• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiinel

Now isn't the time.

Psikid

仮面の男
If you participate in the Pokémon Musical on your birthday, you can get use special goods, and you even receive a model cake (lol).
Also, the Pokémon Center wishes you a happy birthday on your special day. :D

rocky505

WTF are they wanting our pokemon to act like strippers on your birthday or something !?

Thriller

Its almost time
I swear, I have never seen so much whining, ungratefulness, and all-around skepticism concerning a video game franchise in my life.

I don't even know where to start with this rant... I guess I can say that Game Freak isn't doing ANYTHING for you. Whether you kids f*cking think it will or not, Pokemon WILL NOT continue in for all eternity until there are over a quadrillion Pokemon in the entire Pokedex clocking in eventually at the year 6821 AD (and yes, I am speaking in jest). It's become pretty clear to me, though, that Game Freak and Nintendo do want to keep this franchise going because it's worth so much, and though I used to be against the idea of a 5th Generation, I'm very willing and eager to give Pokemon Black & White a chance, because from what we've seen so far, this is gonna COMPLETELY make up for the mess that was Diamond & Pearl. DP was outright disappointing to me, the story was riddled with cliches, the game itself felt pretty short and after beating the Elite 4, I honestly felt there wasn't much more to do. Yeah, there was the island to the North, but other than catching Heatran, what else was there to do other than fight my way through the Battle Tower like I did (or didn't, because I want more to do than Pokemon Battling)? The only thing I liked about the 4th Generation was the Pokemon - especially the new evolutions (hey, I'm a sucker for them).

Now that's enough about me, since I don't want to get too off-topic.

Going back to Game Freak & Nintendo keeping Pokemon alive; is it not reasonable to think they're gonna wind up recycling and reusing ideas for Pokemon? This is why Pokabu's final evolution resembles Rhyperior in shape and posture. Truthfully, using old Pokemon to base New Pokemon is something they've been doing since GSC. I can remember reading an issue of EGM and they, for whatever reason, thought Chikorita looked like a Weepinbell. The fact is, we want to look for things like this to confirm our beliefs that the things we think are counterfeit, are. This is why people are resorting to ridiculous means like using this "Photoshop Scanner" thing or whatever the f*ck it's called. It kinda makes me sad how desperate you folks are in proving yourselves right just so you will make everyone think we're getting "better" evolutions for the starters.

Apparently, none of you know much about evolution outside of Pokemon. Now, I see no need for me to get into what evolution really is due to religious beliefs, but to be blunt, Charles Darwin theorized humans were once hairy apes. We've lost most our hair. That's a pretty big change if you'd ask me. We also walked hunched over, it was because of evolution we can walk upright.

If you people believe the Pokemon should evolve into "stronger looking" versions of Tsu, Poka & Miju, I suggest you take a reality check, and look at the starters since Ru/Sa. None of them fully evolved looks like their respective starters.

For those who think Serebii is wrong, and let me say I'm not necessarily defending him, this man knows and has connections with people INSIDE THE INDUSTRY. He knew the entire SSBB roster months before it was revealed, and he proved it. He knew all the English names of the 4th Generation Pokemon months before its American release, and he proved it. If he honestly thought these are still fake, after the last episode concerning them (where it was just as easy for me to come out and confirm they're fake), he wouldn't have put them back up, at least without checking once or thrice.

And for those who are "disappointed" that Pokemon Sunday didn't shed some light on these Starter evolutions, how about you concentrate on the more important things? School should be in for all of you, and with the economy and school systems of today, you really should put all concentration into it. So nothing groundbreaking was revealed tonight, you can wait the 2 more weeks for the game to come out can't you? Of course, you can't play it, but you'll have your precious Serebii spoiling the entire game for you in one night. Man up, and have patience, all of you.

For the third time, and there's a reason I keep ending with this, when these evolutions are confirmed real, ALL of you will accept them and fall in love with them like the suckers for Pokemon you all are.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
That's your fault. You were expecting too much.

I wasnt expecting to much and got disapointed... you guys can say all the you want, put them lined with the other starters all of them and you see specially Mijumaru evolution makes no sense, only a blind person doesnt see that but I dont really give a **** anymore the pokemon is still cool even if it makes no ****ing sense.

No Thriller its not a matter of habituation from my part, ofc I will but i never felt and I see a lot of people with the same opinion, bad about the starters evolutions, I didnt like Empoleon that much but it made sense and I eventually liked it, its the nonsense stuff that you guys just want to ignore, this issue would have ended if you guys stopped being nuthugger and for a time admit and say YES MIJUMARU EVOLUTION IS WEIRD, being it real or fake thats the main issue here.

The pig thing people are just whining because they dont want another Fire/Fightning but design like it looks pretty good and pokemonish.

The grass dude is also ok even if the thrid form doesnt look a 3rd form of a starter.

People wouldnt whine so much if at every 3 posts theres a guy whining back saying no they are cool, etc.

For the last 3 or 4 days I have written this **** like 20 times already, seriously open your damn eyes being it fake or true its a ****ing WEIRD evolution and like i said tons and tons of times I havent whined at one pokemon with official art since I think they are all awesome or good atleast.

Again the issue is not if they are cool or not for most of the people, its just that some have weird characteristics...ofc the whiners who have whined about every single pokemon of the 5generation unless Emo Lucario because hes badass, will still whine at any other pokemon that we get and compare them to old ones etc, like we never had those comparations in older regions.

Othr people saying there were people who hated the other starters, thats just the whiners I just said that will comlain about everything because they are spoiled brats, it doesnt invalidate anything of the above...

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've never seen Thriller so upset. Well I hope everything works out and people get used to the idea of these being the real Isshu Starter evolutionary forms.

Anyway about the Pokemon Musicals, I really love that huge arena they get! Look at how big and colorful it is, it beats the Pokemon Super Contest hall in terms of design. It seems like it's going to be pretty boring though; just a bunch of accessories being placed on Pokemon and some odd like dances. It looks like they could've been more original with these things, they just look like longer Pokemon Super Contest Dance Judgement rounds :S

PeteDHeat

lol people are stressing waaaaay too much about this
even though i want them to be fake i made up my mind on mijuraru and keeping it on the second stage :p

PeteDHeat

lol people are stressing waaaaay too much about this
even though i want them to be fake i made up my mind on mijuraru and keeping it on the second stage :p

wolvie616

SoulSilver
Thriller, I apologise if my post contributed to your exasperation, man. I love reading your posts. you're definately one of my favorites around here :D

And though it DOES seem like they're confirmed now, are we sure the fire starters aren't fake? I honestly believe in the Water and Grass starters, and am stoked for them. I do. the fire starters are just drawn in such a different style though, it seems that they might have been doctored?

at any rate, I saw the musical bit on pokemon sunday. I can't wait :D Black and White will probably be my favorites since the originals.

It's as if the Joker decided to stir up some chaos on the hearts of Pokémon players and decided to fake those evos.

just look at us right frigging now

Last edited:

Lorde

Wait why does the main site say that Pokemon Musicals in Pokemon Black and White are like Pokemon Contests, without the battle aspect? They never included a battle round or anything of the sort, ever. I think he's confusing the anime Contests with game Contests. Well whatever, the Pokemon Musicals just seem so repetitive from the look of things. I bet participating in them will be like playing on the Nintendo Wii; it gets boring after about five minutes.

Grei

not the color
I swear, I have never seen so much whining, ungratefulness, and all-around skepticism

aaaaaand I'm going to stop there. Skepticism is not a bad thing in the slightest, especially when there is evidence for and against the legitimacy of a Pokemon.

I'm sure many of us are aware that we will still play the games even with these hideous designs, but just because we are fans of a franchise does not mean we are forced to willingly accept and completely adore every single aspect of the franchise. That's called having an opinion. If that irritates you to the point of going on long-winded rants, then I suggest learning to deal.

Last edited:

Abus0ru

アブソル
Wait why does the main site say that Pokemon Musicals in Pokemon Black and White are like Pokemon Contests, without the battle aspect? They never included a battle round or anything of the sort, ever. I think he's confusing the anime Contests with game Contests. Well whatever, the Pokemon Musicals just seem so repetitive from the look of things. I bet participating in them will be like playing on the Nintendo Wii; it gets boring after about five minutes.

Battle as in using attacks to impress judges I believe, which isn't directly a battle, but attacks are obviously an aspect of battling.

I agree with your point about them though, they look like they will be fun the first few times, but then boring any time afterward.

wolvie616

SoulSilver
It's as if the Joker decided to stir up some chaos on the hearts of Pokémon players and decided to fake those evos.

just look at us right frigging now
grant morrison is so proud right now :p
As a musical actor myself, I'd like to hold out hope until the games come out

Lorde

Battle as in using attacks to impress judges I believe, which isn't directly a battle, but attacks are obviously an aspect of battling.

No that's not it. He says that Pokemon Musicals will still include the appeals round seen in Pokemon Contests, only taken to another level. It means that using attacks to impress the judges will still play a role in the Pokemon Musicals in some shape or form. It still doesn't explain the "battle aspect" part though :S

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
People are insane on the starter evolutions. I can see quite a few similarities between each evolution. Whether it be based off of mythology or otherwise. (Including Miju 2nd stage and 3rd) There are details that could easily transfer. The only questionable thing is the bipedal--->Quadpedal thing going on. (The whiskers are white = white facial hair, the horn look at both stages one is starting to transfer) and so on.

@Grei, said poster is talking about people acting like they're not going to buy a game over one design they don't like, a change THEY didn't get, even though GF/Nintendo has been actually pushing to do what people wanted "change" for people like me who don't like big massive changes they've still made it appealing. It's ridiculous how people are acting. On serebii being attacked on such sites as GF (Not Game Freak but I don't want to advertise) where people were calling Serebii stupid, less credible and etc. Sure, they weren't ungrateful they were just hateful ******* ********!

I agree with Thriller 100%, great post in all regards for those who've seen many other forums and people's reactions and stupidity. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Abus0ru

アブソル
He said it doesn't include ANY of the battling aspects of Contests, just expands upon the new appeals of Super Contests, which would be the dancing/dress up part I believe, which makes sense. But that part may still be in, have we seen in video of that part? All I've seen is the dress up and the musical part, so.

Status
Not open for further replies.