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
She really looks different but maybe it's her new clothes in the next generation, but since her hair looks the same, I think it's probably Nurse Joy. We need a clear picture of it, because I can't see there the white hat. She also has the same hair style.

Her hair is Brown and Nurse Joy's hair is ALWAYS Pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.