• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Black and White Confirmed Info Discussion [READ FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
PLEASE READ THIS! THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
ALSO SPECULATE STARTERS IN THE SPECULATION THREAD FOR NOW PLEASE KTHNX

Please only discuss information revealed by the official sources, such as Pokémon*Sunday, CoroCoro, and the official Pokémon sites -- we do not want any discussion on possible Pokémon, regions, or anything else. If you go off-topic your post WILL be deleted and you WILL be warned and/or be given infractions.

You can visit the official website here:
Pokémon Black and White ~Official JP Site~

Pictures from the recent CoroCoro scans can be seen here:
Pokémon Black and White Pre-Release Pictures

Last edited:

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
So, does this mean we'll have even MORE light type debates? Augh. =/ That's getting old. But I do look forward to more info from CoroCoro and Pokemon Sunday.

unluckyred13

tHe blaCk sIlVeR
am i the only one thinking that nintendo or gamefreak could be in trouble by using the color black?(like what happened with jinx.)maybe some fans will have a different impact with the colors?

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
am i the only one thinking that nintendo or gamefreak could be in trouble by using the color black?(like what happened with jinx.)maybe some fans will have a different impact with the colors?

Its always possible in dub names it'll be Light and Dark or something along those lines.

VerusMaya II

75° crazy
I think it's you guys who are making such a big deal about it. They're colors. We use them in day-to-day life. It's okay, really.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Pokemon Black n' White Nice Nintendo real nice I expect for these to be Pokemon Oynx and Pokemon Polar in America

Mawile412

Problem
i hope not! Black and White is a lot better than Light and Dark! or Oynx and Polar

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3

Silver_Seoul

^ Technically, they're not colors. They're the absence or presence of light. =P

So jagged and cool-looking... @__@

ForeverFlame

I think Black and White is a HUGE step back from the titles of the 3rd and 4th generations, but whatever suits Gamefreak.

I'm just curious as to what they're going to call the Third Game. Pokemon Gray or Pokemon Brown? Pfft.

unluckyred13

tHe blaCk sIlVeR
Its always possible in dub names it'll be Light and Dark or something along those lines.

well i hope so.
if they keep that name they will probably be called racist.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
So, does this mean we'll have even MORE light type debates? Augh. =/ That's getting old. But I do look forward to more info from CoroCoro and Pokemon Sunday.
Nope because those sort of posts will just get deleted. =D But don't expect an absense of them appearing. -_-

Personally - they're fine names. Pokemon game names are never special (Red and Blue, random metal/gem names...FireRed LeafGreen...yeah). I wonder if they will change for the english versions, but I do doubt it. We shall see I suppose!

VerusMaya II

75° crazy
Okay, really guys. Not everyone immediately jumps and calls racism when you see the words black and white. And imagine the backlash if they changed the names to something else for America? That'd make it seem even more racist than intended, which is to say none at all!

Sabonea_Masukippa

The colour black has been around a lot longer than the racial connotations.

If someone is going to get all upitty over the use of the word black reffereing to a colour in paradigm to white (but not the use of white, for whatever reason) then that person has a very skewered priority set.

Plus, it's at least considerable that NoA were already told about the titles' colours and considered that they weren't an issue.

Because to any rational person, they're not.

talala

Pokemon Black n' White Nice Nintendo real nice I expect for these to be Pokemon Oynx and Pokemon Polar in America

you expect wrong. heartgold, soulsilver, platinum, diamond, pearl, firered, leafgreen, ruby, sapphire, emerald, crystal, gold, and silver have the same names as their japanese counterparts, the only difference is the language they're spoken in.

Thriller

Its almost time
I think this is very uncreative of Gamefreak to use such names.

(Btw, this isn't going to cause racial problems. Black is a COLOR!)

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Talk about the names only? What the hell else is there to say? Lolracism? Because that's ridiculous.

You might as well lock the thread if the topic is "Black. White. Black and white."

Status
Not open for further replies.