• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyJackson

Khezu Whelp
I wanted to wait to see the final evolutions of the starters before I pre-ordered, after seeing them, I decided I'm sticking with Tsutaja, I really like its final form!

Mijumaru's final form looks nice too, I'd just like to say, NICE MUSTACHE!

Pokabu's isn't really doing it for me, the third looks okay but the 2nd form is just.. wow.

Anyway, I can't wait to get Black, it looks like it's going to be amazing!

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
Im saying it, i liked Mijumaru at first as it seemed like a Mudkip which i loved, then now the final evolution is just like Mudkip, it keeps form in the first evolution then its final stage changes drastically but keeps slight characteristics, most Starters all resemble each other until Mijumaru.
Sorry i must say it, its my leave favorite starter evolution ever.

Last edited:

KickAsh

halted development
Words cannot describe my disappointment with the starter evos. I hate every single one of them. Especially Mijumaru's third form.
Gaaaahh.

zodiacsage

Challenge Seeker
Mijumaru: is still my favourite starter. Now I actually understand WHY he has such a radical change, I accept him, and I'm getting to LOVE his design.

I could not agree with you more Proby3, I was planning on choosing Mijumaru before and I definitely still plan on choosing him after seeing his final evolution. I think the major shift in design for his final evo is unique and all these starters in general seem to break from the mold of previous starters in their own way.

Also, for all those people who automatically hate/criticize every new Pokemon that ever comes out I suggest drawing up your own designs for how you think they should look to show us how you could make it better, or most likely if you have no real talent at artwork design then just accept what the professional artists employed to create the new Pokes have come up with.

I find criticism to be quite valid, no one should always be forced to like something new but when it amounts to mindless flaming I think that is just kind of weak. The fact is in a few years most people who are complaining (and I mean those with no real arguments or opinions for their beliefs) will have either moved on from playing Pokemon or sit here and post on the Forums how the new Pokemon from the Sixth Gen do not even compare to the Fifth Gen Pokemon and so the endless stream of bashing will continue.

Junaia

Tsutaja Evo: Looks pretty nice all the way. Looks like a Pure Grass, Grass/Dragon(Happy Weaviles!), Grass/Dark, Grass/Poison(snake factor), or even Grass/Electric. From the looks of it, it may have highest stats in Speed or somewhere along the lines of Sceptile, with possibly low HP or defenses(typical of all current snake pokemon). This will be my starter of Choice.

Pokabu Evo: Looks decent, I like the middle evo, but hard to tell for the final. Looks very likely a Fire/Fighting type(again...), but can't rule out anything different. Other possibilities are Pure Fire, Fire/Psychic, Fire/Dark, Fire/Ground, or Fire/Steel. This may be the first starter with it's highest stat in HP or the first defensive fire starter. Like the pattern, the bigger the pokemon, the more HP it may have. It may have above average defenses, and possibly low speed, with nearly equal average or above average attack stats.

Mijumaru Evo: Looks somewhat good and somewhat bad. I can see the similarity to the giant Otter you guys have been showing. Typing is likely Pure Water, but other possibilities are Water/Rock, Water/Psychic, or Water/Ice. I can see the highest stat may be in Defenses or Special Attack, with decent speed and above average HP.

Smoke_Screen

Wooguru Rider
I'm really impressed with these starters, good job game freak, however I'm least keen on Tsutaja's final form. Pokabu's evo's are very clever indeed but I'm sick of fire/fighting combos, give us something different please. As for Mijumaru's evolutions I love them both especially the final form although it's a surprise, I can see the giant otter reference but still it's a very drastic change.

I for one will be remaining with my initial choice of picking Mijumaru :D

wolvie616

SoulSilver
um, I can believe the water and grass starters. they look very much like sugimori artwork, and are logical evolutions, IMO. I like them a lot

the fire starter? they still look fake to me. obviously not sugimori, though a bit anime style. still, I think they look stupid, so I might not get him. that would be a shame, since I always get fire....

SHIFTER01

you ever just wanna pierce the heavens?
I gotta say, I really don't like the supposed Pokabu and Mijumaru evos... Mijumaru's looks nothing like a water/fighting samurai otter and Pokabu's looks like a goddamned spectrobe. :(
Tsutarja's, on the other hand, really does look like it has potential... hoping for grass/dragon or grass/electric >_>

;136; Dude

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Well... we should definately have some news tonight seeming the Pokemon Sunday is tonight!!!

Any new Pokemon? Maybe. But its the musical part today isn't it? Maybe that smiley face mask will be unveiled tonight?!

Lucario_Guy

Diety of Technology
I personally dislike Mijumaru's final evo's design, although it may just be its pose that's making it look like crap. I mean, if one had only ever seen Reshiram's Sugimori Art, one would be forever befuddled by its wing design.

Tsutarja's final evo's light-green color is the only thing I even remotely dislike about it; other than that, it only makes me want Tsutarja moar. (GO PLAUSIBLE /DRAGON-TYPE!) :p

Pokabu's evos... I like their aesthetic designs, but the implied /Fighting-type brings me to tears of facepalm. (SRSLY? FOUR freakin' generations of Fire/Fighting-types?!) :/

I'm hoping they're fakes, but I could live with it if they turned out 100% real.

Last edited:

KickAsh

halted development
If I may post my opinions...

Tsutarja: The middle evo is fine. It's actual a quality Pokemon, I'm just a little bored by it (and yes, I know that makes me sound like an arrogant Pokemon basher; but rest assured I am not). It's basically just a bigger form of Tsutarja, with only like two changes to distinguish it. It's done enough to improve upon Tsutarja, I just think don't think it is that good. But the final evo makes up for it. The final evo is fantastic. The only thing I don't like is how the body sort of pokes out of the skin, but I'll just accept that and move on.

Pokabu: By far the biggest let-down for me. Pokabu looked so promising, with it's happy piggishness and basic awesomeness. In short, I loved Pokabu like I hadn't loved a starter since Charmander. And then on September 1, my world was shattered. The evos of Pokabu were released, and I was crushed. WHAT HAPPENED?!! The middle evo is fine, it's a pig and its muscular. It looks like a Fire/Fighting, which disappoints me, but I'll gladly have a good looking evolutionary line of Fire/Fighting over a bad looking line of Fire/Dark (what I think Pokabu's line will be). Pokabu is fantastic, and his middle evo is decent. But the final evolution is the biggest deal-breaker of all time. I can't get over the fact that it seems to be wearing a monocle, oh, and also its terrible arms and the way it somehow lost all piggishness.

Mijumaru: For me, "Wotter"'s middle evo is the best of all 6 starter evos. The color scheme looks fantastic, and the design logically follows Mijumaru while actually improving on it. It looks like a solid Pokemon, with a Water/Fighting type as predicted. And then the final evo...It looks like a bad Swampert, and after staring at it for awhile in disgust, I realized my biggest problem with it: Why do Mijumaru and "Aquotter" stand on their hind-legs, while the final evo is on all fours? Also, everything else has changed. I just don't see it as a logical step up, plus I think it just sucks, so I won't pick Mijumaru. (I didn't like Mijumaru to begin with.)

Bottom Line: What was a promising batch of starters, led by the magnificent Pokabu, has been turned into a trio of iffy (at best) final evos. In two cases, the middle evo is better than the final evo.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. :)

KickAsh

halted development
If I may post my opinions...

Tsutarja: The middle evo is fine. It's actual a quality Pokemon, I'm just a little bored by it (and yes, I know that makes me sound like an arrogant Pokemon basher; but rest assured I am not). It's basically just a bigger form of Tsutarja, with only like two changes to distinguish it. It's done enough to improve upon Tsutarja, I just think don't think it is that good. But the final evo makes up for it. The final evo is fantastic. The only thing I don't like is how the body sort of pokes out of the skin, but I'll just accept that and move on.

Pokabu: By far the biggest let-down for me. Pokabu looked so promising, with it's happy piggishness and basic awesomeness. In short, I loved Pokabu like I hadn't loved a starter since Charmander. And then on September 1, my world was shattered. The evos of Pokabu were released, and I was crushed. WHAT HAPPENED?!! The middle evo is fine, it's a pig and its muscular. It looks like a Fire/Fighting, which disappoints me, but I'll gladly have a good looking evolutionary line of Fire/Fighting over a bad looking line of Fire/Dark (what I think Pokabu's line will be). Pokabu is fantastic, and his middle evo is decent. But the final evolution is the biggest deal-breaker of all time. I can't get over the fact that it seems to be wearing a monocle, oh, and also its terrible arms and the way it somehow lost all piggishness.

Mijumaru: For me, "Wotter"'s middle evo is the best of all 6 starter evos. The color scheme looks fantastic, and the design logically follows Mijumaru while actually improving on it. It looks like a solid Pokemon, with a Water/Fighting type as predicted. And then the final evo...It looks like a bad Swampert, and after staring at it for awhile in disgust, I realized my biggest problem with it: Why do Mijumaru and "Aquotter" stand on their hind-legs, while the final evo is on all fours? Also, everything else has changed. I just don't see it as a logical step up, plus I think it just sucks, so I won't pick Mijumaru. (I didn't like Mijumaru to begin with.)

Bottom Line: What was a promising batch of starters, led by the magnificent Pokabu, has been turned into a trio of iffy (at best) final evos. In two cases, the middle evo is better than the final evo.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. :)

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
I'm still not convinced that they're real.

We already know that Mijumaru and Tsutāja's evolutions were revealed in the beta art, but we haven't seen the color scheme.

Tsutāja's line: The final evolution looks completely off-colored, but I do like the fact that it sticks to the evolutionary reality of snake evolution (losing their limbs.)

Pokabu's line: I actually can deal with this one, and I'm picking Pokabu regardless, but I was expecting more. I like the Wind Waker cell-shading style of design and possible Ganon reference, but I'm a bit disappointed.

Mijumaru's line: At first, I didn't like Mijumaru, but the more I see it and its evolution, the more I prefer it over Tsutāja's line (I don't like the Grass Snake's evolutions), but the final evolution screams *FAKE* to me. It's like they pulled a Remoraid -> Octillery again.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
Lol at people.

My opinions.

Tsutarja is def. my favorite line so far. I'm not overwhelmed with the final evo, but I'm not upset by it either. Compared to the other two, I'm def. choosing Tsutarja. Personally, I like the color scheme and how the entire 'ivy' thing was sort of intergrated into the actual body design. The swirls looks like ivy to me, collecting into leaves at the tail. The smugness turned into a regal appearance. I really like the way it evolved. I think (honestly) I looked at a bit too much fanart of Tsutarja (well really only ONE good one) and so I knew nothing would live up to that. XD But I still am not upset in the least. I'm glad it lost it's limbs. Typing it looks pure grass to me, to be honest.

Pokabu. *sighs* I was actually growing to really like the little pig. I'm not a huge fan of pigs. XD And I LOVE the middle evo. I'm going to say that up-front. I was like, "OMG! AWESOME!" when I saw the middle evo. It still had the look of Pokabu while improving and looking stronger. The final form...ruined it? I'm not positive here, because the face is blurry and I'm a stickler for final, full-resolution artworks before I make final judgements, because I can't see it. It's face looks...off to me. It doesn't seem to match the face Pokabu and it's first evo seem to share. So I think that annoys me the most. Oh yeah, and it looks to be Fire/Fighting again, which is just...overdone. But yeah. Sorta upset (not passing final judgement). And the designs on it's body (the gold swirls) remind me of Infernape! o_O Is it just me?

Mijimaru. Ummm. I was also really growing to like the little blue demon. Mainly because it looks so awesome/kickass in the anime. The second evo was fine in my opinion. A logical progression from Mijimaru. The final one. A biiiit drastic. It doesn't look like the same line of Pokemon to me. I like the final evo as a pokemon, just not necessarily the progression. I sorta imagined Mijimaru to continue standing on two feet and the shells play a different role. I haven't seen any fanart of this one, so I'm just honestly disappointed(mildly) with the result. I want better resolution of course, but we'll see. Seems to be pure water. Very underwhelmed again.

Basically, I like ALL the middle forms, better than the final one. But that could just be the resolution. Or...well...I hope it is.

Last edited:

kemal07

It's weird that I think i've got myself used to them already but I still get a bit upset while thinking that at first when the starters were first anounced I thought they were the best starters, but after seeing their evolutions I got quite upset. I still hope in a way that somehow it gets confirmed that their fake, but doesn't seem that possible...

I doubt i'l get a reply to this question due to the starter evo hype here, but I have a question that i've had in my mind for ages. I love Gochiruzeru and will definately be a member of my team, does anyone have high hopes or believe that it will either have a pre-evo or an evo?

Last edited:

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
I doubt i'l get a reply to this question due to the starter evo hype here, but I have a question that i've had in my mind for ages. I love Gochiruzeru and will definately be a member of my team, does anyone have high hopes or believe that it will either have a pre-evo or an evo?
As much as I WISH for an evo or pre-evo, I sorta doubt it. =\

Though honestly I want an evo, though of course a pre-evo would be just as fine with me. I sorta wanted it to be a 3 part psychic line, like Gardevoir, or something similar. I love the design and would love to see a smaller version or an evo.

But it looks like a mid-evo or a final evo to me. Or just a standalone, so I guess we'll see.

Icay4321

Status
Not open for further replies.