• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiacsage

Challenge Seeker
Do u guyz think we'll get some other gym leaders revealed before the games release?

That is hard to say, I would think since the release is so close probably not. I do not see them revealing too much more actually but I could be wrong.

Cerex

Do u guyz think we'll get some other gym leaders revealed before the games release?
I doubt it. The game release is just around the corner and since there are so many new features that take up most of the spotlight I think the rest of the information we get, leaked or otherwise, will be focused on that rather than gym leaders, which are just standard part of the franchise. Unless of course those said gym leaders play an important role in the story. Which would be nice.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

No, unless they have a point. Then again, why was Aloe revealed?

MightTales

Hound Trainer
But Iris was in some big building with a man but it could still be that shes Aloe's daughter
I wonder wat her purpose is in the game

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
But Iris was in some big building with a man but it could still be that shes Aloe's daughter
I wonder wat her purpose is in the game

It may have something to do with the Legendary dragons as many have speculated or she may have something to do with a wi-fi event, but as when she is shown in the trailer, the area is more shown so probably she is linked with the Dragons, yet we dont know yet.

pkmn_10

If Aloe is fire and Dento is grass, do you think the third will be water? This could stop the recurring element of one starter being stong against the first few gyms, while one struggles and the other becomes less used also. For example, Cyndaquil is a great choice for a starter in HGSS, and in some respects so is Totodile. But with average stats and type disadvantage from the start, Chikorita is left out. BW should combat this.

Krait

Why speak of racism in Pokemon? Just because it's called "Black" and "White"?
Because if that's the case, the the Red version is the communist version of Pokemon.
I honestly thought the names were going to be Ebony and Ivory but meh. They are just names.

I can't wait for them to be released in the American continent! I'm so excited.

And please, somebody tell me WHO is the rival?

(I also think that if a third release of gen 5 comes out, I bet it will be called "Gray")

Grei

not the color
If Aloe is fire and Dento is grass, do you think the third will be water? This could stop the recurring element of one starter being stong against the first few gyms, while one struggles and the other becomes less used also. For example, Cyndaquil is a great choice for a starter in HGSS, and in some respects so is Totodile. But with average stats and type disadvantage from the start, Chikorita is left out. BW should combat this.

This happens every Gen. It's just that, for the 1st, 3rd, and 4th Gens, the first Gym was a Rock-type, which makes it easy for the Grass- and Water-type starters but adds difficulty if you chose Fire.

And that's what's going to happen, assuming Dento is Grass-type.

And please, somebody tell me WHO is the rival.

The rivals are Cheren and Belle. Information on them can be found on the main site (here). We officially have two this Generation, as opposed to past generations.

N isn't an "official" rival, but he's someone who appears over so often and challenges you, because he believes all Pokemon should be free and opposes trainers like you who capture Pokemon. (Which is totally hypocritical, but anyway.)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought N was a rival too, since he apparently doesn't like you very much and stalks you for battles? No? Oh well, I guess Cheren and Belle are fine too, in their own little way. I wonder if Belle is really a rival or just more like a supporting character who battles you once or twice for the lulz. It seems odd for us to have two rivals in the games, especially a girly-girl like Belle who appears to have no idea on what she's doung.

Grei

not the color
I thought N was a rival too, since he apparently doesn't like you very much and stalks you for battles? No? Oh well, I guess Cheren and Belle are fine too, in their own little way. I wonder if Belle is really a rival or just more like a supporting character who battles you once or twice for the lulz. It seems odd for us to have two rivals in the games, especially a girly-girl like Belle who appears to have no idea on what she's doung.

Cheren and Belle are the only ones who are "officially" rivals. N wasn't stated to be a "rival", but he practically is one. By Pokemon's standards, a rival is someone who starts off their journey around the same time as you. I don't know if N fits that bill, but he's rival-esque in that he battles you every so often because he doesn't really like you.

pkmn_10

I hope Belle and Cheren don't just disappear like Brendan/May did in Gen 3, leaving Wally to do all the rival work. I want regular, extremely challenging battles with diverse teams that require me to think, just like a Gym battle.

Icy_Snorunt

Pokemon Coordinator
Cheren surely does look interesting as a rival. Hopefully a strong one so I can have a challenge! :)
But Belle looks really clumsy haha. I'm thinking she'll be a Brendan/May and only battle you a couple of times, while Cheren will be the 'real' rival.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
Belle surely does look interesting as a rival. Hopefully a strong one so I can have a challenge! :)
But Cheren looks really clumsy haha. I'm thinking she'll be a Brendan/May and only battle you a couple of times, while Belle will be the 'real' rival.

You do realize that Cheren is a boy, right? Belle's the blond girl, and Cheren's the Chinese-looking boy.

If anything, Belle looks like she'll be the clumsy one, while Cheren appears to be analytical and could be an intense rival.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I don't believe I've ever seen someone mix those two names up. Here I was thinking it was impossible to do so.

Psikid

仮面の男
If anything, Belle looks like she'll be the clumsy one, while Cheren appears to be analytical and could be an intense rival.

At one point, Cheren says that his objective is to become the Pokémon League Champion, so I daresay that he will end up being a formidable foe, particularly in the game's later stages.

druboyks

ThndrBdg Coordinator
This may have been asked before, but what is the advantage of infrared communications? Is it a faster method of trading or what? I am a little fuzzy on the deets.

Sakrey

Caring Career
The Infrared mode of the C Gear will permit player to do quick battle and trading. About 'quick battle' I don't know a thing; as for 'quick trading', it appears that infrared will allow players to trade directly from their boxes and also it will provide exchange of Friend code between players.

Another part of the infrared mode of the C Gear will be called the Feeling Check. It will 'check' the players compatibility. One of the minigames showed to us is a game where two people have to keep the same rhythm/pace/rate or whatever may be the word.
By the end of the minigame, it will check your result and give you a percentage. Higher is the percentage, higher your rank will be and better will be your reward; because, yes, you and your partner will get a reward, depending on your result.

So what's the use of the infrared ?
Battle, trading and items from minigame(s).

79396127.png

The C-Gear's Infrared menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.