• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures
No bad idea if they waited to release the game for the 3DS we would have to buy a whole new console just o play 5 games coming to its release.
remember the DS lite and DSi have a good 3D capabilitie to handle this game

I'm pretty sure there will be more than 5 games made for the 3DS...

Amphar0s

Indie Music Fan.
EDIT:

After more closely looking at the cave screenshot...

cave-big.jpg

Are those smaller rocks floating!? Why is the blue glow slightly further down than the location of the rocks?

It looks like little bits of static/electricity are coming off of the bigger rocks, as well.

Heart Gold

Ho-oh Blasts you off
oh god.... i hate how these ones look....i wish that they didn't ruin the old and classic way pokemon games have been for the past 15 years, where you see from above, now, everything is retarded in my point of view, as the viewpoint of the character just makes the game look stupid and weird
;250;I am guessing that we arent Not Used to experience of this 2.5D-3Dish game with all Brand New Looks. HG/SS is my favorite because I just like to have Pokemon follow me Feature;250;

Grei

not the color
It looks like little bits of static/electricity are coming off of the bigger rocks, as well.

Either that, or cracks in the ground.

This cave definitely interests me the most. What is the cause of the glowing and, in some cases, floating rocks and the static/glowing cracks surrounding the rocks?

panas

hey did anyone notice that in the city next to the building with the pokemart there is a waterfall?

Jigglypuff5000

I'm pretty sure there will be more than 5 games made for the 3DS...

Indeed [though I think they were bemoaning about that being the number of Pokemon games for said system - which makes me wonder whether they play many DS titles other than Pokemon].

I agree that these should've been 3DS exclusives, though [not just possibly] enhanced, it really would've been a great kick to the new gen and handheld direction Nintendo want to go in [3D], and everyone would've brought a 3DS simply for these games.

Oh well. Big cash intake opportunity missed on their part. *shrugs*

R_N

Gotta say...the viewpoint looks really, really ugly. 3D on the DS can be good buuuut Pokemon 3D on the DS has always worked better from the viewpoint they used before.
Least we know what they can do for the third version to take advantage of 3DS, eh?

The new battle screen seems to be interesting. I'm so glad they're still using sprites, and look full back sprites! I'm surprised they didn't bring back the partner feature of HGSS, though. Seems to be the same visual style, I was convinced they wouldn't let that sprite work go to waste...

Hopefully Sunday will show some brief clips of some of these screens in motion. I can see them showing off the girl walking around, and maybe the battle screen.

jshizzlex6661

Sick Of Natures

That place is gonna be fulllllllllllll of Magnemite.

gliscor&yanmega

hey did anyone notice that in the city next to the building with the pokemart there is a waterfall?

First off, that's the Pokemart and Pokemon center, seems like they fused the both together.

Secondly, that looks more like the sky then a waterfall.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Hey guess who's back!

Wow, I leave for a few hours and miss the CoroCoro leak and find that the pages on this thread jumped from 43 to 73. o_O

Well first things first:

1) The names are NOT racist (they are colors, shades, etc.), so enough already. Plus, we already know that some will take it that way, so stop reminding us. And since we have no idea what they are going to do for the world release (US, Europe, etc.), let's stop passing those ideas as facts.

2) They are never going to make a purely evil pokemon, so stop. Maybe a corrupted/twisted one, but not evil.

3) Enough with the *shudders* light types. If it happens, then discuss. But until then lets pretend that idea doesn't exist.

4) Yes it's confirmed for the DS. It's been mentioned. Let's try to do a little reading before we post. Please.

5) Let's try to keep on topic as well. Remember, a bald mod is a sad mod.

6) And no talk about the third game or it's name (Gray, Crimson, or otherwise). Nothing is confirmed.

After catching up (yes I read all 30+ new pages) that had to be said again.

And if anyone brings up number 1 again, this will be the standard response:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=11219390&postcount=669

Now, on to the leak:

1) The first Picture:
- I like the look of the battle screen. Gives it more depth. I like that you can see the whole pokemon too. I was tired of seeing floating heads :)

2) The second picture:
- I like the new 3D effects and the new perspective. It gives more depth to the game and makes it feel a little more interactive.
- The new male character needs a hair cut.
- Adding to that, looks like no character customization. Oh well... :/
- I like how realistic the bridge looks

3) Third Picture (the zoomed in one of the cave):
- I like how the cave looks more natural. The sparks and glow from the rocks is a nice touch. Possibly a way to accommodate Probopass and Magneton?

4) Fourth Picture (the zoomed in one of the poke center):
- I like the depth of it. Makes it look a little bigger and somewhat imposing :)
- I like how it's an all in one place now. A lot more convenient.
- The speech bubble is an interesting touch. I wonder if the main character gets one? :)
- The female main character is a disappointment yet again. Reminds me of that yellow/black color lover trainer from the anime. :/

5) The fifth picture:
- O.O
- I love how the city looks! It looks like you are actually in a city instead of a town that thinks it's a city. :)
- That big black area could be a shadow from a passing cloud?

All in all, it looks like this Gen is shaping up to be awesome. I'm giddy with excitement. I just hope that there is more coming, though. I am tired of waiting for the abilities of the Z's. It also looks like they took away the "pokemon walking with you" feature, though it is too soon to tell. I actually liked that (even though I was against it at first :p).

Can't wait for pokemon Sunday!!!

Neurotic Nuckelavee

Monochromatic Beast
The 3dness of HG/SS annoyed me a bit, especially in the Tin (Bell) Tower, as you can't see one of the ramps behind the pillar in the centre >.>

I remember that being a bit of a problem, but they sort of have always tried to hide the occasion passage or doorway 2D or 3D in Gold & Silver they had the hidden gap/gaps(can't really remember too well) in the fence and in D/P they put the cycling road over the cave entrance that led to Gible. They just like to frustrate us into exploring a bit more sometimes XD;

ForeverFlame

I hope we get some unique settings this time around. The city looks pretty basic, and the starting town has nothing new going for it at all.

It looks like the camera angle automatically changes when you walk though, which is pretty cool. It reminds me of the Distortion World.

catzeye

Writer's Block
GWAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! Floating rocks!!!!

I<3 You

Attempting to Chain
THis games going to take away everything from Pokemon that the last games have worked for.

Crob8

Crobat Kid
One good thing about full back sprites - spriters will be able to do full splices of the back sprites now, which'll be fun when making fakemon so you can add details on the back and such ^_^

I can't wait for more stuff... It gets me more hyped the more we find out :p

Adz

Poke Knight
After more closely looking at the cave screenshot...

cave-big.jpg

Are those smaller rocks floating!? Why is the blue glow slightly further down than the location of the rocks?

COUGH ...HM magnet rise!!! COUGH

Or like an overworld functioning magnet rise!! (like flash or headbutt)
because it seems like you can walk under them?

The whole cave rocks anti-gravity thing is most likely an idicator to telkenesis, used by a legendary, particularly the White version legend. It'd be psychic I imagine.

Maybe the way the new cities work is like this;
In the full pan veiwpoint picture, we see that in the middle there is a long alleyway, with nothing but assumably worthless generic buildings in them? Maybe when you walk down that road, the game flashes out, and then back in on the other side? Maybe the programming will have long boring streets in cities as "doors"? Or maybe you can only go left- right and then up or down to leave the city? Maybe not even all the towns are like this, I mean when you compare Goldenrod to all the other towns in HGSS, it comes across as the only 'city', doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.